1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Eyelid - Shop Installed?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Nukewater, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Nov 16, 2010 at 5:29 AM
    Nukewater

Nukewater [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Saskatchewan
    my truck is in the Autobody shop right now getting the side box panel painted (long drama filled story, well not really, but) and at the same time i am getting them to paint my eyelids. Is it a better idea to get them to install the eyelids, or just to do it myself when i get them back. The truck is already there, and they have the instructions for the eyelids with them.

thoughts?

2. Nov 16, 2010 at 7:18 AM
    Bama_TACO

Bama_TACO ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

Member:
    Winfield, AL
    Vehicle:
    2006 PreRunner Double Cab TRD SPORT
    Do it yourself. All you have to do is put some 3m double sided tape on the back of them and put them in place. The only way you will have it done like you want it, is if you do it yourself.

3. Nov 16, 2010 at 7:37 AM
    Paul's TRD

Paul's TRD I'm Not Your F***ing Brother

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 Z71 4x4 5.3L V8
    yeah, do it yourself. all they are gonna do is charge you an hours worth of labor for something you can do in about 5 minutes. some advice on putting them on............get yourself a spray bottle of water. place the 3m tape all on the inside of the eyelid. don't go crazy with the tape. just place it in some key areas. i.e....the end for sure and some in the middle. it will stick trust me. Okay, once you get the 3m on the eyelide peel back the paper from the side that will stick to the light. spray some water on it generously and spray some water on the headlight. this will allow you about 5 or seconds to place and be able to move the lid around to fine tune/adjust. once position found, squeeze cautiously as to not to move the lid around, but get the water from the 3m tape. basically let it dry for a few hours before taking on the highway. you can drive around town as long as you keep under 30 for the first few hours. that's how I did mine about 4 months ago and they haven't fallen off yet or show any indication of even getting loose.

4. Nov 20, 2010 at 7:10 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    DYI. It's a snap.

Products Discussed in

To Top