1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

extremly mad about TSB

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ClemsonTacoma, May 28, 2009.

1. May 29, 2009 at 1:54 PM
    Joe B

Joe B Well-Known Member

Member:
    You're in the minority and Toyota knows it.
    It is a shame that people are having trouble getting the TSB.
    I think it's the dealers more than Toyota.

2. May 29, 2009 at 1:58 PM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    Yeah I guess I may be, you can tell what type of truck owner you are by looking at how dirty the bed is :D I have two little girls in my company that has the new tundra... I always wonder why they bougt it.

3. May 29, 2009 at 2:03 PM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    the nicest lady frome the 800# said its completly up to the stealership but hey for me being there for them to check the part# for an hour, hell they couldove actualy checked the part# instead of just presure washing it

4. May 29, 2009 at 2:57 PM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    Wash it, stick a camera behind the wheel well, and take a picture of the part number on top of the springs... that's what I did when I got my '09 done... I told them I had the picture on my phone that clearly showed the part # on the springs, but they didn't even ask to see it.

5. May 29, 2009 at 2:59 PM
    steviestyles

steviestyles The "Search" tab is your friend!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    I can see some of Brunes point; however when my Truck bears the name "TRD-Off Road" on the side, I don't, nor should any sensible person expect a soft ride. I can see the 3 leaf pack on the base and SR5 package, but on the Pre-Runner/TRD; sheer stupidity :confused:. For crying out loud Toyota is marketing the TRD as a beefed up suspension off road truck. Brunes is right, most people want their truck to ride like a car; why else would anyone buy the Ridgeline...they market it as more car with "some truck" abilities and people buy it.

It does seem a lot of folks here at TW think a TSB is a slam dunk delaership must fix.....I will restate this again, the rear leaf spring TSB does not apply to the 2009 yet, so why get upset at the dealer if the TSb says so....they have to make sure Toyota will reimburse them.

Second the TSB is covered under your 3yr/36000 mile warranty, if you have an 05; your most likely over that. Yes, some dealers have bent over backwards for those slightly out of warranty, but to get mad if you're denied is ridiculous, or better yet walking in to the dealer with the TSB in hand which clearly states what is covered makes "you" look like the idiot....No wonder dealerships blow so many people off. Again no one should get mad at any dealer for denying the TSB if you're out of warranty. Some research and patience; especially with all the info regarding this issues is readily available with a simple search on TW. :rolleyes:

6. May 29, 2009 at 3:04 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    IMO not everyone needs the TSB done even if you are using it as a truck. IMO half the people on this forum probably had the TSB done just because it was available. I pull a boat. I haul lumber and concrete around on occassion. I have had 700# of concrete in the back of my truck. My truck has NEVER hit the bumpstops once in its entire life. I believe some trucks need it, either because the owner is really using the truck hard, or because their leafs are weaker. I believe I use my Taco harder than most people who own a Tacoma. If I don't need the TSB then most people probably do not need the TSB. If Toyota put the 4 leaf pack on all Tacomas, thus making the ride stiffer, I probably would not own a Tacoma today. My wife can barely stand to ride in my truck as it is. Right or wrong, that's life. I suspect Toyota would lose more sales by having the stiffer riding 4 pack on all trucks then they would gain by having it there. Plus it would cost them alot more money. This way those who truely need it can hopefully get it, while those who don't are happy as is...

7. May 29, 2009 at 3:06 PM
    Joe B

Joe B Well-Known Member

Member:
    That's me!:)

8. May 29, 2009 at 3:17 PM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    My double cab was bottoming out with 4 adults in the cab. The spot that did it every time was a dip in the highway near my office where the paving had settled a little bit. Having the truck slam on the bump stops and then damn near bounce me off the road at 50mph was all I needed to do to convince myself that I needed it done... It seemed dangerous to me. If the stock springs work, good for you, but in my case, they were a safety concern.

9. May 29, 2009 at 3:21 PM
    12Btaco

12Btaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5
    So here's my question...even though I have more than 36,000 miles, I do have a 70,000 mile extended warranty, would I still be covered under this TSB??

10. May 29, 2009 at 3:22 PM
    Joe B

Joe B Well-Known Member

Member:

no

11. May 29, 2009 at 3:26 PM
    12Btaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5
    Damn that sucks....wish I had known about this 15k ago

12. May 29, 2009 at 3:28 PM
    Joe B

Joe B Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wait,I didn't see you had an extended warranty.
    It might be covered afterall.:)

13. May 29, 2009 at 3:29 PM
    12Btaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5
    Oh snap.. I will have to check that out now. I always thought that the 3 leaf pack was a pretty gay idea

14. May 29, 2009 at 3:47 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    The TSB specifically says 3yr/36K warranty.

15. May 29, 2009 at 4:05 PM
    Eddie81

Eddie81 Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    05 Prerunner
    Tint, Nerf Bar, Nitto TG, Konig Countersteer
    I have extended toyota care also and i checked with the dealership and the 1-800 # and its not covered. Sucks.

16. May 29, 2009 at 6:46 PM
    PropJet

PropJet Well-Known Member

Member:
    KS
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, Moto Metal 955's, GoodYear DuraTrac 265/75/16's, N-Fab Nerf Bar
    I've posed this question a time or two, and have never received an answer, but... is there any difference between getting the tsb done versus buying the AAL for $80? I haven't tried to see if I can talk the dealer into doing the tsb on my truck yet, but I figure if there's no difference between that and the AAL, for $80 it's a lot less hassle and headache if the dealer gives me any grief on the tsb.

17. May 29, 2009 at 6:59 PM
    StandingCow

StandingCow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4 V6 access cab
    Since you have the off road already (TRD suspension) I wouldn't think it would be any different...

18. May 30, 2009 at 12:45 AM
    Dellosa89

Dellosa89 Love peace and Taco Grease

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    Fox 2.5 Coilovers, Camburg 1.25" UCA's, Icon RR, Icon aal,EVS foam bump stops, Borla Catback, HID Headlights and fogs, Defiant light bar, 3 hella 700 hid, Satellite Radio, Sony hu with 10'' sub, custom jetski rack, TRD seat covers, secondary air filter removed.
    yea im really thinking about getting this done because i put 2 jetskiis which is about 700 pounds in the back of my taco and half to go offroading to get into the lake that i go to.

19. May 31, 2009 at 6:37 PM
    ClemsonTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    i wasnt mad at the fact that they didnt want to do it, simply the fact that they didnt even look at the part# or that they dont want to deal with me probably because im 15, but now it is a big deal b/c were moving,moving my grandparents to their farm, and my dad and i are getting quads and i need the truck to be able to cary the weight it is adervitised to do, my dad told me to be patient and wait till it applies to the 09

20. May 31, 2009 at 6:40 PM
    ClemsonTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    no, its debt to a friend, i had to get out of a sticky situation

Products Discussed in

To Top