1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FedEx isn't perfect...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Yaberries, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Sep 16, 2008 at 11:10 AM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    10 minutes unaccounted for. If someone is following behind the driver, and it does happen, then 10 minutes is too long. So, as I suspected, the package was left alone and could've been stolen. Thanks for clarifying.

2. Sep 16, 2008 at 11:33 AM
    Yaberries

Yaberries [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Was 08 PreRunner Off-Road, Now 2015 TRD Off-Road Super White
    Front D-Rings, Blacked out grill & surround
    Dam, that would suck. I really hope that isn't what happened.

3. Sep 16, 2008 at 11:46 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    Just so everyone is clear...just because a "sticker" says signature required doesn't mean FedEx or UPS has to capture a signature for that package. The shipper (meaning the business that sent the package) has to pay extra for that type of service if they are delivering a package to a residence. Stickers don't tell us what to do. It's the tracking number itself and the information imbedded in it. Signatures are usually captured for all business deliveries anyways unless a release form has been signed by the recipient. FYI. Have a good one guys.

4. Sep 17, 2008 at 6:03 AM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft

True, but if you're "supposed" to sign for packages in general shouldn't that be like a slap in the face reminding you to? (Not saying you do this, just UPS/FedEx/DHL/Airborn Express in general) Or at the very least, knock on the door to let someone know it's there? I mean, shit, my grandparents could have had their diabetes supplies stolen or ruined because that UPS guy was too f'n lazy to raise his hand and hit the door. :rolleyes:

FWIW, EVERY package that comes to my office via FedEx, DHL and UPS is signed for no matter who sent it. Same with every package ever delivered to my place of residence when the driver bothered to get my attention instead of drop n run.

Those companies aren't like the postal service that just leave shit in a box on the side of the road and walk away. Every one of them I've seen carrying a scanner to mark as delivered and capture a signature. I'm guessing usually the driver if the recipient doesn't sign. And I'm not asking to NOT deliver if no one signs since I hate driver 30 miles to a depot after leaving work early to get there, but use some common sense! Put it under a roof, or at a back door, knock on the door, ring the door bell. I mean, don't leave it on the front door step, in the rain, on a busy street, and walk away without thinking it'll get ruined by the rain or stolen by some punk riding by on a bike. Is that too much to ask for? It's not like people can take a day off from work to wait around for package between the hours of 12 and 5 to sign for it. (which is something that bugs me about cable installers, but that's another thing. :D )

5. Sep 17, 2008 at 6:16 AM
    Imrubicon

Imrubicon Wife thinks I am done Modding truck

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 Access 4X4 SR5
    Shhh! the wife thinks I dont do mods on trucks anymore
    Fedex is the cheapest for a reason They drop a package off and its still rocking when they squeal tires driving away.
    Seen it more than ones as my wife gets packages three or fpour times a week from work.
    Her company uses Fedex.
    Another story of you get what you pay for

6. Sep 17, 2008 at 6:30 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    I had a similiar experience with UPS who dropped it on a back porch never to be seen again.

My postal carrier is great tho, comes down my private road & rings the bell for all my packages. :D
    Sometimes the fedex/dhl/ups folks do too.

If something is suppose to be signed for, I agree, ring the bell or leave a sticky if not there! Its not rocket science.

I have friends who work both ups & fedex.... they can't keep new help whose worth a damn & seniority have better routes but still have to bust to keep up, mgmt always nipping at their heels..... I've seen trucks for all including the P.O. out at all hours of the night. :eek

Here's to a successful dashmat delivery :drunk:

7. Sep 17, 2008 at 5:25 PM
    Taco's for All

Taco's for All Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake George, NY
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Off Road Double Cab
    Nothing at the moment
    UPS and Fedex knew my landlord very well as he owns the major Auto Repair shops in the area. I live in his old house and he lives 2 houses down the road, down a very long driveway. On various occasions, he's called to tell me that my package arrived at his house. Being that he sees the drivers every day at work, he finally mentioned this to him. They told him that they were so used to just bringing the stuff that was addressed for my house over to his new house they continued to do so (even with a name that is COMPLETELY different from his. They finally got the picture and this has since stopped. Fortunately I haven't had anything lost or stolen yet so I thankful.

8. Sep 17, 2008 at 5:54 PM
    Okkine

Okkine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma, V6, Manual Transmission, 4x4
    Might not work for large items, and some companies might not like it, but I have, at times, just given my work address instead of my home address.

9. Sep 17, 2008 at 6:00 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    I do that when I remember! Or when my wife was working too. Now that she's home I don't bother unless I want something a few hours early. :D Then I don't have to wait until I get home. :laugh:

10. Sep 17, 2008 at 7:29 PM
    Yaberries

Yaberries [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Was 08 PreRunner Off-Road, Now 2015 TRD Off-Road Super White
    Front D-Rings, Blacked out grill & surround
    FWIW I added pics of the Dashmat in the original post.

11. Sep 17, 2008 at 8:06 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    I know that is totally funny how we've gotten off track from the INFAMOUS dashmat. But I want you all (Taco Bros) to be informed of our policy when ordering parts for your truck. After all our drivers for FedEx Ground are Contractors and not employees. They have a lot at stake if a claim is filed. In some cases the cost of the item comes out of their paycheck. Signatures are always required for business deliveries not residential deliveries unless the shipper pays for that extra service or if certain items are being delivered like alcohol. Contractors are never to sign on behalf of any customer. It's an integrity issue and we take it seriously. On a little note, they do move quick because of the number of stops they do in a day. Hope the rest of your experiences are good ones and that 1 bad one doesn't over shadow the others.

12. Sep 18, 2008 at 12:43 AM
    Marioso

Marioso Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
  13. Sep 18, 2008 at 12:44 AM
    Marioso

Marioso Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
    i dont liek those covers but u have a good reason for them and i respect that

Products Discussed in

To Top