1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fair Price on 01 Tacoma W/ TRD Supercharger

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by kckrawford, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Feb 18, 2017 at 12:52 PM
    Clay_916

Clay_916 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    2000 x-cab 4x4
    5100's, All Pro 3" Standard leafs, 32" KM 2's
    You don't see the stock components pop up frequently but that doesn't mean everyone on this forum doesn't have a set in their back yards chilling under a pile of weeds. You could throw up an ISO thread on the market place and I'm sure you'll get some hits. Another thing to consider is the timing belt and water pump. If they haven't been replaced recently and you have the tools/patience to tackle that project you'll score major points with anyone in the market for a Tacoma, high miles or not. I think it's around an $800 job at a shop so even at that route you're not flat out losing money and it'll definitely help move the truck fast or at a higher price.

It won't hurt to make a private ad now either in the mean time but it's certainly not an "easy" $15,000 sell. Good luck. Wish I could afford to make you an offer, it's pretty close to what I'm looking for.

2. Feb 18, 2017 at 12:57 PM
    chaosrob

chaosrob Well-Known Member

Member:
    I sent you a message about it

3. Feb 18, 2017 at 6:50 PM
    kckrawford

kckrawford [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Longview, TX
    Vehicle:
    01 DC Ltd. TRD 4x4
    I may consider that Clay. I would much rather just sell it as a whole so that I don't have to deal with selling everything separate. I work in the oil field and I'm gone 25+ days a month so having to deal with boxing up parts and selling them would be a terrible headache.

It is time for the water pump / timing belt to be done so that is something I would keep in mind with pricing.

I certainly don't think that it's an "easy" 15k. Although i do think it's worth more than the 7k the dealer offered me for it! Haha

4. Feb 18, 2017 at 6:51 PM
    kckrawford

kckrawford [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Longview, TX
    Vehicle:
    01 DC Ltd. TRD 4x4
    Replied rob

Products Discussed in

To Top