1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Exhaust - MPG & HP Explained

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by XrunnIT, Aug 7, 2009.

1. MRCapps

MRCapps Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    M.R. Capps
    Arnold Land
    OK!!! This is getting way too technical for me:confused:! Here is my question: If i get a S/C and headers and want a good deep rumble (growl whatever you want to call it) without all the spatty sounds of a 4 inch exhaust pipe on a Z-71 and with the dual exhaust (or just the look) with gains in efficientness (wd?) within the mid to med-high range, what kind of set up should I go for? I plan on taking my truck on pretty long trips soon and want good cruising paower without giving up too much in town!?!? Any ideas? Sorry i cant contribute to the teaching lesson at hand!

2. archerytarget

archerytarget BTHOB

Member:
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    01 PreRunner SR5
    Brush guard, KC HiLites SlimLites, Chrome tube side steps, Deck plate mod, Cobra 19 Ultra III, 2' cb antenna, Painted black stock wheels, TSC toolbox, Sprayed-on bedliner, Trailer hitch, Homemade headache rack with rear lights, spidertrax spacers, 3" OME coilover lift
    would a flowmaster series 60 be effective on my '01 prerunner? a lot of this information is over my head and i just wanted to ask. the muffler is off a friends silverado 1500 and i want to put it on my truck..

To Top