1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Entune stereo turns itself on and off by itself

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by tacomalimited, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Mar 16, 2013 at 3:57 PM
    tacomalimited

tacomalimited [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2013 tacoma limited double cab long bed 4x4.
    Anyone else have this problem?I have a 2013 Tacoma with the entune radio and JBL speakers, occasionally it will turn itself off then back on again.I had an automatic headlight kit installed about a month ago,I don't think that has anything to do with it,but,I hope Toyota don't try to blame that for this weird problem, anyone else experience this? thoughts?

2. Mar 16, 2013 at 5:01 PM
    scratch

scratch Well-Known Member

Member:
    I've had my 2013 with entune for a few days now (totally stock) and notice that happening during my test drive. If I pull up somewhere and stop and then turn on the headlights, about 1 in 5 times the radio would turn off. I have the tow package so it already has the larger alternator and battery. i haven't been able to get it to shutdown on me since the test drive, but I'll sub and post if I can track it down further.

3. Mar 16, 2013 at 5:11 PM
    tacomalimited

tacomalimited [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2013 tacoma limited double cab long bed 4x4.
    okay keep me posted.I have the tow package too.

4. Sep 9, 2014 at 1:35 PM
    TacoTronics

TacoTronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frankie
    Auburn, AL
    Vehicle:
    2014 V6 DCSB TRD Sport
    Predator Bars, Nokya Hyper Yellow Fogs, Fog Mod, Bed Extender, Debadged, Ghost bedside decals, Cerakoted AVID Light Bar, ImMrYo mirror lift, Mattgecko LED bed lighting with remote, interior LED, CSJumper2003's DTRL LED switchback mod, LED headlights, reversing, and parking. Nat's Rear Molle Panel for storage, HomerTaco grill. G4 Elite tonneau cover.
    Trying to find info on this. My 2014 did it for the first 2 weeks then stopped for 2 months and just started back today.... super annoying. Help please

5. Nov 21, 2014 at 2:22 PM
    Ceebs

Ceebs New Member

Member:
    I have a 2014 sport. Radio shuts off when my phone is connected by Bluetooth and a text message comes thru. Have an appt. with dealer in two weeks

6. Nov 21, 2014 at 2:26 PM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Wildwood, MO
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Off Road Magnetic Gray
    Factory Roof Rack, Westin Tube Steps, AVS Bugflector and Wind Deflectors, RideRite Air Bags, Custom Bed Rack, CVT Roof-Top Tent, Weathertech Floor Mats, Redline Hood Supports, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Lock, some stickers
    My 2009 non-Entune did that AND would spontaneously change stations, show weird text (like on the Predator's gauntlet thingy), and when I went to have it replaced, it spontaneously barfed out the CD right when I pulled into the dealership.

Not the same radio, I know. Just info.

7. Nov 21, 2014 at 3:14 PM
    jmaack

jmaack <---this guy

Member:
    This is what mine is doing also. Getting a little tired of it.

8. Nov 22, 2014 at 6:54 AM
    TacoTronics

TacoTronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frankie
    Auburn, AL
    Vehicle:
    2014 V6 DCSB TRD Sport
    Predator Bars, Nokya Hyper Yellow Fogs, Fog Mod, Bed Extender, Debadged, Ghost bedside decals, Cerakoted AVID Light Bar, ImMrYo mirror lift, Mattgecko LED bed lighting with remote, interior LED, CSJumper2003's DTRL LED switchback mod, LED headlights, reversing, and parking. Nat's Rear Molle Panel for storage, HomerTaco grill. G4 Elite tonneau cover.
    I read somewhere that it has to do with having to download too much data from your phone ie. call history and text messages. I deleted all my texts and call history and it quit doing it.

To Top