1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

factory blue tooth????

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by paintdiddy, May 2, 2010.

1. May 2, 2010 at 12:54 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy [OP] Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    does it suck???is it worth getting???thanks

2. May 2, 2010 at 1:15 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    Man, I love mine. Built into the radio system. loud and clear, very easy to set up as well. Once set up all you have to do is jump in the truck and it comes on without any additional adjustments. With the truck on I can get out and it stays in service up to about 25 feet from the truck. When I turn the truck off it chimes to remind me it's no longer on.
    With most states beginning to have laws about talking on cell phones while driving this is getting to be a must.

3. May 2, 2010 at 1:23 PM
    paintdiddy

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    did yours come with it or did you buy it afterwards???i have to get mine afterwards. someone had 1 on craigslist

4. May 2, 2010 at 1:23 PM
    fhlashsf

fhlashsf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    Danville, CA
    Vehicle:
    '10 Off Road Double Cab 4x4
    Weathertechs, Avid bolt-on sliders and light bar, 17" ATX Thug wheels, BF Goodrich AT 285/70/17 tires, Icom 2820 Dstar radio, OME 3" lift, color matched rear bumper and Grillecraft grille, Wet Okole seat covers, ARM bed extender, black badges, Sockmonkey decals, HID headlight and foglights, TRD cat back exhaust, TRD CAI, URD MAF calibrator, Kenwood 6960 HU, Image Dynamic front and back speakers, ARC Audio Sub in Mr. Marv custom sub box and amp rack, Tuffy security box for bed.
    Mine works great...

5. May 2, 2010 at 1:42 PM
    EricT

EricT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    '09 4x4 shortbed TRD Sport
    The stock/jbl upgraded head unit runs bluetooth fantastically. Better than my upgraded head unit, I think, but my upgraded syncs the address book.

6. May 2, 2010 at 2:14 PM
    ppeter

ppeter Nerdfighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Twin Falls Idaho
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 & 10 DC 4x4 Offroad
    PreRunner: Added fogs, cruise, Trailer hitch, TRD wheels & rugged trail T/A's, window tint. D/C: Duratrac's, Viper Smartstart, window tint.
    My wife got a 2010 last month and i'm very glad we got this option.
    Cons: I find the voice navigation through the phone options to be a bit annoying. Also It could be easier to change phones. There is about five steps to change between my wife's phone and my own.
    Pro's: It sounds great with noise canceling and no echo, and overall is executed very nicely. Most important to me the other person can hear you just fine which is not so with some aftermarket installs. Sat radio integrated. Upgraded speakers + sub sound very nice. Much better than my 2008 tacoma regular cab.
    Worth every penny!

7. May 2, 2010 at 2:30 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.

x2 what he said. Mine came with the truck as well. Wish all vehicles had this option and as clear as the Taco's. Definitely one thing they did right.

8. May 2, 2010 at 3:53 PM
    redezman

redezman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Raleigh N.C
    Vehicle:
    2012 4Runner SR5 4x4
    All Factory for now, LOVE it that way
    cant say, never used mine yet.
    my nextel phone wont pair up with it, need to get a blue tooth phone.

the price of the conversion kit for my nextel is more then just up grading my phone.

9. May 2, 2010 at 4:01 PM
    SCFirefighter

SCFirefighter on idiot patrol ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 DC TRD Sport 4x4 5'
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    Is there any way to have this retrofitted if your truck didn't come with it?

10. May 2, 2010 at 7:58 PM
    wylie

wylie Member

Member:
    First Name:
    wylie
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma Dbl cab
    Clarion CX609, Running Boards........one step at a time!!!
    My truck didnt come with it, but I wanted it and the dealership installed it. It's not on the steering wheel like I thought. The switch is located on the left side of the dash. Out of site, have to look for it, light doesnt match.

I like how it works, but absolutley hate where it is mounted. I currently "working" with the dealership on a relocation. I hope it doesnt turn into a fight!! Somehow someway it will be mounted on the wheel by the time I'm done.

11. May 2, 2010 at 8:12 PM
    Tacodog

Tacodog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Redmond, Wa.
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 DCLB TRD Sport SWB
    Planing Stages
    Got my truck yesterday. This feature is the best one on the truck. controls are on the steering wheel. Saleslady had my phone synced before I drove the truck out the doors and off the show room floor.

12. May 3, 2010 at 1:23 AM
    paintdiddy

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    some guy is selling a brand new toyota one for a $100 on craigslist.hope he still has it.not sure if $100 is a good price

13. May 3, 2010 at 5:44 AM
    schus21

schus21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport DC
    I have loved mine so far. Syncs automatically, easy to use, don't have to dig around in my pocket when someone calls....

14. May 3, 2010 at 11:18 AM
    10silvertaco

10silvertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Vehicle:
    no longer own Tacoma, now own 2011 Outback
    I have one but I won't be able to understand what they are saying. I do have cell phone, only text, email and internet options.

Since I am deaf and can be able hear with hearing aids. I do listen music, had to listen same song over and over again so I would know what they are singing about. Or read lyrics from internet or cd cover. That is the reason why I get JBL that comes with blu tooth. JBL help me to hear better than stock.

15. May 3, 2010 at 11:32 AM
    Creemore

Creemore Well-Known Member

Member:
    Toronto
    Vehicle:
    Magnetic grey TRD Sport/leather pkg.
    I like mine, too, but just so this isn't too much of a love-in:

The location of the Bluetooth button is ridiculous. Absolutely blocked by the steering wheel, right next door to the button that disables the stability control. Steering wheel controls would have been worth paying for IMHO.

Also, with my iPhone, the Bluetooth picks up every noise the phone makes including incoming email alerts and text messages. The latter just about stops your heart, and of course any alert noise overrides the stereo for several seconds.

So it's worth having and I think it's pretty good value, but it's not perfect.

16. May 7, 2010 at 6:45 AM
    paintdiddy

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    anyone one know where the best/cheapest place to get the factory bluetooth??

To Top