1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Epoxy Garage Floor people

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by DwightKSchrute, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Nov 25, 2020 at 12:51 PM
    DwightKSchrute

DwightKSchrute [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    2017 Magnetic Gray Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4
    Just wondering if anyone has done the epoxy floor kits from Lowes/Home Depot in their Taco garage....? I'm considering and just looking for lessons learned, feedback, outcomes, success stories, etc.

Thanks!

2. Nov 25, 2020 at 1:05 PM
    wrightme43

wrightme43 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Scottsville Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    17 Double Cab M/T TRD Offroad Blazing Blue Pearl
    Redline custom leather shift and e-brake boot. VFTUNE Super Full Otto cycle, octane learning, premium fuel.
    I am a rental equipment guy. I have experience in the right tools end of things.
    And the fixing failures end.

Make sure you put the hardener catalyst in.
    2 times I have helped people remove that mess.
    Look into the Diamabrush prep disc by Malish. It really does a great job getting the concrete ready for epoxy, or stain.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  3. Nov 25, 2020 at 1:10 PM
    Sig45

Sig45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 & 2021 Tundra SR5 DC 4x4
    AVS in-channel window visors Husky Mud Guards Husky Liners X-act Contour Floor Liners Cooper Discoverer AT3 LT- 265/75/16 C Toyota 16" Black TRD Trail Team Edition Wheels Truxedo Lo Pro Tonneau Cover OEM Bed mat OEM Running Boards Marathon custom fit seat covers Front window tint Rear Leaf Spring 4 Pack - TSB Front - 5100's with stock springs set at .85" Rear - 4600's
    I don't have epoxy on my garage floor, but I've done two. It's all about prep, prep, prep and following the directions.

DwightKSchrute[OP] likes this.
  4. Nov 25, 2020 at 1:14 PM
    RushT

RushT Amateur Everythingist

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    '18 DCSB TRDOR Inferno
    I've done it to 3 homes now. Buy a decent broom brush that you know you're going to throw away afterwards. Definitely do the bleach/acid wash and scrub, particularly if it's an existing older garage. Let it dry well. Decide if you're going to go up the side wall any (if you have concrete lip walls). The Big Box kits are 'just about right' for a 2 car garage. All mine have been 3 car garages so I buy two kits and can go a little heavy. I like sprinkles, you may not :)

They'll go 5 years or so before they start showing wear (in my experience). I haven't done any repairs so I have no idea how that goes. Do concrete repairs beforehand with some premix epoxy in a squeeze bottle if you have bigger chips or divots.

DwightKSchrute[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top