1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

experience with the hella 500 offroad lights?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by garrettski, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Apr 16, 2009 at 9:16 AM
    garrettski

garrettski [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Truckee CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 2 ten in JL, 5100s, flowmaster 40.
    BFG allterrains, 2 ten inch JL w3,alpine v power amp,alpine cda-9886, bilstein 5100, flowmaster 40.
    me and my buddy mounted everything up, and tryed to bypass the feature that only allows the lights on with the brights of the truck on. i dont want to splice my normal headlights, has anyone done this before?
    thanx.

2. Apr 16, 2009 at 9:34 AM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    I'm no expert, but if you wire them straight into the battery you could use them whenever. I might add an inline fuse too. That's how I'd do it.

3. Apr 16, 2009 at 9:37 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Agree with above, if the switch is a lighted type, you need to find a power source that turns off with the key. Or it will stay on all the time.

I went ahead and added a extra fuse block and a large in-line fuse. And with all of this I still needed help from a members here

I splice into the parking lights..........idea from Dark Knight

4. Apr 18, 2009 at 6:44 AM
    jward2331

jward2331 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Fleming Island, Fl
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRunner SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged, tinted windows, upper/lower Grillcraft (horns relocated), Hella 500's with HID Mod (55W 5000) behind grill, shorty antenna, WeatherTech side window deflectors, suspension TSB, Westin Signature Nerf bars, JVC KD A-615 Head Unit with Sirius Direct tuner, Blacked out headlights, DTDL Mod (Switch for on/off), Hard Wired GPS, NOKYA Arctic Hyper Yellow Fog lights, Fog lights on anytime Mod, Michelin LTX M/S2 (P265/65R17), Powder coated OEM wheels. LED ANZO tail lights, Weather Tech FloorLiners.
    I tapped into the main fuse panel to an unused fuse slot (around the middle, don't have pics right now) with a "add a circuit" you can get at local auto parts place. My lights come on anytime which I prefer, I just have to make sure they aren't left on.

Products Discussed in

To Top