1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Exploring New England's natural beauty - The waterfall tour/camping trip extravaganza! June 22- 24

Discussion in 'North East' started by mach1man001, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Oct 4, 2017 at 9:27 PM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 [OP] eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Hello everybody, I was inspired and came up with this idea a few days ago by a post that Nick @Blais03 put in the NE BS thread. Nicks post was of a camping trip that he had made this year in which one of his pictures was of a beautiful waterfall. So my idea/plan is to make a exploration trip in which we visit 2 to 3 waterfalls a day for a long weekend when the schools get out for the summer in the end of June 2018.

Nick's inspirational picture
    [​IMG]

I'm still working out the logistics on the exact locations. Like I said before, I want to make this so we can see 2 to 3 waterfalls a day for a 3 day weekend with camping on Fri and Sat night. I figure this is a great way to get together with other local TW'ers who enjoy the outdoors plus the camping together is inspired to me by how people from TW get together from other parts of the country. Lastly I am starting this now so that anyone who is interested can have/make time to join in as well as give input for the planning of this trip

I will be continuously updating this post as needed and post # 2 will be for the actual details/route of the trip

EDIT; The date for the trip is June 22nd-24th

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    qcarr, TXpro4X4, Leathermatt and 14 others like this.
  2. Oct 4, 2017 at 9:27 PM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Wow guys I am just blow away with the responses so far of this idea and I only hope this trip lives up to everybody's expectations. I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone right from the start.

OK so here are some teaser plans as of right now. The planned times for each location will be finalized and available soon so this post may be changed as needed, please keep checking on it.. I want to give the times we plan to arrive at each spot so the people that want/need to meet up can plan to do so at whatever location we are going to be at, at whatever time is convenient for them.

On our 1st day I plan to visit 4 waterfalls with most of them having a very easy hike to them. The meeting place for those that want to caravan the trip will be at the Visitors Center at Quechee Gorge, V.T. across the street from the Quality Inn @ 9:30 am. There is nice view of the Gorge from a nearby bridge and it's a short hike to the gorge from the Visitors Center so if you want to hike the trail please plan accordingly and get there early.

I booked the night before the tour at the Quality Inn in Quechee as the meeting location is right across the street. If anyone else wants to do the same below is the information

Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge
    5817 Woodstock Rd.,
    Quechee, VT, US, 05059
    +1 (802) 295-7600

The 1st destination of the day will be the Moss Glen Falls in Granville, VT. From there we will be going to Bartlett Falls in Bristol, VT which has a huge pool at the base of it so anyone that wants to swim in the crisp water bring your bathing suites! 3rd stop will be at the Ben & Jerrys factory for a short tour and treat. The 4th stop will be Moss Glen Falls (yes the same name as the 1st one but a different place) in Stowe VT and lastly to Bingham Falls also in Stowe VT. The end of the day will end up being camping @ Brewster River Campground.

Because I was not exactly sure on the number of people that will be going the owner of the campground is going to be taking payment the day of. Just so that everyone knows he does not have a CC system on site so please bring $5 cash per person for the amount of people that is saying with you for the night and also for any firewood that you might want to buy

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  3. Oct 4, 2017 at 9:27 PM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    List of participants

@mach1man001 + 3 camping
    @Subway4X4
    @jpereira2 Maybe
    @Blais03 + 1 camping
    @thepinktaco + 3 camping
    @Rexfordian13 - Tentative
    @Bruce988jl camping
    @fatfurious2 + his pretend cat camping
    @Urineovrurhead camping (I assume)
    @uurx +1 camping (I assume)
    @Noelie84 +1 Tentative
    @SlashMTB10 + 1 camping
    @m603holden + 1
    @steele-taco Maybe
    @Grand dude
    @Urineovrurhead + 1 camping
    @Spare Parts + 3 camping
    @Rexfordian13 + 2 camping
    @vssman + 1 maybe
    @Darth_Yota camping
    @pmstoy10 +2 camping
    @NorthEastTacoma +1 camping
    @bajatacoguy + 1 camping
    @WSW3
    @WinSlow939 camping
    @Constant K camping
    @MurderedTacoV2 +1 camping
    @TRDSPORT1990
    @jjsul camping

Last edited: May 18, 2018 at 2:19 AM
  4. Oct 4, 2017 at 9:33 PM
    BananaPeelOut

BananaPeelOut Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2005 silver access cab TRD Off-Road
    Kenwood Headunit, CB radio setup, wind deflectors.
    Mine!

Just kidding Rob you can have this post too if you really need it

Blais03, jjsul and mach1man001 [OP] like this.
  5. Oct 5, 2017 at 2:54 AM
    DrFunker

DrFunker "Professional" beer drinker

Member:
    Prisoner of the little people circus
  6. Oct 5, 2017 at 2:57 AM
    DrFunker

Member:
    hmmmm....maybe we can get a GB going for pith helmets for this tour. :rolleyes:

7. Oct 5, 2017 at 3:52 AM
    SlashMTB10

SlashMTB10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Southeast, CT
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma DBL LB
    ICON Stage 4 w/ Tubular Upper Control Arms, pro comp wheels w/ bfgoodrich all terrain ko2's 285/70r/17, Pelfreybilt steel plate bumper, softtopper,
    Sounds like a good time. I'm interested!

Jim-as-Bruce-Nolan-jim-carrey-1112307_500_281.jpg

8. Oct 5, 2017 at 3:55 AM
    DoubleRGirl

DoubleRGirl Hello Kitty Edition

Member:
    First Name:
    Rebecca
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD Sport 6speed
    Sooooo we have to camp? No hotel option?

bajatacoguy and Jcyr like this.
  9. Oct 5, 2017 at 3:56 AM
    thepinktaco

thepinktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange, MA
    Vehicle:
    95 SAS Tacoma, 96 4runner, 16 Tacoma.
    ExploringNH has some of their expedition routes listed for sale. Wanted to do the trans nh one at some point but this year got too busy.

10. Oct 5, 2017 at 4:20 AM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Lol, when I typed that last night I thought about you too (not creepy, just that I remember you saying you don't camp). We should have an exact route by the time it comes so if anybody wants to book a room they will know what area to look in.
    With that said, the camping part is much more than sleeping in a tent/RTT/whatever. There is cooking (some people really make awesome food!) and campfires with plenty of drinking and hanging around telling stories with friends. I am looking forward to the camping as much as I am looking forward to the waterfalls!!!
    I hadn't thought of ENH for this trip, I'll look into it thanks. There are also a few other websites that I already found that I will be using as resources as well

bski22, Nicetacobro and micwillia like this.
  11. Oct 5, 2017 at 4:21 AM
    DoubleRGirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Rebecca
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    I'm cool with hanging out, I just need a shower and a bed haha

Jcyr, jpereira2 and mach1man001 [OP] like this.
  12. Oct 5, 2017 at 4:44 AM
    jpereira2

jpereira2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2013 double cab trd off road
    Bilstein 6112 4th notch Bilstein 5160 rear Camburg ball joint UCAs Old man emu dakar leafs 265/75R16 Cooper ST Maxx Crux stereo a/v interface UltraGauge ARE fiberglass cap Wet okole seat covers Retro fit source Led fog lights Superbrightled pods in rear bumper Superbrightled light bar in grill Rock blokz mud flaps SOS Rock Sliders RCI Skid Plates (to be painted and mounted)
    If we're near campgrounds I may bring the trailer

gmann1972 and mach1man001 [OP] like this.
  13. Oct 5, 2017 at 4:45 AM
    replica9000

replica9000 Professional TW participant

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
    Vehicle:
    2008 Skewpless Sport MT V6 AC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Oct 5, 2017 at 4:57 AM
    DoubleRGirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Rebecca
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    Yeahhhh no

15. Oct 5, 2017 at 5:04 AM
    jpereira2

jpereira2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2013 double cab trd off road
    Bilstein 6112 4th notch Bilstein 5160 rear Camburg ball joint UCAs Old man emu dakar leafs 265/75R16 Cooper ST Maxx Crux stereo a/v interface UltraGauge ARE fiberglass cap Wet okole seat covers Retro fit source Led fog lights Superbrightled pods in rear bumper Superbrightled light bar in grill Rock blokz mud flaps SOS Rock Sliders RCI Skid Plates (to be painted and mounted)
    Stay in the trailer? You're small enough for one of the double bunks lol

16. Oct 5, 2017 at 5:07 AM
    Blais03

Blais03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Easthampton Mass
    Vehicle:
    '08 Reg. Cab 4WD 5-speed
    265/75/R16 Good Year Wrangler Duratrac tires 16" Procomp wheels 1" Toytec body lift Pioneer 7 inch touchscreen headunit Back-up camera Kicker 10 Inch subwoofer Kicker amp Kicker door speakers Orange LED ambient lightning Orange LED dome light Sylvania LED license plate lights Sylvania LED corner lights Sylvania LED reverse lights 20% tint Hurst pistol grip shifter UnderCover Classic Hard Tonneau Cover Mag light holder ABS after market grille SPEC-D black headlights OPT-7 LED headlight bulbs AVS Vent shades Husky floor liners Radar detector (removed) CBI off-road ditch light brackets with LED side shooter ditch lights Curt class 3 hitch 10,000 pound rated recovery hook Kenwood 6.5" marine speakers in bed pockets Diff Breather Relocation Mod Oznium flush mount led bed lights Mobtown tailgate skin and cap DEPO black tail lights Napier Back roads truck tent Truckbedz air mattress Oznium flush mount led puddle lights 28" OPT7 Light bar mounted behind lower grille DIY Viair OBA set up with front and rear outlets Rigid Industries fog light mounts with OPT7 pods OEM Toyota Bed Mat Crime stopper one button remote start Blue Sea Fuse Block with circuit breakers on custom mount Oznium Scion lights switches Custom made splash guards by cnote4l Bucket seats form '08 AC Center console from '08 AC Crime stopper heated seats Behind seat storage bins from double cab Relentless Fabrication bed bars w/ kayak racks 12v outlet in bed SOS Concepts bolt on sliders RAM mount on A-pillar Bilstein 5100's Toytec HD springs KYB top plates Wheeler's extended top plate studs Wheeler's 3/8 poly top plate spacer Wheeler's 2" AAL Wheeler's U bolts Wheeler's UCA hardware KO Offroad front bumper KO Offroad rear bumper Flush mount LED lights in rear bumper All-pro high clearance hitch receiver Pilot Roll Pan license plate flip kit Freedom Offroad upper control arms Tuffy Flip-Up License Plate Holder for the front hawse Dorman front license plate bracket sway bar delete kit Coverking genuine neoprene seat covers Cruise control Intermittent wipers
    [​IMG] Im ready.

17. Oct 5, 2017 at 5:13 AM
    Blais03

Blais03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Easthampton Mass
    Vehicle:
    '08 Reg. Cab 4WD 5-speed
    265/75/R16 Good Year Wrangler Duratrac tires 16" Procomp wheels 1" Toytec body lift Pioneer 7 inch touchscreen headunit Back-up camera Kicker 10 Inch subwoofer Kicker amp Kicker door speakers Orange LED ambient lightning Orange LED dome light Sylvania LED license plate lights Sylvania LED corner lights Sylvania LED reverse lights 20% tint Hurst pistol grip shifter UnderCover Classic Hard Tonneau Cover Mag light holder ABS after market grille SPEC-D black headlights OPT-7 LED headlight bulbs AVS Vent shades Husky floor liners Radar detector (removed) CBI off-road ditch light brackets with LED side shooter ditch lights Curt class 3 hitch 10,000 pound rated recovery hook Kenwood 6.5" marine speakers in bed pockets Diff Breather Relocation Mod Oznium flush mount led bed lights Mobtown tailgate skin and cap DEPO black tail lights Napier Back roads truck tent Truckbedz air mattress Oznium flush mount led puddle lights 28" OPT7 Light bar mounted behind lower grille DIY Viair OBA set up with front and rear outlets Rigid Industries fog light mounts with OPT7 pods OEM Toyota Bed Mat Crime stopper one button remote start Blue Sea Fuse Block with circuit breakers on custom mount Oznium Scion lights switches Custom made splash guards by cnote4l Bucket seats form '08 AC Center console from '08 AC Crime stopper heated seats Behind seat storage bins from double cab Relentless Fabrication bed bars w/ kayak racks 12v outlet in bed SOS Concepts bolt on sliders RAM mount on A-pillar Bilstein 5100's Toytec HD springs KYB top plates Wheeler's extended top plate studs Wheeler's 3/8 poly top plate spacer Wheeler's 2" AAL Wheeler's U bolts Wheeler's UCA hardware KO Offroad front bumper KO Offroad rear bumper Flush mount LED lights in rear bumper All-pro high clearance hitch receiver Pilot Roll Pan license plate flip kit Freedom Offroad upper control arms Tuffy Flip-Up License Plate Holder for the front hawse Dorman front license plate bracket sway bar delete kit Coverking genuine neoprene seat covers Cruise control Intermittent wipers
  18. Oct 5, 2017 at 5:25 AM
    DoubleRGirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Rebecca
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    That's a negative. I might be able to swing one night, but that's it

jpereira2 likes this.
  19. Oct 5, 2017 at 5:50 AM
    DrFunker

Member:
    Or the dirtbag shower
    [​IMG]
    :D

20. Oct 5, 2017 at 5:57 AM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Looks fine
    Why? This looks good to me!

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top