1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Exhausts

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacoma-uzi, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Oct 13, 2009 at 11:35 AM
    tacoma-uzi

tacoma-uzi [OP] New Member

Member:
    Cypress,TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    none yet :( but hopefully soon
    I have a 09 prerunner V6. I was wondering what is the best and loudest exhaust i can get with out getting my check engine light turn on. I dont know if thats true but i heard that some exhaust do that.

whats the loudest but not ricey more like a roar? i heard flowmasters sound the best on tacomas

2. Oct 13, 2009 at 2:36 PM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    There is no O2 sensor or any other emission control equipment past the flange where a cat-back would mount up so you don't need to worry about a CEL.

I found out yesterday that even with the stock exhaust completely removed the truck isn't terribly loud. I guess the 4 cats do a good job of soaking up noise.

I just put an MBRP on mine '09 Prerunner and it sounds pretty good. Its not loud by any means though. The Flowmaster 50 Series Deltaflow I had on my '00 Frontier was louder.

3. Oct 13, 2009 at 3:03 PM
    crawlergirl

crawlergirl Well-Known Member

Member:
    Be careful what you wish for. A loud exhaust can become annoying to the driver very quickly. I'm running DT long tubes, Magnaflow cat-back and KN CAI and my rig is loud as hell. I really can't stand it sometimes. I dynamated the ENTIRE cab and it made everything quieter EXCEPT the exhaust which actually makes it seem louder. This set up does require that you remove 2 of your cats and you will pop a code unless you install a simulator. I'm using the URD sim - cheap, easy to install and it has performed flawlessly. If you're looking to mod for performance that's one thing, but I can't understand why boys always want to make their rides louder just to make them louder. It's your truck. Do what you want to do. This set up is definitely LOUD.

4. Oct 13, 2009 at 3:06 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Scaffolding and a painted grill
    Gibson advertises themselves as the quietest in-cab exhaust system. I have it on my truck and it has a nice rumble to it on the outside without any annoying reverberations inside.

5. Oct 13, 2009 at 3:08 PM
    crawlergirl

crawlergirl Well-Known Member

Member:

Products Discussed in

To Top