1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fab Four Bumpers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Armor' started by Sbkuhn, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Sep 19, 2013 at 6:56 PM
    fenderpicks

fenderpicks Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey guys, how is the fitment for their rear bumper?
    I got my eyes on the rears only.

2. Oct 16, 2013 at 12:32 PM
    bryanmichaelmeyer

bryanmichaelmeyer Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    I just had a front fab four front installed and already am noticing a lot of issues. First off, the bumper has a huge space on the sides above the bumper and the truck-see pics. Second, the radiator is fully exposed and it looks like I need to build a shielding to protect it-I do a lot of winter driving and rocks are a concern. Lastly- it seems like the rear side of the bumper needs to be enclosed so it can protect the lighting wires and also under the hood to the elements. This is going to be a lot more work that I expected. Anyone else run into these issues? (i know the spacing has been pointed out) ugh...

photo (2).jpg
    photo (3).jpg

3. Oct 16, 2013 at 6:46 PM
    Nick54

Nick54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    You should be able to close up that gap. I my floor jack and placed under the winch plate to support the bumper while you loosen the hardware and make adjustments. It certainly will be easier if you have a buddy to help you.

4. Oct 17, 2013 at 1:27 PM
    bryanmichaelmeyer

bryanmichaelmeyer Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Thanks Nick54. It's at the shop and they just said they have it all lined up. I will post pics when I get it back.

5. Oct 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM
    bryanmichaelmeyer

bryanmichaelmeyer Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    the guys at the shop had to do some work on the connecting brackets to get it to line up but it looks awesome. Fab Four customer service was great through out this and were prepared to go to the max to get things resolved. pics coming soon.

6. Feb 1, 2014 at 5:01 PM
    Two Tall

Two Tall Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off Road DCSB 4x4
    Retrax MXPro bed cover, Gentex Homelink mirror, TRD exhaust
    I just got the front Fab Fours bumper to match my back bumper. Here are a few pics. I'm waiting on a break in the weather to get some better pictures. Icon Stage 5 is on the way to lift this thing back up!

Thing barely fit in the bed when I picked it up:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stickerice85 likes this.
  7. Feb 5, 2014 at 8:58 AM
    RigidTaco

RigidTaco Bearded Bandit

Member:
    Cremona, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Barcelona Red V6 SR5
    So had a minor accident, results in me shopping for a bumper. Looking at this bad boy over them all. Did you guys see price options for base bumper no grill protection? Curious on the different levels of pricing.

8. Feb 5, 2014 at 9:44 AM
    Two Tall

Two Tall Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off Road DCSB 4x4
    Retrax MXPro bed cover, Gentex Homelink mirror, TRD exhaust
    Yes, for Fab Fours, there is:
    1) base bumper
    2) pre runner bar
    3) full hoops (the one I got)

You can also get each in raw steel. Mine was purchased from 4wheelparts.com

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Bumpers-...ts/Front-Bumpers.aspx?t_c=64&t_s=26&t_pt=6410

9. Feb 5, 2014 at 11:44 AM
    RigidTaco

RigidTaco Bearded Bandit

Member:
    Cremona, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Barcelona Red V6 SR5
    So it seems only like 150$ odd bucks for the grill guards over the base bumper. Was going to fab my own off the bumper but for that price it almost makes sense just to have it come like that.

Thanks dude

10. Feb 6, 2014 at 2:43 AM
    magnetic11

magnetic11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    "some nuke plant"
    Vehicle:
    11 trd sport
    Fab fours front and rear bumpers, B.A.M.F. weld on rock sliders, softopper, removed mud flaps and D-Badged everything. Icon 2.5 Extended Travel coil-overs, Total Chaos upppers, 2.0 Icon extended travel shocks with the resi's and Dekar Leaf packs.
    Sure does. It fits up just like the stock bumper. The only difference is that it didn't have the holes on the top side for the hitch bolts, they are there but just covered up.

11. Feb 6, 2014 at 5:31 AM
    bryanmichaelmeyer

bryanmichaelmeyer Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    SO I have had my bumper for about 6 months now. I have been concerned about the radiator not being protected from the elements. Unfortunately we have had no snow in the west yet so I have not seen what snow and ice are going to do to the radiator since it is SO EXPOSED. I hit a pretty nasty bunny in the middle of NV one morning. Guts went all over the radiator and it was a hassle to clean. Anyone else had issues?

12. Oct 22, 2014 at 4:12 PM
    BBell

BBell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    B
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma TX
    2013 Tacoma TX 4.0 6 Speed Manual Volant CAI and air scoop Volant throttle body spacer DigiFit Weathertech Kevlar Seat Covers - Grey Interior LEDs Fab Fours PreRunner Bumper Body Armor Rock Sliders Painted radiator Rigid Industries 3x3 D2's DTL lighting kit Rigid Grill and 20" SLR2 light bar Plasti- badges Plasti- front grille surround Plasti- rear bumper MATT black rear taillights Night Raider rear LED light bar :D
    Sub'd

Have had mine on for 4 months know. Absolutely love it.

IMAG0929.jpg
    IMAG1095[1].jpg

13. Oct 22, 2014 at 4:18 PM
    BBell

BBell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    B
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma TX
    2013 Tacoma TX 4.0 6 Speed Manual Volant CAI and air scoop Volant throttle body spacer DigiFit Weathertech Kevlar Seat Covers - Grey Interior LEDs Fab Fours PreRunner Bumper Body Armor Rock Sliders Painted radiator Rigid Industries 3x3 D2's DTL lighting kit Rigid Grill and 20" SLR2 light bar Plasti- badges Plasti- front grille surround Plasti- rear bumper MATT black rear taillights Night Raider rear LED light bar :D
    How is your radiator not protected!!?? Pics?

14. Oct 23, 2014 at 9:10 PM
    azonicbruce

azonicbruce Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bruce
    Owasso, OK
    Vehicle:
    2012 SR5 4x4 Double-Cab
    Considering one myself but wondering how much heavier it is than the stock one? Wondering how much the rear suspension will sag.

15. Nov 6, 2014 at 2:29 PM
    RxAVAGE

RxAVAGE Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Off Road pyrite mica
    So I hit a deer a few weeks ago and need some repairs, well the body shop is working with me, insurance covers it anyways, and I asked about them putting on the fab4 instead of factory original and they said I would just have to pay the difference in cost of product as long as it doesn't involve any kind of crazy fabrication. I really think I'm going to green light it. What do y'all think?

16. Nov 6, 2014 at 9:48 PM
    azonicbruce

azonicbruce Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bruce
    Owasso, OK
    Vehicle:
    2012 SR5 4x4 Double-Cab
    I took the plunge and so far really happy with it:

IMG_5091.jpg
    IMG_5092.jpg

17. Nov 6, 2014 at 10:22 PM
    tacomacrazy

tacomacrazy ExPo Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Coral Gables, FL
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Offroad
    HIDs 10k & 3k, AFE Intake, LEDs Red Map & dome, Pioneer 4300 Walker Evan 2.5 coilover 2.0 rear with all pro expo leaf pack. SnugTop Campershell Famous Fab rear bumper/ tire carrier. Dual Battery System Upgrade 250a Alternator
    I love mine'! You can fit some rotopak cans behind the tire carrier. I mounted my lift jack behind it plus the cb antenna mount is nice! I'll throuw up come pictures in a bit

18. Nov 9, 2014 at 4:54 PM
    BBell

BBell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    B
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma TX
    Green light! GO

19. Nov 14, 2014 at 4:40 PM
    RxAVAGE

RxAVAGE Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Off Road pyrite mica
    I gave them the go today. I argued with the guy about color matching it but he claimed he talked to fab4 and they don't make a raw steel version. I suspect him a liar but whatever. I'm slightly disappointed because I wanted to get bronze rims but with the powder black bumper on pyrite mica I feel it will be too many colors and clash, now I'll have to get black rims I spose.

20. Aug 19, 2015 at 7:05 PM
    HackD

HackD Marching to the Beat of a Different Drum

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, eh?
    Vehicle:
    2010 Base 4x2, 2.7L, 5 speed manual 5-lug Slug
    Gone over the Top for a 5-lug..
    Dead-thread resurrection time.

Question regarding the rear bumper, my slug does not have a factory hitch at this time - is the factory hitch necessary, or does it use the hitch mounting points on the frame itself? If not, would an aftermarket frame-mount class 3/4 suffice?

Products Discussed in

To Top