1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Factory Lock/Unlock "Beep" with Viper Remote Start

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Jreays, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Dec 29, 2010 at 1:53 PM
    killerken

killerken Well-Known Member

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    09 toyota tacoma dbl cab trd
    Access LE Cover Toyota Factory Nerf Bars Dynolock Tail Gate Lock
    When you get this working please let me know I would like to have the beep back with my viper remote start.

2. Jan 5, 2011 at 12:27 PM
    Jreays

Jreays [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 Sport Double
    I just got my refurb 5301 but it didn't include the install guide. Any idea where I can get one?

3. Jun 3, 2014 at 7:25 PM
    Quadsix

Quadsix Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Bonaire, Georgia/Palm Bay, Florida
    Vehicle:
    12 Quadcab TRD Sport Upgrade
    K&N Intake Filter, K&N Cabin Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Tailgate Mod, Wet Okole Seat Covers, WeatherTech rain visors/digital floor mats, 6K HID headlights, 4300 HID fog lights, Westin Bullbar, Westin side steps, Westin Bull Bar, Westin Quadrant LED Aux Lights, Bed mat, Rocky Mount Clutch SD Bike Mounts, LED Bed lights, Blue LED shift indicator
    Damn, I have te Viper 4105v remote start installed on my 2012 DC.. I have been wanting to do this too. I don't like hearing the damn horn. I want the factory chirp when I lock/unlock the doors, but still want the horn to work if the panic button is pressed. My problem is that i have been searching for months on where the wires are located and how exactly to wire it up so I can do that. Anyone have that?

4. Dec 28, 2015 at 12:19 PM
    NJPyro

NJPyro Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 DblCab LB TRD Splort
    I just had a Viper 4105V 'professionally' installed...no chirps or beeps when locking or unlocking or panic mode. I've gotten used to the chirps and they still work with the factory fob.

Has anyone had this installed properly so it works like the factory fob?

Just asking before I go back the the installer and ask for them to do it properly...

5. Jan 1, 2016 at 11:17 PM
    rrivera7

rrivera7 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    I myself just had a viper 4105V installed. would like to find out a way to enable the horn output to work with the panic mode. I read somewhere that the factory default is set to "OFF" by default. Or maybe it may not be connected as other mention.

6. Jan 1, 2016 at 11:34 PM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4L V6 TRD Ext. Cab 4x4 SR5
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    Weird. I'm the opposite. Mines not a second gen but I just got a Viper Smart Start with GPS installed and my previous remote start used my horn for sounds and this new one has the beeps. I want my horn back because I sound ricer now haha

Products Discussed in

To Top