1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

extremly mad about TSB

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ClemsonTacoma, May 28, 2009.

1. May 29, 2009 at 7:49 AM
    goride

goride Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    22 4dr lb white off-road
    Tint, sliders, puddle pods, on my way to more….
    It,s a f@$kin truck not a car for every one that wants a soft supple ride go buy a car,if you want a truck that rides supplke change it your self a truck is meantto haul things, when you buy a 25000 to 30000 thousand dollar truck and cant haul the weight they claim without bottoming out thats sub par IMO,then they put a little yellow sticker that says the truck cant haul as much weight is bullshit.(dont get me wrong I love my toyota)

2. May 29, 2009 at 7:53 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Not wanting the TSB done could be from lack of knowledge that it even exists. People could think it's just normal, that that's what the truck is "supposed" to do. I used to...

I didn't know about it until I found this site and TN. I drove to Yuma AZ and back on the bump stops... I knew the back was sitting WAY LOW, but really didn't think about how it was sitting. It's a truck and it has stuff in the bed. Didn't think about the load capacity, what it should be. We're only talking 300 lbs tops.

I knew that as I was loading luggage, I didn't have to lift the stuff as high to put it in.

After my recent trip, it happened again and I have the TSB printed out and am heading to the stealership in a little while to request to have it done.

3. May 29, 2009 at 7:54 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Here is your logic in reverse: You want a truck go buy a 3500 series dually. That's a real truck. 6.something liter turbo diesel...A bagillion lbs of capacity. Tow whole houses.

Not everyone who buys a truck is looking for the same thing you want. Just like you probably didn't want a 25 foot long 6K lbs truck.

Not happy with your ride?? Go..Talk to the dealer...Get the TSB...and VOILA- Your truck will most likely live up to it's cargo capacity. (Without further cost to you) and the folks who DO like the ride can continue to drive their "subpar" trucks and not be bothered at all.

4. May 29, 2009 at 8:15 AM
    goride

goride Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    22 4dr lb white off-road
    Sorry thats not a logical answer I thought I was buying a truck,according to your reply I guess all of our toyotas are not real trucks.I dont want to haul houses,I just want to be able to haul a reasonable load.After all I do believe thatI bought a real truck at least I think so. All with a grain of salt!

5. May 29, 2009 at 8:18 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    You lumped everyone who bought the truck but like the softer ride into a group that should have bought cars...You used YOUR desires for YOUR vehicle to define what it should be for everyone else. My ENTIRE point was that method doesn't make sense- so I'm glad you got it. And as far as "change it yourself"-It doesn't make business sense for Toyota to alienate that many folks. they provide a warranty fix for the complaint and manage to keep most folks happy.

Go talk to the dealership and work on getting the TSB- at no cost to you- and you'll be fine.

PS-I put 400lbs of motorcycle, 150lbs of tools and gas, 160lbs of me, and 40lbs of clothes and camping gear/food in my truck for a total of ~750lbs in the truck (slightly more than 1/2 of the 1205 cargo capacity) and didn't have a rub mark on the bump stop-pre TSB.

6. May 29, 2009 at 8:42 AM
    goride

goride Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    22 4dr lb white off-road
    It dosnt make sense to build a truck that wont haul what they claim,after all it is a TRUCK not a car.People should not have to complain to get their TRUCK up to the standards toyota has claimed it can handle.Thats wrong,So IMO it should be sold to handle what they claim and if some body wants their truck to ride like a cadallac,well buy a caddy. Hope you get it.By the way TSB has been performed on my ride and love it.

7. May 29, 2009 at 9:03 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    Sounds like a whole lotta you guys should have bought Honda Ridgelines.

Would you be upset if some of the 2010 Tacomas released an odor whenever you turned on the A/C, or would you say, "Most 2010 Toyota owners like the smell of poop on a hot day. Even though it was not supposed to do that, and there is a fix that Toyota doesn't advertise, I feel that people should have to go out of their way to get the truck to work correctly instead of Toyota having to do the job right the first time. Personally, mine doesn't have the problem, so I don't think anyone else should complain, and I thought the fecal fumes start smelling rosy after you get used to it."
    Of course, I'm making a bit of a satire here, but my point is this: The Tacoma was advertised as a light truck, with capabilities of hauling a certain payload. When it can't do that and Toyota won't fix it, there's credibility lost. When they add a sticker as an "oops" factor instead of fixing the issue, that's more credibility lost. Do things right and you won't have to apologize, if there's something wrong you make it right, and be honest and straightforward.

8. May 29, 2009 at 9:08 AM
    goride

goride Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    22 4dr lb white off-road
    THANK YOU.ahhhmen

9. May 29, 2009 at 9:16 AM
    Joe B

Joe B Well-Known Member

Member:

That's why Tacomas are the way they are.

10. May 29, 2009 at 9:17 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Ammmmmeeeennnnnn:rolleyes:

11. May 29, 2009 at 9:36 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    All the normal TW BS
    However, it is technically broke, or at least does not work as advertised. Toyota has taken the stance of making the buyer at fault for buying something that won't perform to a reasonable expectation because it's financially better for them to sweep things under the rug. It's a common thing to do, but I find that this issue is a bit disconcerting. I'd be a bit more OK with the whole deal provided Toyota would be showing signs of a willingness to correct the issue and show a PROPER correction for the 2009+...

Toyota GOT to be the way it is based off of high vehicle expectations and reliability. If they feel it's right to slack off on that and start cutting corners, you will see a trend for someone else to take that spot. To be quite honest, I'm GLAD that Nissan is putting effort into their Frontier, and still pray that Honda will build a competitive truck (damn them for getting my hopes up the first time around :p)

12. May 29, 2009 at 10:27 AM
    Joe B

Joe B Well-Known Member

Member:

Believe me,Toyota does not feel anything is broke when the outsell their competitors 2-1.
    Obviously complaints are low because the 3 leaf is still installed 5 years now.
    I bet not even 5% of people get the TSB.
    Every pickup truck manufacture has something in their ads on how car like the ride is.That sells.
    Frontier sales will suck no matter what Nissan does.
    Besides,if I was interested in payload and towing,I'd buy a full size 1/2 ton like most others.

13. May 29, 2009 at 10:28 AM
    GoBlueFan

GoBlueFan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.

Toyota is selling trucks to a MAJORITY that does not care about it's load capability. It's call business. They are not going to appease a minority when sales are as good as they are. Remember, they are in the business of selling trucks to a certain market....YOU ain't it. Get over it, you have already done what you needed to do to remedy YOUR truck.

Aisle three...vagasil.:D:boink:

14. May 29, 2009 at 10:52 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
  15. May 29, 2009 at 10:53 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    All the normal TW BS
    Microsoft sells more operating systems than their competitors, so nothing is wrong with Windows. Obviously complaints are low because people have been experiencing the blue screen of death for over 10 years now. I bet not even 5% of people who own Windows calls in for support.
    :D

That's besides the point. My friend's Chevy drives like a ocean liner on a calm sea, but it still pulls a freight train. I don't see where the two conflict.

Consumer Reports rates the Frontier better than the Tacoma. Yes, I've read why and they are pretty dumb reasons, and it seems like the report was doctored. However, I'd say that's some signs that there's some healthy competition brewing. If they can fix the few things wrong with the Frontier that I found, I wouldn't be upset if they offered a good/better alternative.

Agreed. Again why you won't see a Tacoma diesel, either.

I'm arguing more over the business of how they are handling the customers who do complain, in case people are confused.

16. May 29, 2009 at 11:01 AM
    Joe B

Joe B Well-Known Member

Member:
    :)

17. May 29, 2009 at 11:14 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I might could go with some of the things being said as far as the acceptance of less than what is being sold but has anyone watched the commercials? Yes, I know you have. Have you looked at what is being done in them with the trucks or what is being portayed in all the pamphlets at the dealers? Check out what's going on in them & explain how this sort of thing is not false advertising to a certain degree when you can't buy the truck & expect to go do the same things without unreasonable issues. There's no asterisk in their pamphlet that says modifications necessary for this activity. It just smacks of underhanded grifting pocket picking snake oil salesmanship. Sell a version that costs 1/3 less than one that is fully capable. How bought this? Maybe justify this stuff on a base model truck but the same thing going on in a TRD "upgraded" model or especially a 4x4 that you pay significantly more for should not be having these same issues. That's what sucks IMO. I have no problem upgrading my own shit for whatever extra stuff I want it to do but you should be able to expect a baseline safe & sufficient behaving vehicle that will do what is being advertised. That's what I'm getting at. I ain't cryin about having to make changes to do extreme stuff compared what the 90% of non modding clueless unconcerned poser street driven only on road vehicles will handle. But this subject is just like political or same sex threads where everyone will just have to agree to disagree, keep on modding & help concerned Tacomians overcome the shortfalls as best we can. Different people will always have different expectations so I'm just gonna leave it at that. Toyota still rules, just not sure for how long at this rate.

18. May 29, 2009 at 11:41 AM
    T0y0ta05

T0y0ta05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    05 Silver Sport DC Tacoma
    Bone stock other than new floor mats.
    I have 6 lugs and 3 leaf. :( Although, I'm uncertain I need the work since I have yet to load the bed with enough weight to verify the issue.

19. May 29, 2009 at 11:42 AM
    T0y0ta05

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    Do you have a link to the TSB?

20. May 29, 2009 at 11:45 AM
    T0y0ta05

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    So do the '09s have 4 leafs or is this only being completed for those who complain? Just curious. :notsure:

Products Discussed in

To Top