1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Favorite beers?

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by A.D., Jan 5, 2009.

1. Jun 30, 2013 at 1:51 PM
    facemob

facemob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    1st state
    Vehicle:
    03 V6 Manual, TRD
    OME 881, Nitrochargers front and rear, diff drop, Wheelers 3 Leaf AAL, Supertop, shitty brush guard and a hole in the muffler
    Thought the beer heads may like this.

Also Heady Topper is the shit

2. Jun 30, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    hogeyphenogey

hogeyphenogey If only it would snow here in Mass...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Chicopee, MA
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport Ext cab
    Truxedo tonneau cover, TRD skid plate, red calipers, Mesh grille, chrome door handles, Grid-It center console mod, debadged, Redline hood struts, Redline tailgate strut, LED dome, map, and plate lights
    belhaven Scottish beer, come in the tall cans with the widget. Mmm.

3. Jul 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Havent had one of these since I was in TX in 2009 to visit and when I was station there in 1999....

[​IMG]

4. Sep 10, 2013 at 5:10 AM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Keegan Ale's Mother's milk. A dark beer like Guiness only smoother and not bitter at all.

[​IMG]

5. Sep 10, 2013 at 5:51 AM
    Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 rc 4x4
    My favorite beer is Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. It's only sold in Kentucky so if you find yourself in Kentucky pick up a 4 pack. It will cost between $10 and $12 but it's worth it.

The beers with the biggest health benefits, I tell myself, are the hoppier beers like pale ales and ipa's. Saw somewhere that the hoppier beer, if you drink huge amounts, can ware off the cold virus. Heard on a brewery tour that hops are good for prostate health.

I enjoy trying new beers.

6. Sep 10, 2013 at 6:09 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    '07 FJ
    Big fan of Elysian's current offerings: Men's Room Red, Superfuzz Blood Orange ale and Night Owl Pumpkin ale.

7. Sep 11, 2013 at 1:39 PM
    Loutennant

Loutennant Lurker Extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Augusta, GA
    #1 all time fave is Alaskan Amber. Somewhere toward the top would also be Brewdog Punk IPA, Sam Adam's Imperial White, Ninkasi Sleigh'r, and a myriad of others.

I'm like the OP, I love a variety of styles as long as it's well done. Age it in barrels of some sort, put an ungodly amount of hops in it, make it so dark and thick it's more like a stew, whatever. They all have their own place. I tend to judge a brewery by their amber ale and IPA, probably my fave 2 styles.

To Top