1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

F150 Ecoboost or Tacoma??

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by dhamm0163, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Apr 20, 2014 at 11:23 AM
    Andy.G

Andy.G Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    96 tacoma sx 4x4 2.7 5 speed
    Started automatic. Swapped to manual
    I guess it does't matter what you buy if it's under warranty the whole time. But there is no doubt for me that toyota value even at 200,000 miles out performs all. Also it looks like everyone knows these tacos are not for heavy hauling,big people,long trip,or gadget guys. And my taco from 95 is still going strong with mpg at 22. My big ride is a sequoia,1 ton dodge ram with 318 for work tools.(sorry ford guys,they rank last with me.) That 6.0 cost me a fortune in my LAST FORD.

2. Apr 20, 2014 at 12:21 PM
    41magmag41

41magmag41 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jim
    New Hamshiire
    Vehicle:
    tacoma double cab TRD 4 x 4
    Just a bought a 2014 tacoma double cab with the TRD off road package along with the tow package. The dealer I was at handled both the F150 and the Toyota. Drove both and felt like most have said the F150 is nice and LARGE with all the bells and whisltes. On the tacoma its the little things, power mirror button does not lite up when the dash lights are on, no outside temp gauge like most. Overall I felt the tacoma was a better choice and I don't have a 38 GALLON fuel tank to fill up. Just my two cents worth. The last tacoma I had was almost 2 decades ago. I think I made the right choice. Traded a 2010 Subaru legacy 3.6 R with every goodie in on it and not to bothered by what I gave up on the Suby.

3. Apr 20, 2014 at 1:15 PM
    luvium

luvium Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB 4x4 TRD Offroad M.G
    Trimmed front flaps Extra D rings
    Do you frequently wish for morejuice?
    No, plenty of power.
    Does it have the get-up-and-gothat puts a grin on your face?
    yes
    What’sthe average RPM at 60 MPH with the 6 speed automatic?
    just under 2000, i think
    What’s the cost of the TRD supercharger and is the price worth the extra power?
    Not sure,i don't need one
    What about mountain driving?
    No problem with 2 dirt bikes in the bed.
    Any changes in engines in the very near future?
    I think they will with the redesign.

4. Apr 20, 2014 at 7:34 PM
    rademan11

rademan11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    4X4 trd off road
    Ranch Topper, Bull Bar.....Yes, I know everyone thinks they are crap, I like the look
    I still believe it's an apples to oranges comparison..
    We have two full size trucks along with the new Tacoma.
    If we had been comparing large and small trucks 2 months ago, we would have bought a full size truck, the "bang for the buck" is with the big trucks. We bought our Tacoma because we wanted to try a smaller truck.
    Choices are few, Tacoma resale is the only reason we payed the ridiculous price these trucks bring. We like the Tacoma, but I wish we had waited for the 2016. This truck is outdated, the mileage is horrendous compared to the new full size trucks. We are accustomed to the bells and whistles and this truck is lacking in that department. It's little things, switches that don't light up at night, outdoor temp etc.

On a side note, I wish this thing had a 50 gallon fuel tank, filling up every 300 miles is wearing my ass out.

2015DCSBTEXASTACO likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top