1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Excalibur Alarm System

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 95SLE, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Aug 19, 2009 at 7:00 AM
    95SLE

95SLE [OP] Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Does anyone have an Excalibur remote entry or alarm system installed? I am trying to find out information on the brand and wanted to see if any Tacoma owners have one installed.

2. Aug 19, 2009 at 8:51 AM
    stang88

stang88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    they are cheap... i have had people ask me to install them. If you are wanting just an alarm to do basic alarm stuff and not worried about quality, then thats the alarm for you. quality wise is give it a 3 out of 10

3. Aug 19, 2009 at 11:47 AM
    95SLE

95SLE [OP] Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    That is what I was looking for. I think I will pass.

However I still need to have at a minimum keyless entry installed. Is the Viper basic keyless entry a decent platform?

I believe the 211-HV system is the Viper offering. Finding an install shop will be the challange.

4. Aug 19, 2009 at 2:13 PM
    stang88

stang88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    that is an excellent choice... i would give that a 10 as far as quality goes.

me.. i went all out and did a 2 way alarm/remote start system.

www.autopageusa.com model rs727. has been flawless for me.. no false alarms and very good range.

Products Discussed in

To Top