1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fear The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Chipskip, May 11, 2015.

1. Sep 17, 2018 at 12:15 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    That bitch is crazy

2. Sep 18, 2018 at 8:19 AM
    bucktales

bucktales *Retired* curmudgeon

Member:
    Ct.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport AC / 2014 FJC/ 1972 Rally Nova
    I am just amazed at the lack of weapons in the last few episodes. An IV stand? Really?

3. Sep 21, 2018 at 5:39 AM
    North Star

North Star I keep planets in orbit

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    07' Double Cab 4x4
    N-fab side steps, Extang hard tonneau cover, Terra Grappelers
    Heck yeah that bitch is crazy! All because people wouldn't stop to help her already dying husband.

Man, I didn't want to see the beer guy go. He was a good character! Now who's going to make beer in the apocalypse?!

Looks like Charlie and Alicia may have found Strand and John. I am looking forward to all the cast getting back together before the finale.

Bigdaddy4760 likes this.
  4. Sep 21, 2018 at 6:47 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Alicia and Charlie are standing in the exact spot where the walkers entered the water and were attacked by the gator

Bigdaddy4760 likes this.
  5. Oct 1, 2018 at 9:10 AM
    Kohan21n

Kohan21n A caffeine dependent life form - IG @dizzy.trd

Member:
    Nazareth, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB MGM 6MT
    Glad this show is done. I posted here last year this time saying S3 was the best season of any Walking Dead show. S4 was the worst. Thanks Gimple for ruining one awesome show..

6. Oct 1, 2018 at 12:07 PM
    BKill

BKill AKA Threadkiller

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma PreRunner
    We have multiple channels because not everyone is going to like the same things. I enjoyed this year. I’ve been thinking that the way the story line has been going that both shows might be headed towards a merger, but last night’s episode took an unexpected turn. The ultimate group decision to become a beacon of hope takes this show in a different direction, I think. The whole basis for both shows was always conflict, and I don’t see that changing, but maybe it’s not headed towards a showdown with another group. We'll see.

7. Oct 1, 2018 at 12:09 PM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    Finally got caught up on the last 4 episodes. Pretty decent, I guess.
    Can't understand why so many people opted not to off the crazy bitch. So many chances.

Bigdaddy4760 likes this.
  8. Oct 1, 2018 at 1:32 PM
    Kohan21n

Member:
    Nazareth, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB MGM 6MT
    The season was a complete joke. Absolutely horrible compared to season 3. How does a 65 year old woman get the jump on people half her age? What was so difficult about this villian? She's not even scary and gets freaked out by anyone using the word help.

Don't even get me started on them killing off basically all the main characters and forcing this stupid plot just so we could have a crossover.

From the acting (besides Strand and Alicia) to the 'storyline' this was absolutely comical. I was a DIEHARD walking dead fan. Watched every episode. But I gave up a month ago on this show. I watched the finale just to laugh.

Bring back Dave Erickson!

Bigdaddy4760 likes this.
  9. Oct 1, 2018 at 1:54 PM
    BKill

BKill AKA Threadkiller

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma PreRunner
    Okay, we get it. You don’t like the show.

Bigdaddy4760 likes this.
  10. Oct 1, 2018 at 1:59 PM
    Kohan21n

Member:
    Nazareth, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB MGM 6MT
    Not being mean or anything. Just really was a passionate fan watching every week, even talking dead. Hate that it went down the toilet and hate that it wasted my time. Ratings are way way low for it.

11. Oct 1, 2018 at 2:13 PM
    BKill

BKill AKA Threadkiller

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma PreRunner
    But see, not everyone agrees that it went down the toilet as you put it.

12. Oct 1, 2018 at 2:18 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Was hoping they'd all die except for Morgan.

Bigdaddy4760 likes this.
  13. Oct 1, 2018 at 2:23 PM
    Kohan21n

Member:
    Nazareth, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB MGM 6MT
    I gotcha. Just stating my opinion since that's what this thread is about.

Just curious, what did you like about this season?

14. Oct 1, 2018 at 3:06 PM
    cruxofthebisquit

cruxofthebisquit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Orange Texas
    Vehicle:
    2000 TRD
    OME and worth every penny.
    Well, Morgan was consistent in his portrayal of Morgan. Changing shows didn't shake his wishey-washeyness (Yea, I know, it's supposed to be turmoil but that's not the vibe I get) so we watched him and his new show flounder all season before thankfully deciding which direction to turn in the final moments. Thank God for the small favor that they cleared up the 'tease' that had been brewing all season that the shows would join up and not have left us a cliff hanger, I'm surprised.

I loved the old clear antifreeze in the drinking water trick. Gets 'em every time. Anybody too stupid to be able to get out the remaining half tanker of ethanol deserved to die though, not get better from beer which is like the worst way to ingest ethanol. What happened to Strands love of carrying a bottle of whiskey then?

Why not show the truck as empty when shot? That would have carried some sympathy towards the group instead of pity at their stupidity. No writing awards this season (again) I'm afraid.

15. Oct 1, 2018 at 4:55 PM
    Bigdaddy4760

Bigdaddy4760 Well traveled Older Than Dirt

Member:
    First Name:
    Maner
    Poolville Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma DCLB TRD OR, 2004 DCSB
    I miss the beer guy

16. Oct 1, 2018 at 5:31 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    He was cool

Bigdaddy4760[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Oct 1, 2018 at 5:57 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    I like the new characters , thought they were going to kill off Morgan

Glad they aren't going to Alexandria , that seemed too weird

Bigdaddy4760 likes this.
  18. Oct 1, 2018 at 6:07 PM
    BKill

BKill AKA Threadkiller

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma PreRunner
    Not so much about what I like about the show as it is what I don’t dislike. There’s a term used in theater...”willing suspension of dis-belief.” Basically means you overlook some things. I don’t let little incongruities bother me. If I like the story line, I watch the show. If I watch the show I begin to understand and empathize with the characters. If I empathize with the characters, I come back the next week to see what’s happening with them.

I like these characters. I like Morgan coming over from the other show. His internal struggle, angst, if you will, is a common vehicle in literature, movies/TV shows, and life, for that matter. Watch Game of Thrones...they’ve got angst coming out the wazoo. I like to see characters change and evolve. One of the basics of these shows is that popular characters are going to die, which is a huge change from shows I grew up with, where the main characters always survived and the people around them died.

I mean, look at the original Star Trek. They kind of paradied what happened in that show on the movie Galaxy Quest, where Sam Rockwell just knew he was going to die because he was crewman #7. The unnamed crew members were always the ones to die. They couldn’t even kill Spock off in the movie franchise. They had to bring him back in the next movie.

I like to see the change in Alycia..I like to see John fall in love with June, or whatever her name was. I like the truckers. I liked Jimbo. I really like Al and the way they use her to get to the back stories. So yeah, for now we have a happy ending, although we all know that when the show resumes, if it resumes, it won’t, and can’t be one big happy family.

What I don’t want to see is the same story repeated over and over, a la Rick. People change, so let them change and open up new and varied story lines.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    OZ-T and Kohan21n like this.
  19. Oct 10, 2018 at 5:24 AM
    North Star

North Star I keep planets in orbit

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    07' Double Cab 4x4
    N-fab side steps, Extang hard tonneau cover, Terra Grappelers
    I also enjoyed the season. It had more of an apocalypse feel again. Last season was okay, but the fight with the hippies was kind of lame overall. But, it got the story to where it is presently, which I like. Yes, there are some dumb TV stuff going on, but that's TV for ya. The ethonal tanker was supposed to be full, and a dozen bullet holes wouldn't have caused the whole tanker to leak out in minutes. That thing would go for hours and would have been more than enough time to put the bucket under one of those holes. But whatev's, it brought in Morgan with Jimbo's beer as a heroic send-off for poor Jim. :cheers:

That factory with a hydro generator looks like a good place to set up shop. I am looking forward to next season to see what comes about.

I agree that the cast of characters are good too.

BKill likes this.
  20. Mar 9, 2019 at 7:58 PM
    ThunderCookies

ThunderCookies This is the Wait

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    Catching up finally. Just watched the episode where Nick died. I think I had been spoiled it was coming but thought he’d make it further in the season. Only 3 episodes in. He was always my favorite on this show :pout:

Products Discussed in

To Top