1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Excessive virbration when in 4x4 mode

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by andyspromise, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Oct 18, 2010 at 9:52 AM
    andyspromise

andyspromise [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Toronto
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport SR5 4x4
    I have a 2006 Tacoma, when in 2 wheel drive no issues, however when I put in 4 hi or 4 low when going slow like backing out of a driveway or pulling in, feels like the truck barely wants to move, jerks and shakes a bit (Almost like it is not in gear or something), seems to only happen when I'm going real slow and turning, to my knowledge everything on the truck is still stock (I picked it up used about 2 months ago) did not really notice until I went to the cottage and had to put it in 4x4 to get down an old muddy road one day, then I have been testing and noticed when going slow and turning it vibrates a lot or shakes like crazy, jerks etc.. before I took it in wanted to see if anyone else has expierenced this or what it may be as it drives fine in 2 only and also 4x4 ok if going stright and not to slow, but tryy to pull in or out of a driveway, not cool at all. Wanted to be prepared on what it might be before i take it in to get looked at and if anyone esle expierenced something similar.

2. Oct 18, 2010 at 9:54 AM
    achirdo

achirdo I Weld!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    North DFW
    Vehicle:
    06 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins
    is it doing this when you are on pavement only? or does it do it when you are offroad also?

Products Discussed in

To Top