1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Faux pas post:

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jefferson, May 4, 2009.

1. May 5, 2009 at 6:05 AM
    TacticalBacon13

TacticalBacon13 Sorry for party rockin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Dunk
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra platinum
    baby seat and a muffler
    a good bit:D

2. May 5, 2009 at 6:06 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    24. two jobs.

Edit: and I eat alot of Ramen noodles
    Edit2: the Ramen noodles are not to make payments, I like'em and their cheap. its how I like to save some money.

3. May 5, 2009 at 6:22 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Then I would say if "IF" part of his statement would apply to you....you are.....so the second part doesn't apply to you....No need to get bent outta shape over it...

4. May 5, 2009 at 6:28 AM
    TacticalBacon13

Member:
    First Name:
    Dunk
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra platinum
    baby seat and a muffler
    :D im not bud i just don't like people thinking since im twenty i dont deserve what i worked for.

5. May 5, 2009 at 6:45 AM
    Viet2100

Viet2100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius 4T
    I've had mine since 18, traded in what my dad gave me ('96 T100) and got myself something more up to date.

6. May 5, 2009 at 6:51 AM
    ninja_taco

ninja_taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '10 Prerunner
    Vanillarama Pinetree Scent
    my 2008 was cheaper to finance than a new kia soul :) thats how i afford it

7. May 5, 2009 at 7:04 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Cheaper per month or cheaper over all?? What is your interest rate??

(Personal curiosity only...Don't answer if you don't want to)

8. May 5, 2009 at 7:20 AM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.
    Some of you older guys need to think before judge people by what they drive. Since I was sixteen I've worked 40 hours a week. I'm a hard worker, became manager of the restaurant I was working at by the time I was 17. Did that till I graduated high school and went to college. College is free or me cause I graduated high school with a 4.0 and a 33 on the act. After a year of college I joined the co-op program woth my school and I got a co-op job making bank. So next time you see that little "brat" just think, he could have worked his ass off for what he has.

9. May 5, 2009 at 7:22 AM
    Joe B

Joe B Well-Known Member

Member:

I respect that.:)
    Guys like you are rare.

10. May 5, 2009 at 7:26 AM
    goofyboy

goofyboy Longhorn.

Member:
    Katy, Tx
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport

Good on you. I was in a similar situation. I was not knocking anyone that is young for having cool stuff. Good for them and for their parents for being able to provide that stuff.

11. May 5, 2009 at 7:28 AM
    FlawedXJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    Thank you. I'm just tired of all the "mommy and daddy" bullshit that gets directed toward a lot of the younger guys on this forum. That's not what this site is about. I don't care if you are worth 50 million dollars or are in debt of your ass. How you spend your money is up to you and if you decide to do so on your truck, then come here and i'll do the best i can to help you with it.

12. May 5, 2009 at 7:30 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    A lot of kids these days were born on second base and believe they hit a double.

13. May 5, 2009 at 7:43 AM
    TacticalBacon13

Member:
    First Name:
    Dunk
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra platinum
    baby seat and a muffler

ahmen brother!

14. May 5, 2009 at 7:43 AM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    thanks lifesaflaw am also am tired of mommy and daddy shit. I had it made growing up my dad was and still is a doctor, i always had the best of things growing up. My first car i began driving was a Tundra TRD which was my moms,she is a general contractor, but she needed more payload. I didnt play many sports as i would work with my mom building and renovating houses after school, she sold the truck when i went to college. I then got my brothers integra b/c he wanted a truck, so my dad bought helped my brother, just graduated from the USNA, out with his truck thus me getting the integra. My dad pays for my college but i pay for all my expenses by working 40 hrs a week doing the graveyard shift at a hotel, and as i said earlier i used the teg to put a down payment down on the truck. i owe somewhere around 6k on my truck which will most likely be paid by the end of the year. I do have some credit card debt b/c i really like modding my truck.
    Im done but what lifesaflaw said leave it alone have fun seeing ppls mods and talking about sh:t that yall have in common. Ppl will always have more stuff and nicer stuff than you do, ALWAYS.

15. May 5, 2009 at 8:06 AM
    BUZZ5

BUZZ5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S.Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner DC TRD Sport
    Many
    I don't know you,but I like your outlook.Props to you for working hard & doing it right!Alot of young guys could learn alot from you.
    I'm near 49 going on 25 & I bought my 1st Tacoma 2 yrs.ago.Been busy raising 2 girls & getting them through college & a wedding,shit it's exspensive!My truck is paid for from years of sacrificing & overtime.Next up is replacing the custom chopper I sold to give my daughter her wedding.If kids are in your future,start saving now & you won't lose your toys when you get my age!:)

16. May 5, 2009 at 9:34 AM
    FlawedXJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    I just hope my kids took the initiative I did. I originally got a job cause I hated asking for money from my parents.

17. May 5, 2009 at 9:53 AM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    I have scholarships and grants that help me with my Taco payments. I pay for my truck a couple months in advance. I paid for 5 months (up to the summer) because I will be working 40 hrs/week in the summer. Then I will wait for the next semester to come up and start over again. I live with my GF, we cut rent in half, so I am able to get by with a part-time job and school. I work with what works for me.

IN MY OPINION:
    As far as age goes. You have two options: (just as life) 1)You work with what you got. OR 2)You work to what you want.

18. May 5, 2009 at 9:57 AM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter

I agree. My parents have been there for me since H.S. Once I turned 18, I took the responsibility to manage my life. I am thankful for what my parents have done for me. In the future, I hope to return a great favor for the both of them. Thank you MOM & DAD!

Thank you to all them parents/guardians out in TW!
    :thumbsup:

19. May 5, 2009 at 10:13 AM
    BLUVVV

BLUVVV LARGE Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryce
    Valley Center, CA
    Vehicle:
    11' A/C TRD O-R PreRunner
    flowmaster 40, blackout headlights, 10'' infinity subwoofer, custom rear enclosure, kicker mono amp. 5100's set at 2.5'', 32'' pro Comp Xtreme M/T tires, Pioneer dub din head unit, K&N CAI, MB Motorsports V-Drive rims
    I think I'm in the middle on this one...I'm almost 23...I have been working part time since i was 15, I learned to save the money I've earned to put towards the things i want...mainly cars and trucks...I have made my payments on my cars since i was 17 (i was living at home) but it paved the way for my impeccable credit today. Still working part time and going to school when i turned turned 21 i was able to PAY and and be financed (BY MY SELF) for my current Tacoma...I know its possible for a "Kid" to have nice things...but Ive noticed since HS all the kids who got super nice cars from mommy and daddy and they have no idea how hard and difficult it is to have expensive and nice things..they don't know the process and feel it is expected!

20. May 5, 2009 at 10:17 AM
    plmber58

plmber58 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner sr5 package Pyrite Mica color
    BLU Logic, Ipod interface, storage lock box for existing storage area, debadged, new color grill, wet okole seat covers, coming a Kenwood DNX6140 radio head unit, and a Protecta bed mat
    My parents were there for me also but I started working at 14 granted it was my uncles garage but I was making the money for myself. With that money I bought my first car at 17 a Ford Fairlane 500 Yeah I am that old just turned 60. Greatest pride was buying the car on my own it was used but it was mine. Luckily my parents helped with the insurance. A lot of people at school were jealous but they never worked. I busted my ass for that car. I do not know if Burgman would agree but working for relatives is rough as they seem to expect more from you.

Now I drive an 09 and feel like 25 well OK 35

Just my .02 worth

Products Discussed in

To Top