1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Expired Temp tags Help!!!

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by C O R E, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Apr 30, 2013 at 10:39 AM
    C O R E

C O R E [OP] Christian Off Road Engineering

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD 4x4 5spd v6
    Line-X bedliner, bedlined toolbox, Satoshi Grille, bedlined stock old school wheels, Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS head unit, Deck plate mod, ISR mod, K&N Drop-in, Thrush muffler dumped @ rear axle, Grey wire mod, +5mph fender stripes
    Dear TW LEO's please help me on this one, I bought my truck on 2-8-13 and my dealership still has not gotten me plates yet. I call them every day and have been for the past month. I called them before my first set of paper tags expired and they assured me I would have new ones, well the day came and then they just changed the date of sale on the temp tags to generate another 45 day temp tag which HAS TO BE illegal right?

Am I rolling the dice on getting screwed here? Or if it comes down to a huge ticket do I have good ground to stand on to make them pay for it? My finance company is dealing with them right now because they still havent even gotten the title... do you guys think there may be a bigger title problem here not just extreme laziness and aggressive uninterest?

Thanks in advance for your expert advice.

2. Apr 30, 2013 at 2:56 PM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    sounds like dealer dropped the ball. Stay on them I'm sure the LEO's will understand. However stay on them. As for the sale date I have no clue if it illegal or not.

3. Apr 30, 2013 at 2:58 PM
    SoCaltaco65

SoCaltaco65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB 4x4 Offroad TRD
    Harbor Freight 110v welder garage fab parts.
  4. Apr 30, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    it sounds like there may be a problem with the financing

5. Apr 30, 2013 at 8:37 PM
    Maticuno

Maticuno Weapon Mechanic

Member:
    California High Deserts
    Vehicle:
    08 DCLB Sport
    Pioneer AVIC-D3, SWI-PS, Sirius Satellite Radio, 2X In-Cab 110V Outlets, Constant Fog Light Mod, Inverter Always 400W Mod, Anti-Pack-Rat-In-Intake Mod, Eibachs on 5100's, 2" Toytec AAL, B.A.M.F Rear Diff Skid, 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires
    I'm not familiar with the way Texas works, but here in California the plates come from the DMV, not the dealer. And right now with budget cuts and employee furloughs, the plates are taking an exceptionally long time to get sent out when you buy a new vehicle.

6. Apr 30, 2013 at 8:40 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Not just state.
    My 03FFL arrived 15 days after it expired.
    I mailed the renewal the day it arrived and they cashed the check 45 days before I received the license.

7. May 3, 2013 at 5:20 AM
    C O R E

C O R E [OP] Christian Off Road Engineering

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD 4x4 5spd v6
    Line-X bedliner, bedlined toolbox, Satoshi Grille, bedlined stock old school wheels, Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS head unit, Deck plate mod, ISR mod, K&N Drop-in, Thrush muffler dumped @ rear axle, Grey wire mod, +5mph fender stripes
    Well, I have the finance company working as my Ally. They have already gotten 2 payments from me and they grilled the dealership pretty hard the other day with me on conference and apparently they had the plates already sitting on the secretary's desk for over a month! They claimed to not have sent them because they thought I would make another trip to Austin to pick them up..... Geez talk about some brilliant geniuses over there.

To Top