1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Entune USB Music File Issues

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by weldo, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Oct 9, 2016 at 12:06 PM
    weldo

weldo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Pittsburgh, pa
    Vehicle:
    2014 base ac 2.7 5-speed 4x4
    Hey guys, I've got a stock 2014 navigation head unit. I like to have a USB drive plugged in with music on it, organized on a PC a folder for each artist, then individual album folders in that artist folder. I ran into a few issues with naming though.

After I would rip a CD to the USB I'd plug it into the truck and end up with things like multiple names for the same artist. For example, I'd have "ACDC", "AC/DC", and "ACDC/ACDC". And sometimes on an album there's a "contributing artist" for a track or two. The head unit would list that track separately from the album it came from.

Well I went back to the computer with the USB drive and made sure to rename everything consistently, changing artist names and album names and removing "contributing artist" names just to get everything listed properly.

It seems to have worked but some of the wonky named albums are still present on the head unit even after deleting them from the USB drive.

I tried disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes or so but the deleted info is still present.

Once again, the file info is deleted off of the USB drive via a PC but it still appears on the head unit when the USB is inserted.

Anyone know how I could clear this stuff off? It's not a real problem so much as an annoyance. It just makes it harder to browse the music pages.

Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top