1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

exhaust

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by maui808, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Sep 2, 2010 at 11:49 AM
    maui808

maui808 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Maui
    Vehicle:
    09 sport
    i got a question if you make your exhaust dumped down like a down pipe instead of it comming out thru the side of your truck will it make it louder in the cab? and louder all around? or its not a big difference? let me kno thanks

2. Sep 2, 2010 at 12:17 PM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    my dump style on my '72 Ford Bronco and previously owned '94 Toyota Hard Body were louder all around including in the cab...the bed tends to resonate the sound making it a little louder than normal...which I like...

but you can settle the loudness down by adding a secondary muffler...:D as long as you dump the exhaust after the cab of the truck its legal...

3. Sep 2, 2010 at 3:40 PM
    maui808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Maui
    Vehicle:
    09 sport
    if i dumb it by the spare tire is that good enough? is it really loud because i purchased a magnflow exhaust and im thinking of dumping it by the spare tire?

4. Sep 2, 2010 at 5:26 PM
    T0LLPHR33

Member:
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    don't dump it to close to the spare it may get hot enough to the point of melting the rubber...

most people when doing dump setups tuck the exhaust piping as high up to the body/frame that way it doesn't get hung up when wheeling...they also dump it before or right after the rear axle that way the the rear end that way it doesn't get hung up when the rear end is articulating over obstacles...

5. Sep 3, 2010 at 2:17 AM
    maui808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Maui
    Vehicle:
    09 sport
    oh ok thanks for the info gunna do that

6. Sep 3, 2010 at 6:33 AM
    T0LLPHR33

Member:
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    ^no problems boolay...hit me up if you ever need info...:D

Products Discussed in

To Top