1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

F*** apple!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by MiikeyD, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Aug 4, 2009 at 2:03 PM
    97Blk_one

97Blk_one Well-Known Member

Member:
    Memfrica
    Vehicle:
    not so low
    A whole lot,But not satify
    I'm sorry y'all have bad experiences with Apple. I'm a MAC. I have it since The Power Mac G3 ,still working fine, outdated but still going.

2. Aug 4, 2009 at 2:07 PM
    SamSter0077

SamSter0077 Happy Camper

Member:
    Katy, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD OR
    OME 886 Coils, and Struts, Rear Toytec TSB AAL/ OME shock absorbers, Fog Lamp anytime mod, Voyager Brake Controller.
    Ya know, it's funny... I was in a store the other day and in an aisle they had Microsoft Office software for sale.. used maybe an 8th of the display. The rest was taken up by Virus Software, Security Software, and other various brands of Windows protection. Virus protection is a HUGE industry for PC.. lets hope Mac doesn't realize the revenue they are missing out on.

3. Aug 4, 2009 at 2:08 PM
    97Blk_one

Member:
    Memfrica
    Vehicle:
    not so low
    Mac OS X Snow Leopard requires an Intel-based Mac. Earlier Modles running OS X 10.5.7 might be the only choice.

4. Aug 4, 2009 at 2:09 PM
    97Blk_one

Member:
    Memfrica
    Vehicle:
    not so low
    Agreed...Why Virus Protection when you have a Mac? I don't get it.

5. Aug 4, 2009 at 2:19 PM
    SamSter0077

SamSter0077 Happy Camper

Member:
    Katy, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD OR
    OME 886 Coils, and Struts, Rear Toytec TSB AAL/ OME shock absorbers, Fog Lamp anytime mod, Voyager Brake Controller.
    My Dad wanted to buy a new computer, I have been harping on him about buying a mac for years. What does he do, bought an $600 computer from Sam's club. They are just about giving these things away, it's nothing but a marketing tool. He had the Vista Home Premium 64 OS, and in a matter of three weeks.. he couldn't stand it any more. His Email was sending messages with links to sites he didn't send, his web browser was opening pages he didn't ask for, and pop-ups he didn't want.

He was able to return the PC, and get a MAC MINI.. he is very happy with it although he had a lot of concerns with learning ANOTHER OS at his age.. When we were checking out, he kept asking me.. "this is it, No virus protection or anything?" very funny but true... you CANNOT run windows without it. Mac doesn't use it, and it is like a leap of faith to make the change. I bought my first one thinkig I was going to NEED another new computer in 3 years.. Nope.. 6 years and still working fine. Keys are all warn off, and some are missing from my kids droping the computer but otherwise.. everything still works perfect. it has NEVER crashed, I never turn it off, and I have never ONCE gotten a virus. And yes, I visist a ton of questionable websites.

Windows did do something right with XP though, I think it is their best OS ever... of course now most of the bugs are worked out they are forcing everyone to change their OS all over again... LOL

6. Aug 4, 2009 at 2:25 PM
    97Blk_one

Member:
    Memfrica
    Vehicle:
    not so low
  7. Aug 4, 2009 at 2:25 PM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    You got what you paid for when you paid for it so whats the big deal here?

8. Aug 4, 2009 at 2:28 PM
    ST77

ST77 Wandering doesn't mean you're lost

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Sandy, Or
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR DCSB
    Bone Stock
    Apple:rolleyes:

9. Aug 4, 2009 at 2:28 PM
    drew02a

drew02a Rocking your mom's world Since 1997

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 Regular Cab 2.7L 4x4
    I've been running XP on my Mac book pro for the last year or so. I got another virus last week and decided that's it I'm going OS X. The only thing holding me back before was Photoshop. Took care of that and now I'm smooth sailin'.

10. Aug 4, 2009 at 2:29 PM
    97Blk_one

Member:
    Memfrica
    Vehicle:
    not so low
    One thing bad about Apple is they always does that Lowered the price, from iPods to iPhones to Mac Books, Mac Airs...it's the strageties for people to buy the products, what would you do if you're running Apple Company?

11. Aug 4, 2009 at 2:30 PM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    I like to see Apple offer me something comparable in perfomance and price to my $600 Dell Studio.

12. Aug 4, 2009 at 2:31 PM
    SamSter0077

SamSter0077 Happy Camper

Member:
    Katy, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD OR
    What did Photoshop do on PC, that you couldn't do on a MAC? (I am not a photoshop person..) just curious.

13. Aug 4, 2009 at 2:33 PM
    dtrujillo63

dtrujillo63 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Denny
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC 4x4 Sport
    Typical apple fan boy...

Nope, I work for a college. Dell does make some cheap stuff, they want to make it affordable to everyone. We don't buy their cheap stuff, go get yourself a precision workstation or laptop and see how "cheap" they really are... rock solid. I don't dislike apples platform just because... I'm in the IT field and work with them all the time. Their reliability just SUX. Plain and simple. Your probably right though, the average end user would probably prefer a mac. Anyone you really knows whats going on would prefer to work in a windows or Linux environment.

There's a reason why only 6% of the computers in this world run an apple operating system.

14. Aug 4, 2009 at 2:34 PM
    SamSter0077

SamSter0077 Happy Camper

Member:
    Katy, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD OR

What did you get for $600? Do you pay by the month for any protection form adware or viruses? Apple is NOT cheap.. I guess it is somewhat familiar to buying a Toyota Tacoma and a Chevy, Dodge, or Ford.. why did you buy the Tacoma.. I am sure you paid more for it than you would have for any of the "others".. Quality

I thought about saying this another way.. the Ford Ranger is under $20,000 and has 4x4 too... why pay more for the Tacoma?

15. Aug 4, 2009 at 2:35 PM
    97Blk_one

Member:
    Memfrica
    Vehicle:
    not so low
    Wishful thinking..I don't think it ever gonna happen

16. Aug 4, 2009 at 2:37 PM
    97Blk_one

Member:
    Memfrica
    Vehicle:
    not so low
    boy? let's not get nasty here :D 6% ? may be they couldn't figure it out ?:D

17. Aug 4, 2009 at 2:41 PM
    nad

nad mmmm tacos!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 Sierra All Terrain
    I wouldn't say that apple makes better quality computers than other brands, they definitely set their bottom bar higher than other companies, but in the end they are using the same parts as a pc now a days when the didnt in the past. The reason they charge more is for the apple name, the ease of use(which isnt so easy when you know how to use a pc) and the protection from viruses. With that being said you can easily stear clear of viruses on a pc if you just dont be a retard and click on only legit links. I also think that its only a matter of time before macs start getting targetted with viruses, spyware and malware.

18. Aug 4, 2009 at 2:41 PM
    dtrujillo63

dtrujillo63 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Denny
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC 4x4 Sport
    Hahaha... not nasty. Just the truth. Apple is more of a culture now a days. Just walk into a coffee shop. :rofl:

Coming directly from the fan boys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QMhOIySiyE

19. Aug 4, 2009 at 2:44 PM
    97Blk_one

Member:
    Memfrica
    Vehicle:
    not so low
    I guess, I can't urgue to that:D

20. Aug 4, 2009 at 2:45 PM
    SamSter0077

SamSter0077 Happy Camper

Member:
    Katy, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD OR

Pick any computer you want, pc vs apple.. keep em 6 years, and see which one can perform the same duties. Can you honestly say any of your "Dell's" are of that age and still work without having to be one those handy people that "know what they are doing".. I like mac because I don't have to have a degree or any type of stupid MS Cert (not meant to be a knock on IT people) to make it work. I sell DELL servers to work with the Software we peddle.. that's my Job... I am not knocking Dell, I am knocking Windows... it blows. Gave it up 6 years ago on all my personal computers, and have not had a SINGLE... SINGLE... SINGLE... problem since. I have been given 3 Windows Laptops since I bought that first IBOOK because they got outdated and slow. That IBook still works, and works well.

The only peope that seem to support windows, and knock apple are the ones that have this "know" that you speak of.. and they make pretty good money at it because.. with Windows, you HAVE to have one of those people cuz it breaks.. often.. and needs lots of protection. It's a business, they build it that way on purpose.

i agree with you on Linux, that is what we run on our DVRs. Not with you on Windows, but.. it is a necessity of doing business.

Damn right I am an Apple Fan Boy! How old is the Apple stuff you are complaining about?

Products Discussed in

To Top