1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Favorite Bass fishing bait?

Discussion in 'Boating & Fishing' started by oneBIGroom, May 9, 2012.

1. VirginiaBound

VirginiaBound Whyareyoureadingthis?

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam I am, green eggs and ham
    North of Maine, South of Spain
    I've just gotten into the world of jigs, rigs and lures.

I have tried gulp 1 inch minnows just slapped on a hook and had plenty of brim and small bass, much more than I ever have with live bait. I've tried hard lures in the past without luck.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction? I fish in mostly dark water like rivers and creeks.

Has anyone personally tired gulp alive minnows on small jigs and had luck?

It's funny how one day I'll catch seven bass along the bank and the next not even a bite.

2. jhodge83

jhodge83 Any dog under 50# is a cat and cats are useless... Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Timberland Mica DC 4WD Sport
    wat?
    texas rigged black/blue tail worm/lizzard

3. Leoffensive

Leoffensive Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 prerunner TRD sport
    Icon 2.5 coilovers with resi, Custom OMD rear leaf pack, Pelfreybilt IFS skid, Magnaflow muffler
    roboworm texas rig. color depends on water conditions

4. Jojack

Jojack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Lacassine LA
    Vehicle:
    2011 4 door long bed 4x4
    Bilstein 5100 at 2.5", 1" rear blocks, TSB 4 leaf pack, Wolf Springs Fab Custom tube bumper, anytime fog light mod
    Zoom bubble gum trick worm! Yeah it's pink but the bass love it! Rigged Texas rig or whacky worm. No weight!

5. VirginiaBound

VirginiaBound Whyareyoureadingthis?

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam I am, green eggs and ham
    North of Maine, South of Spain
    After some trial and error, I have caught a ton of big bass with the wacky rigged Senko.

I'm finding it's more about where to fish rather than how to fish. At the river, I caught one pike and a few bluegill. Using the same methods at a private pond, I caught 14 nice bass without any effort.

Trying the zoom black worms in the morning wacky rigged, wish me luck!

6. Black Taco

Black Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    WPB,FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 Black Tacoma DC 4x4 4.0L TRD Off-Road
    Not stock.
    Killin' It with Storm baby (chug) bug!

089.jpg
    090.jpg

7. toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Nice fish!!!!! I want a peacock myself....

8. Black Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    WPB,FL
    Vehicle:
    Not stock.
    Thanks, you get spoiled and don't even want to catch largemouth anymore. They're definitely coming back in south Florida. They died off after a cold winter a few years back. Livin' the Dream! Lol.

115.jpg

9. toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Def need to go fishing there then. I know some people in WPB, maybe I can talk the wife into visiting next year.

10. toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ^^^I'm staring!!!!

11. toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ..............must stop staring

12. Black Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    WPB,FL
    Vehicle:
    Not stock.
    The warmer the water, the better so Delray Beach south to Miami. Only 20 minutes south of West Palm.

13. srsnow

srsnow Member

Member:
    5" thin senko watermelon black flake wacky rigged. I am a huge fan the Strike King bitsy bug in 1/4 ounce, 4.5" robo worm in folkstead special/aarons magic drop shotted.

14. GEORGE STRAIT

GEORGE STRAIT (Not the real George Strait)

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Da Magic City, AL
    Vehicle:
    Smart Fortwo '10 Hybrid
    texas rig and berely GULP! are the way to go. GULP alive is the best artificial bait I've ever used

15. toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:

I want to find a spot that I can use huge live bait like that and catch some fish!!!!

16. Tripps2012

Tripps2012 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5
    Zoom lizards in june bug and cherry seed Texas and Carolina rigged. I also like the trick worms with no weight around rip rap had the most luck with white and black.

17. jeckel7234

jeckel7234 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Add-a-Leaf, Leveling Kit, 31.5 Nitto Grapplers, Mag-Lite Mod, Anit-Key in the ignition beep mod, Tail gate theft mod, Trifecta tonneau cover, washable cabin air filter,
    where can i get this?

18. T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Caught this............
    [​IMG]

and this..........
    [​IMG]

....in my neighborhood "lakes" using frozen weiners. Not sure how well that'd work in real lakes and have not heard of anyone winning bass tournaments using them but hey, cheap reusable & no stinky so OK for it's purpose in the hood, lol.......

19. blitz

blitz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    cape cod
    MS Slammer
    [​IMG]

20. TuFerLife

TuFerLife 2 4 LIFE!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    '06 Boosted Lifted 4X4 DCSB
    URD MKII Stage 2 supercharger, APR X-1 ECU, DTLT L1 series, Pro Comp 6" lift (stage 1), 20" KMC XD Monsters wrapped in 35x12.50 Pro Comp Extreme AT's, Icon DR coilovers, Icon DR Billet UCA's, Custom Dual exhaust - Magnaflow X muffler to 2 Bassani mufflers with tuned pipes to eliminate drone at 2-3000 RPM, Redline hood struts, Spider Trax front wheel spacers 1.25", Line-X'd 2" nFab nerf bars and Avid Light Bar, Illumination Supply 30" double row spot/flood combo LED light bar, Bushwhacker pocket style flares, 13tw5 in Mr. Marv box and memphis door speakers, URD Short Shifter, TRD Shift Knob Carbon Fiber hood Skewp, AsianAnts FXR projectors
    Sub'd... I've had fantastic luck with a white fluke on a 1oz scrounger... Fishing deep during the summer... Anyone ever used them?

To Top