1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Exhaust - MPG & HP Explained

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by XrunnIT, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Aug 12, 2009 at 1:08 AM

MRCapps Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    First Name:
    M.R. Capps
    Arnold Land
    OK!!! This is getting way too technical for me:confused:! Here is my question: If i get a S/C and headers and want a good deep rumble (growl whatever you want to call it) without all the spatty sounds of a 4 inch exhaust pipe on a Z-71 and with the dual exhaust (or just the look) with gains in efficientness (wd?) within the mid to med-high range, what kind of set up should I go for? I plan on taking my truck on pretty long trips soon and want good cruising paower without giving up too much in town!?!? Any ideas? Sorry i cant contribute to the teaching lesson at hand!
  2. Aug 22, 2009 at 7:13 PM

archerytarget BTHOB

Dec 26, 2007
    College Station, TX
    01 PreRunner SR5
    Brush guard, KC HiLites SlimLites, Chrome tube side steps, Deck plate mod, Cobra 19 Ultra III, 2' cb antenna, Painted black stock wheels, TSC toolbox, Sprayed-on bedliner, Trailer hitch, Homemade headache rack with rear lights, spidertrax spacers, 3" OME coilover lift
    would a flowmaster series 60 be effective on my '01 prerunner? a lot of this information is over my head and i just wanted to ask. the muffler is off a friends silverado 1500 and i want to put it on my truck..
To Top