1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Exhaust help and suggestions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Kansas_SR5, May 18, 2011.

1. May 18, 2011 at 6:27 PM
    Kansas_SR5

Kansas_SR5 [OP] Tacoma World is an addiction!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2020 offroad Dbl Cab SB 6sp
    I own a 2010 dbl cab sport 4x4. It has Doug Thorley short tube headers installed with factory exhaust. I thought about getting the TRD exhaust system but decided against it. So know im looking at either a cheaper exhaust system or an aftermarket muffler.
    Im leaning towards the muffler option. I want something with good sound through all RPMs but also something thats not going to be too loud in the cab. Will I see any performance out of a new muffler if any? Can you guys out there lend me some suggestions? Im stuck on what to go with?

2. May 20, 2011 at 8:03 AM
    Kansas_SR5

Kansas_SR5 [OP] Tacoma World is an addiction!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2020 offroad Dbl Cab SB 6sp
    Im thinking maybe flowmaster or magnaflow. Anyone got anyother sugestions. I just want to good sound when I step on it.

3. May 20, 2011 at 3:48 PM
    Sprink669

Sprink669 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have a 2010 DBL cab with the TRD exhaust. I like how it sounds and it "feels" or "sounds faster" The tip is rusted and I have only had it a year. I am thinking about painting it black with high temp paint. If you want cheap get a flowmaster or dyno max and get the sawzall out and have at it.

Products Discussed in

To Top