1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fair price for a '15 TRD Pro w/ blower?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RyanL, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Apr 13, 2016 at 5:26 PM
    eon_blue

eon_blue Most Improved Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD 3.4l 4x4 5sp manual Xtraca & '96 4runner 4x4 5spd manual

haha, exactly. On my daily commute to work, I take it easy and just cruise at 65 in the slow lane to get decent mpg, and I watch everyone in LA fly past me getting to the same place maybe a few minutes faster. Doesn't bug me now though cause I know I could beat most of them if I wanted to :cool:

2. Apr 13, 2016 at 5:29 PM
    cory02taco

cory02taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2013 trd super sport
    I've got a pretty slow commute, but there is one section that is two lane, and people like to get in the left turn only lane and cut past the straight lane, then cut you off at the last minute. It's really annoying. So if I can, I smoke em. I used to do it all the time in my STI, by the truck does ok too.

3. Apr 13, 2016 at 5:39 PM
    thebottomline

thebottomline Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pac NW
    Vehicle:
    11 sport
    Well I have to say that the 2.85 pulley is a nice addition and easily doable, but you won't go from 6-8.5 PSI....I haven't seen many people past 7 PSI.
    Regardless, since he just bought the thing, the first thing he needs to do is buy a boost and AFR gauge.
    Then the pulley. I did it during the morning, no specialty tools needed, quite an easy project. Just gotta get a 4 ton 4 inch pulley puller from local store.

4. Apr 13, 2016 at 5:44 PM
    cory02taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2013 trd super sport
    Just out of curiosity what would you gain from an AFR gauge other than knowing what your mixture is? Without an adjustable ECU isn't it just another pretty face on the dash? Not being critical just genuinely curious.

5. Apr 13, 2016 at 5:45 PM
    TacoLand

TacoLand Well-Known Member

Member:
    Congrats on getting the Pro!

I saw a black Pro last week on I-15 just south of Lehi. To date, in the wild, I've only seen that one and an Inferno Pro in Blanding... (not counting dealership Pro's).

6. Apr 13, 2016 at 5:52 PM
    thebottomline

Member:
    Pac NW
    Vehicle:
    11 sport
    You know if you are running lean at wide open throttle, this allows additional upgrades if requires such as fuel pump, 7th injector etc.
    If you are running lean you run the risk of damaged components. Now just the TRD supercharger is fine, but the tune isn't designed to factor in additional upgrades that can lean it out.

cory02taco[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Apr 13, 2016 at 6:06 PM
    Luscious

Luscious Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    Southeastern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport MT, QS DCSB
    Congrats on the Black SC. I have a local car wash that does unlimited deluxe washes and wheel shines for $50/month. Black m/t was my first choice but they couldn't find one, BRM it is...

8. Apr 13, 2016 at 6:37 PM
    crashnburn80

crashnburn80 Vehicle Design Engineer

Member:
    Kirkland, WA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB TRD OR
    Go Hawks!
    I've seen a few people report 8, the highest was 8.5 (abnormal). 8 is only reached when you really mash on it. Of course this is based on the honor system unless they have gauges with memory. But there are obviously multiple parameters that dictate peak psi such as temperature and altitude.

9. Apr 13, 2016 at 8:17 PM
    thebottomline

Member:
    Pac NW
    Vehicle:
    11 sport
    I'm sure there are people even higher than that. I think I meant it as when you are telling someone about a product go with the average or reasonable amount they can expect. typically supercharger does 5.5 PSI and 2.85 adds 1-1.5 PSI. Obviously this is an average though only. More power to you if you are getting 8 PSI, I'm jealous.

10. Apr 13, 2016 at 9:29 PM
    ThomasMore66

ThomasMore66 We can't stop here, this is bat country!

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth & Durango
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2013 TRD Offroad 4wd
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.
    Now let's start talking about the things you can add...

image.jpg

And you have to start drinking better alcohol.

10trdtaco likes this.
  11. Apr 14, 2016 at 5:05 AM
    cory02taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2013 trd super sport

The air pump relocation on your intake looks a lot better than the volant setup.

12. Apr 14, 2016 at 5:44 AM
    hmsailor

hmsailor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB 4X4 TRD spORt
    on most official websites. on the double cab selection, theres only trd prerunner and trd prorunner choices?

13. Apr 14, 2016 at 8:36 AM
    RyanL

RyanL [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Salt Lake City
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD Pro, supercharged, BP-51s, etc
    It could've been the guy I just bought this from. I'm usually around Sandy/Draper, so say hi if you see me. What are you driving?

14. Apr 14, 2016 at 10:36 AM
    Mad Man Marty

Mad Man Marty Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marty
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma SR5 TRD Sport
    6speed, TRD intake, bed tie downs, weathertech rear,Tint
    good luck with it Ryan!

15. Apr 14, 2016 at 3:41 PM
    TacoLand

TacoLand Well-Known Member

Member:
    Driving a white Pro and usually in Salt Lake. I'll keep an eye out for you.

RyanL[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  16. Apr 14, 2016 at 9:05 PM
    ThomasMore66

ThomasMore66 We can't stop here, this is bat country!

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth & Durango
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2013 TRD Offroad 4wd
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.
    Of course it does. That's how I roll. Lol.

17. Sep 2, 2016 at 8:45 AM
    RyanL

RyanL [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Salt Lake City
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD Pro, supercharged, BP-51s, etc
    Hey @TacoLand was that you I saw coming down 114th last night around 6?

Products Discussed in

To Top