1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Factory Honda Camera Wire Indentification

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Muy Grande, May 4, 2011.

1. May 4, 2011 at 11:27 PM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    I recently purchased a Factory Clarion Honda Odyssey Backup camera. I would like some help identifying the 4 pin wires so I can hook it up to a my aftermarket HU. My intentions are to solder is up to a Video RCA cable, but need help identifying the which wire is which.

Clarion Camera has 4 wires:
    1. Black
    2. Green
    3. White
    4. Yellow

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Honda Camera 4 wires.jpg
    Video RCA cable.jpg

2. May 5, 2011 at 4:00 AM
    dolbytone

dolbytone Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    This is pure guess:

White - Power +
    Black - Power -
    Yellow - Video +
    Green - Video -

3. May 5, 2011 at 8:57 AM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    Any other guesses......the more the merrier. Also does anybody know if I need to make a 12v to 6v conversion. I have read that some cameras only require 6v and I'm not sure about his one.......

4. May 7, 2011 at 2:25 AM
    sun

sun Well-Known Member

Member:
    Memphis
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner
    Pioneer avic-z130bt with axxess aswc and rear cam mod, audiovox 10 flip down monitor, Pyle pl76d headrest monitors, kicker cvr tens wired down to one ohm with hifonics Brutus 1200.1, Clazzio seat covers, 20% tint on front windows, polished factory exhaust, peragon retractable bed cover, pop n lock tailgate handle with dei actuators for automatic lock, viper 5901 alarm remote start with viper smart start, hid bixenon 4500k headlights with 4500k fog lights, led map license plate lights and dome lights
    As far as takin 12v to 6v easiest thing 2 do pis buy a 12v universal cig adapter that can b switched 2 6v bestbuy have for round 20 or if u have a newer sat radio cig plug that drops 12v to 5v if u think 5v should b enough

5. May 7, 2011 at 2:42 PM
    kristonex

kristonex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland soon to be Denver
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 Access 4x4
    Debadged tailgate - Limo tinted windows - Sockmonkey bed decals - Fully custom upgraded stereo 9 speakers w/custom built subwoofer box 1200 watts total power - swapped white and blue LED gauges - integrated backup camera - removed front mud flaps - All interior lights swapped with LEDS
    Take a voltage meter and check your rca plug end. (assuming that plug comes from the camera) First find the shield which is the outside part of the plug, then the center pin which is the positive. That takes care of the video part then the 2 you have left is power. If one of those is black i would be willing to bet that is the ground then the last one should be your positive for power.

not sure how to tell if its 6 or 12 volts. I would check with 6 first if it doesn't work no harm done its 12. If you try 12 first and its supposed to be 6 you just fried your camera.

6. May 7, 2011 at 6:08 PM
    bookmonke

bookmonke Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC PreRunner Rugged Trail
    Just looking at the way the black wire has shrink wrap low, I guessing it is video shield, if you strip back a little you may find out the video +, and then you got 50/50 chance on the two left. But looking green would be the video +, white + and yellow -. You can test it at 6v first to see if you have video and slowly increase it. Or lastly open the camera up and look at the circuit card for hints.

Products Discussed in

To Top