1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Equalizer settings

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Endurozw, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Oct 12, 2011 at 4:36 AM
    Endurozw

Endurozw [OP] War Damn Eagle!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DC SR5 w/ tow package
    Fold-a-cover G4 - Wranger Duratrac 265/75/16 Audio Upgrades: Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD / JL Audio HD600/4 amp / Hybrid Audio 6.5 Clarus up front / Arc Audio 10 in subwoofer
    Thanks for taking the time to write this post :) very informative! I'll try cutting back a bit to see how that changes things as well as lowering the LP filter down a bit to test that as well. In answer to a previous poster, the only way I can "turn off" the LP filter going to my amp channels for the Sub would be to move them off of the subwoofer preouts and then I would lose the ON/OFF control as well as the "gain" control in software. I think the biggest difference between my settings and others that I've seen is that I prefer the vocals to be prominent even in rock music, where others prefer the guitars / bass to be center stage, so I agree that not one equalizer setting would make everyone happy! I'll keep playing around with the settings, thanks again :D

2. Oct 12, 2011 at 6:50 AM
    Endurozw

Endurozw [OP] War Damn Eagle!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DC SR5 w/ tow package
    Fold-a-cover G4 - Wranger Duratrac 265/75/16 Audio Upgrades: Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD / JL Audio HD600/4 amp / Hybrid Audio 6.5 Clarus up front / Arc Audio 10 in subwoofer
    Alright so before I left for work I was playing around with some settings out of curiousity, so I set the EQ to flat, the subwoofer LPF to 80/100 Hz (played with both), and then upped the volume to see what was prominent and what needed to be turned down.

First impressions were that turning the LPF down a bit really quieted my truck down, as the sub was just putting out a lot of "sound" (obviously since more content is being sent to it) and that by turning it down to 100 Hz, I could hear the drums much more clearly but still have some bass vibration coming through. I'm undecided on 80 Hz as it makes it very hard to tell that the sub is there, but I'll keep playing around with it.

As far as the EQ being set flat and then modified I could instantly tell that I wanted the low end turned down as it was overpowering the rest of the music, and I could no longer hear the highs, so I tried adjusting 2.5-10kHz on up to get a "brighter" sound as I've heard it called. So far I'm the most pleased with just adjusting the LPF on the subwoofer because I didn't realize how much sound was coming out of it, to the point of almost giving me a headache when my windows were closed. I'll keep playing around with all of the settings and keep everyone updated.

3. Oct 14, 2011 at 1:21 PM
    dolbytone

dolbytone Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    When I set mine up I had a hard time getting control over 200Hz, it was spiking like a mofo so I had to turn it down the most. I don't know if that was a truck thing or a speaker thing though. For the LPF to the sub, I ultimately set it to 60Hz because anything above that and I could hear bass guitar parts moving forward and back between the door speakers and the subwoofer. I think at the time I was listening to that solo by Cliff Burton on Metallica's Kill 'Em All record. Super annoying.

4. Oct 14, 2011 at 3:37 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    this is how mine is set up. listen to a wide variety of music

2a9f01d3_80abb6ba345f955b26bb81e3bbd7b5ae92827944.jpg

5. Oct 14, 2011 at 5:49 PM
    pinktaco808

pinktaco808 Hot Steppa

Member:
    Is that the ipad 2 eq app?if not what is that from. Looks good btw. I miss the old dancing eg. Does anyone know where I can get one from? Ebay doesnt have any good ones.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Jan 9, 2023 at 1:13 PM
    drewmox

drewmox Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 3.4L Black DC
    SS3 Fogs, Bilstein 5100s, KC Cyclone 3rd brake, stock AF otherwise.
    Reviving an old thread. I went with these settings in my 2003 Double Cab with stock speakers.

88FB6ADE-9A14-459B-B167-DE28DCA6B63B.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top