1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Exact fit seat covers - anybody have them?

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by kingston73, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Jun 24, 2012 at 12:18 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    I'm looking at these:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/200744722291?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

and wanted to find out if anybody knows anything about them? I couldn't find any reviews anywhere and I know you get what you pay for but I really need new seat covers and don't have the money for wet okoles or similar.

Second question: do any of you have leatherette seat covers from any brand? How well do they hold up, especially compared with neoprene covers?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jun 24, 2012 at 6:13 PM
    amoomaw

amoomaw Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    moomaw
    central illinois
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport Black
    pioneer 4300dvd, subwoofer, axxes steering wheel controls, remote start, painted rims, stereo usb/ipod converter, tinted fog and tail lights, low profile window shades, tinted windows, low profile bed top, custom grillcraft grill, blacked out headlights+tint film, night shaded driving lights mounted under hood, night shaded 3rd brakelight, film tinted tail lights, aftermarket pop'n'lock tail gait lock, light switch added for off-road lights, headlight "eyebrows", remote start, hardwired radar detector, seat belt chime disabled, disabled drl, painted interior, custom leather seat covers.
    Wow, those ebay seat covers look horrible. Looks like something you could pick up at walmart for $10. Their are much better covers out there on ebay that fit the tacoma truck. Just keep looking.

3. Jun 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM
    MuleRider RN

MuleRider RN Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    12 PreRunner TRD
    Seriously, those look like garbage.

4. Jun 25, 2012 at 6:41 PM
    leveltwo

leveltwo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wet Okole, yes I know my statement is invalid.

Wet Okole.

5. Jun 25, 2012 at 10:24 PM
    Tandum

Tandum Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Fremont, california
    Vehicle:
    3" Leveled '06 4L prerunner
    JBA headers with a complete magnaflow custom exhaust out the sides, dever 10 pack leafs with Donahoe resivor shocks in the back, just spaced in the front until I can afford coil overs. Sits on 33" tires on MT wheels
    Thoes look terrible, get the TRD seat covers, they are sweet, I've had mine for 5 years, throw them in the washer once in a while, some fabric softner, truck looks good and smells great... Little hot in direct sunlight, but they are awesome! I ordered mine through the dealership

6. Jun 25, 2012 at 10:35 PM
    Pope953

Pope953 That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    Your statement is not invalid at all. OP if you really want seat covers then wet okole are the way to go. I know you said you cant afford them but trust me it would be silly to blow $80 on those from eBay when you can keep saving and be able to afford the wet okoles.

7. Jun 26, 2012 at 9:40 AM
    MuleRider RN

MuleRider RN Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    12 PreRunner TRD
    I got some el cheapos from auto zone ($30). I'm posting a review, they fit moderately well, the material is pretty thin so I don't see them lasting an extraordinarily long time. Its been said a million and one times, you get what you pay for.

Products Discussed in

To Top