1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

exhaust problems

Discussion in 'New Members' started by tantaco1995, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Sep 4, 2013 at 12:52 AM
    tantaco1995

tantaco1995 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1995 4x4 DLX
    Bilstein 2.5 inch adjustable struts, 1 inch daystar body lift, All Pro upper Control Arms, and moog lower ball joint, 1 inch diff drop Flowmaster super 44 Throttle Body space K&N intake Maxxis Bighorn 33x12.5x15 Custom Sliders, Custom Back bumper, and relentless Fab DIY front bumper, Custom high Lift Jack mount and Spare tire mount
    So I have a flowmaster super 10 there is no piping after the mufler. This is my 3rd muffler and all of them get raspy at 3 thousand rm. Ans I was wondering if anyone has had that problem and would like to know how to fix it. It just sounds crappy and not clean. Maybe exhaust leaks?

2. Sep 4, 2013 at 2:43 AM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Here for the Taco Pron

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    South Central Pee A
    Vehicle:
    2005 PIMP MOBILE
    Yes
    You have a Flowmaster 10 series, it's a loud raspy muffler. I have the same and use a resonated exhaust tip to tone mine down. You could also try a resonator before the muffler and see if that helps.

3. Sep 4, 2013 at 2:03 PM
    tantaco1995

tantaco1995 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1995 4x4 DLX
    Bilstein 2.5 inch adjustable struts, 1 inch daystar body lift, All Pro upper Control Arms, and moog lower ball joint, 1 inch diff drop Flowmaster super 44 Throttle Body space K&N intake Maxxis Bighorn 33x12.5x15 Custom Sliders, Custom Back bumper, and relentless Fab DIY front bumper, Custom high Lift Jack mount and Spare tire mount
    That makes sense. But also my friend has a 2000 Tacoma and his exhaust comes all the way out behind the tire and its not raspy at all. I will try to save some extra money to get a resonator though thank you.

Products Discussed in

To Top