1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Exhaust help and suggestions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Kansas_SR5, May 18, 2011.

1. May 18, 2011 at 6:27 PM
    Kansas_SR5

Kansas_SR5 [OP] Tacoma World is an addiction!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Sport Dbl Cab 6sp
    Tinted windows, TRD shift knob, DT Short Headers, WeatherTech FloorLiners, Sockmonkey decals, Blacked out emblems, Magnaflow muffler, 2008 Tail lights, Flat black door handles off an OR Tacoma, Toytec/5100 Coil-overs and AAL....more to come.
    I own a 2010 dbl cab sport 4x4. It has Doug Thorley short tube headers installed with factory exhaust. I thought about getting the TRD exhaust system but decided against it. So know im looking at either a cheaper exhaust system or an aftermarket muffler.
    Im leaning towards the muffler option. I want something with good sound through all RPMs but also something thats not going to be too loud in the cab. Will I see any performance out of a new muffler if any? Can you guys out there lend me some suggestions? Im stuck on what to go with?

2. May 20, 2011 at 8:03 AM
    Kansas_SR5

Kansas_SR5 [OP] Tacoma World is an addiction!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Sport Dbl Cab 6sp
    Tinted windows, TRD shift knob, DT Short Headers, WeatherTech FloorLiners, Sockmonkey decals, Blacked out emblems, Magnaflow muffler, 2008 Tail lights, Flat black door handles off an OR Tacoma, Toytec/5100 Coil-overs and AAL....more to come.
    Im thinking maybe flowmaster or magnaflow. Anyone got anyother sugestions. I just want to good sound when I step on it.

3. May 20, 2011 at 3:48 PM
    Sprink669

Sprink669 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have a 2010 DBL cab with the TRD exhaust. I like how it sounds and it "feels" or "sounds faster" The tip is rusted and I have only had it a year. I am thinking about painting it black with high temp paint. If you want cheap get a flowmaster or dyno max and get the sawzall out and have at it.

To Top