1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fabtech 3" Spindle Lift

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by kates, May 29, 2011.

1. May 29, 2011 at 6:19 PM
    kates

kates [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Linden MI
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 5 lugger
    Fabtech spindles, Bilstein Shocks, Spray in bed liner
    Sorry folks, I am sure this has been covered before on this site. I am new on this site, and have some questions. I just installed the Fabtech 3" spindle lift and new Moog coil spings. The camber is way off, I mean there is more positive camber than I thought was possible. I double checked the coil sping part number and they are correct. Also I was suprised the front end now sits higher than the rear by 2". If I have new Bilstein shocks, can I use shackles to lift the rear level, or 1" higher?

One last question, what size tires would you run on this set up?

2. May 31, 2011 at 7:28 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    03 GMC Sierra
    Check out my build thread linked in my sig... I got the same thing minus the springs. Are these new stock springs or are they lift springs? My spindles messed up toe but camber was still within the limit. I have 2" shackles in the back and it sits about level. i also have 235/75/R15 tires and I wish I would've gone bigger.

3. Jun 14, 2011 at 4:37 PM
    kates

kates [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Linden MI
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 5 lugger
    Fabtech spindles, Bilstein Shocks, Spray in bed liner
    I used stock Moog coil springs with the Fabtech 3" lift spindles. I also put new Bilstein shocks all the way around. After I looked at the stance, I added the rear 2" schackle lift. Now the rear shocks are to short and it does not have enough upward travel. I believe I used to have 4 inches of upward travel stock, and now it has 2 inches. This is not enough and it will fully extend the shock making a clunk noise. I have also had the alignment checked twice and I am still feathering the front tires on the inner and outer side of the tread. Never had that problem before. I am running 16" rims with 235/70/R16 Toyo tires. I think I might go to 265/70/R16 tires. I need to watch the offset as I only have a 1/4 inch clearance between the spindle and rim. It will shave the wheel weights off, so I have aluminum after market rims with stick on weights.

Will the 4X4 Tacoma rear shock fit the 2 wheel drive, and just be a little longer?

As for gearing I am seeing alot of people talking about regearing. I have no problem at any speed right now with the set up I have. The 2.4 litre has ample low end torque and even at highway speed at 80 mph I still get 25 miles to the gallon. Not great, but not bad. The factory 4X4 Tacoma with a 2.7 litre 4 cylinder is running a 265 tire size, and is heavier than the 2 wheel drive. However I am not sure what gear ratio the 4 wheel drive is, in realtion to the 2 wheel drive.

4. Mar 28, 2014 at 5:22 PM
    JesseAyyee

JesseAyyee Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    01 tacoma
    Intake.
    I have the same 3in spindle kit with aal in the rear, what size tired did you guys go with?

To Top