1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Extended Front Brake Lines for 3" Toytec ULK?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by elk340, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Jan 1, 2012 at 12:04 PM
    elk340

elk340 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Toytec ULK; OME Dakar leaf packs; Light Racing UCAs; OME carrier bearing drop; Toytec 3 degree axle shims; Toytec sway bar relocate kit; Toytec extended rear brake lines; ARE CX topper; BAMF rear differential skid; BAMF LCA skids; BAMF sliders; Budbuilt IFS, mid, transmission, and gas tank skids; HomerTaco mesh; River Rat 69 satoshi grille; Toyota Land Cruiser radiator grille emblem; tinted windows; Toyota all-weather floor mats; Toyota bedmat; I-Pod interface; block heater; ATO hi-lift bed rail mounts; HL-605 Hi-Lift; RotoPax 4-gallon gas can and bed rail mounts; mattgecko sliding window security bar; Sockmonkey decals.
    Hey guys,
    I spent a few hours researching this topic and found little to no information on whether extended front brake lines are required for a 3" Toytec ULK lift on a 2011 (2nd gen) Taco.

I'm guessing they are not because otherwise, there would have been more posts on the subject. I purchased extended rear brake lines to go with a Toytec ULK/Dakar lift. However, after doing a search on here I came to the conclusion that they are actually not required for a 3" lift. Unfortunately, I didn't find much on the front extended brake lines for this size lift. Most people who have them, seem to have bigger lifts.

Thank you for your help,
    Justin

2. Jan 1, 2012 at 12:05 PM
    tacomtn

tacomtn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR,OME,Deaver AAL
    Myself and many others have the same exact setup. Ext. lines are not necessary.

3. Jan 1, 2012 at 12:43 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    You are more likely to rip out the ABS sensor wires than the brake lines.

4. Jan 2, 2012 at 7:00 AM
    elk340

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Toytec ULK; OME Dakar leaf packs; Light Racing UCAs; OME carrier bearing drop; Toytec 3 degree axle shims; Toytec sway bar relocate kit; Toytec extended rear brake lines; ARE CX topper; BAMF rear differential skid; BAMF LCA skids; BAMF sliders; Budbuilt IFS, mid, transmission, and gas tank skids; HomerTaco mesh; River Rat 69 satoshi grille; Toyota Land Cruiser radiator grille emblem; tinted windows; Toyota all-weather floor mats; Toyota bedmat; I-Pod interface; block heater; ATO hi-lift bed rail mounts; HL-605 Hi-Lift; RotoPax 4-gallon gas can and bed rail mounts; mattgecko sliding window security bar; Sockmonkey decals.
    Thanks guys for the quick responses! I will disregard the front lines then and will just install the rear since I already have them.

Justin

5. Jan 2, 2012 at 7:04 AM
    TacoFMS

TacoFMS Bubble bubble bubble pop

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Just another grocery getter
    One or two things modded... Check out the build
    its still a good idea to upgrade your front lines to a set of stainless, granted they dont have to be extended but regular replacement length will help with braking and will keep the factory balanced feel in braking since you are putting stainless lines on the rear. once again not saying its a must but def something you may want to check into.

6. Jan 3, 2012 at 6:24 PM
    elk340

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Interesting, I didn't even think about complications from having statinless steel in the rear and the OEM rubber in the front. Thanks for the heads-up!

To Top