1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Extended Warranties

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by TacOffRoad11, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Lwolf777

Lwolf777 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pj
    Brooklyn
    Vehicle:
    Dbl cab. SR5, Barcelona red
    If you do plan on getting one from Toyota shop around, my dealer almostbgot me with this one a 7 yr 100k for 2300 bucks almost did it.told me it was 3100 bucks but being I bought a new truck they gave me a "discount", Last minute I opted out they were obviously pissed, long story short got the same warranty for 890 bucks from a Toyota dealer in Massachusetts. I went back to my dealer and showed them they said it's impossible. Had the paperwork, etc

2. mike h

mike h New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    central pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    08 DCSBSC
    pretty much bone stock.
    I bought the comprehensive extended warranty from Toyota (not third party) on my Taco. It was about $1200 if I recall correctly, it was a 2008 taco with 8,000 miles (Certified Used Toyota) I bought in 2012. Goes out 5 years and 100k miles. I hope I never need it, certainly. I wasn't too concerned about the extra money.

I had a Subaru that was plagued with expensive AC issues, and that was what sort of pushed me towards it. I had a similar warranty on a Nissan that was not thru Nissan, it was third party, and it never covered anything that failed, so I am skeptical of these. The Nissan dealer screwed me on that one. Hoping that I never need the Toyota warranty, but fairly confident that if I do, being a Toyota Certified Extended Warranty, it will cover whatever oddities may occur.

If money is tight I'd say don't get it. If you flip your vehicle every few years don't get it. I'll take the Taco past 100k miles/5 years so I figured I'd go for it.

3. ChiveOn

ChiveOn City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    A BC Boy in Calgary
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 6spd
    Plasti-Dipped Emblems, Tonnopro Tri-fold toneau cover (for winter use only), AVS in-channel visors, Ultra Gauge, Tepui Kukenam RTT, Muteki Trail Hog 285/70/17, Pop N' Lock, Bilstein 5100's in the front set at .85 with Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100's in the rear with a Toytec AAL. Toytec drivers side spacers, Toytec diff drop kit. All Pro u-bolt flip kit, TJM Compressor (permanently mounted), Custom rack for the RTT over the bed, Tepui Kukenam RTT, Toyota Bed Mat, Cobra 75 WX ST CB Radio, and a lot of gear behind the seats.
    I bought the 6 year 160Km warranty from Toyota just for the peice of mind. I think in total it was only $1,500.

My Dad put the same warranty on his Fj Cruiser when he bought it and it saved him as both front wheel bearings went last year.

Essentially when you buy a warranty you are betting something will go wrong and Toyota (manufacturer) is saying nothing will go wrong in the selected time or mileage.

Undercoat on the other hand is a total rip off IMO.

4. DoorDing

DoorDing Thank you, Nancy Roman

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    BudBuilt aluminum skid plates, Famous Fabrication Rock Sliders, Softopper bed cover, see Build Thread for more
  5. Lwolf777

Lwolf777 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pj
    Brooklyn
    Vehicle:
    Dbl cab. SR5, Barcelona red
    So effing true, they did it to me as well, with the warranty. Back n forth wait sir "me" it's usually 3100 bucks, let me speakmto my boss... 5 minutes later ok he usually don't do this but he knocked off 700 bucks. If u decide to get it after sale, will be 3100.

To Top