1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

every seal leaking???

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by carl11, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Apr 15, 2009 at 7:30 AM

carl11 [OP] New Member

Apr 15, 2009
    ok guys, i just bought this 98 tacoma regular cab with 2.7 and 5 speed. everything was fine. took it out in the mud and now my outputshaft seal on my transfercase is leaking and both of my front cv axle seals to the diff are leaking. is this common? im not new to mud and i have never encountered a problem like this before. do these seals go out everytime you put your truck in the mud??? i cleaned the truck real good after going out and it took a week for everything to start leaking. i just dont want to have to replace these types of things everytime i want to get the truck a little dirty. any info would be appreciated

thanks in advance,
  2. Apr 15, 2009 at 4:58 PM

offroadTRD Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Dinwiddie County, Virginia
    2000 Tacoma V6 SR5 4x4 TRD- Fabtech
    Fabtech 3" adjustable coil-over system, Alcan 8-leaf spring pack, Fabtech 3" body lift.
    my buddy has a 98 2.7 4x4 that he takes through the mud. I think his rear end seal is leaking and MAYBE a couple of very small leaks on his engine but nothing serious right now. His truck is solid though other than that. I take mine through the mud just as much or more than he does and I have no leaks right now other than some grease coming out of my cv boots..... knock on wood.
To Top