1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Feedback plz- Cali Raised LED light bar

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by TRDinOhio, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Mar 18, 2017 at 10:08 PM
    CaliRaisedLed

CaliRaisedLed Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Texas (DFW)
    Yes we offer the same kind of deal for the 4Runner too, and all our bars are IP68, and unfortunately those are all the photos we have and since we have switched to 5D light bars we haven't gotten any new output pictures of the too. But the spot is a very concentrated beam. Where the flood spot combo still has a cendentrated spot but also floods shooting to the side so you have more of a 180 degree type of light.

TRDinOhio[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  2. Mar 29, 2017 at 7:03 AM
    Bishop2Queens6

Bishop2Queens6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB SR5 4x4
    Icon 2.5 RR/w CDCV 700# springs Front Shocks JBA UCA's Wheeler's Offroad Superbump Front Bump Stops Icon 2.5 RR/w CDCV 4"+ Rear Shocks AllPro Expo Rear Leaf Pack Timbren Rear Bump Stops ARB Front Bumper @Shmellmopwho Rock Sliders w/ Kickout RCI Aluminum Front Skid Plate Prinsu Roof Rack Roll-N-Lock Tonneau Cover CBI Ditch Light Brackets Cali-Raised LED Ditch Lights Cali-Raised Amber Fogs Cali-Raised Flush Mount LED Pods
    I have 6 LED pods on my truck from Cali raised. The 2x3 ditch, 2x3 flush pods, and the 2x3 amber spot. One of the Amber spots had a bad seal and collected water inside the housing. The light still functioned, but I worried about the electrical long term. Contacted cali raised, they got back to me same day, told me to ship it back to them and they'll send me a replacement for free.

So far, after 2 years of running cali raised lights, I haven't had any issues but the one, and cali raised customer service is top notch.

3. Mar 29, 2017 at 7:05 AM
    moe2o4

moe2o4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR Silver 2.7L 5 Speed
    OME 3" Lift, 32" Tires, Lots of Mods!
    ChilliTaco likes this.
  4. Sep 14, 2018 at 1:12 PM
    Greenbean

Greenbean B.S. Goodwrench

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Western NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 AC 2.7L 5-spd 4x4 Utility Package

Combo lens or spot? Looks impressive to me!

5. Sep 14, 2018 at 1:24 PM
    CaliRaisedLed

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Texas (DFW)
    This one is a combo lens with the flood/spot. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

moe2o4 and Greenbean[QUOTED] like this.
  6. Sep 15, 2018 at 6:21 AM
    moe2o4

moe2o4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR Silver 2.7L 5 Speed
    OME 3" Lift, 32" Tires, Lots of Mods!
    Combo Lens @Greenbean

Greenbean[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Oct 28, 2019 at 4:51 PM
    dirtnsmores

dirtnsmores A camping truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB Prerunner
    OME885/5100, DAKAR MED-DUTY, SOFTOPPER
    What do you guys prefer... Combo light or spot? I bought one used thinking it was the combo light but turns out it's the spot only. Haven't installed it yet.

Thinking... Since I got a good deal on it. I'll install this and also get the LED fogs to get some spread and that should be enough.

Edit... It's a 32in to be mounted in the stealth lower bumper position

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    CaliRaisedLed and stbear like this.
  8. Oct 28, 2019 at 11:50 PM
    stbear

stbear Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE PA
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD Sport MGM
    I have the combo mounted stealth. I lose a little of the spread but it still throws a good amount to the side.

dirtnsmores likes this.
  9. Oct 29, 2019 at 9:40 AM
    CaliRaisedLed

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Texas (DFW)
    That's exactly what I would do!

10. Oct 29, 2019 at 12:56 PM
    dirtnsmores

dirtnsmores A camping truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB Prerunner
    OME885/5100, DAKAR MED-DUTY, SOFTOPPER
    I had a feeling you'd say that

11. Oct 30, 2019 at 4:27 AM
    DRobs

DRobs Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota 4Runner OR
    Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Eibach Pro Truck Lift, Warn Low Pro Bumper, Warn VR10 Winch
    I have a Cali Raised Combo light bar mounted on their behind the grill mount on my 2019 4Runner.

[​IMG]

CaliRaisedLed likes this.
  12. Oct 30, 2019 at 8:34 AM
    CaliRaisedLed

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Texas (DFW)
    Looking good Dan!

DRobs[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Oct 30, 2019 at 10:37 AM
    DRobs

DRobs Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota 4Runner OR
    Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Eibach Pro Truck Lift, Warn Low Pro Bumper, Warn VR10 Winch
    Thanks Jake.

CaliRaisedLed likes this.
  14. Nov 5, 2019 at 10:11 PM
    Neil O

Neil O Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Neil
    Beverly MA
    Vehicle:
    08 quad cab 4x4
    Very curious if anyone else had and solved the vibration/buffeting issue, Ive about had it, thinking bout taking it off and sucking up the loss, Ive got the 52" with caliraised brackets. Love the look and light thrown, cant stand the vibration, anything over 40 MPH.

15. Jun 2, 2020 at 5:08 AM
    Cyrusjj

Cyrusjj SHREDITOR

Member:
    Charlotte NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma Prerunner
    VICE UNLIMITED custom bumper PRP Race Seats Advanced Fiber Glass Bedsides and fenders Baja Kits Pre-Runner Long Travel Front suspension Kings 2.5 Reservoir Front Coil overs Total Chaos Gusseted front spindles Camburg Rear Bed Cage Camburg Spring Under Long Travel Rear Deaver Rear Leaf Packs Kings 18" Triple Bypass Rear Shocks Pedal Commander Tru-Trac diff 4.77 Re gear aFe Momentum Gt Intake System aFe Mach Force 3" Cat Back System Spider Trax 1.5" Rear spacers Full LED swap out throughout Shift Knob, Climate knobs, radio knobs Rear View relocation bracket Expedition Essentials 2TPAM USB Powered Accessory Mount All Pro IFS Skid Plate All Pro Apex Rock Sliders Kicker Q series speaker upgrade throughout Cerwin Vega 10" sub under Driver seat Alpine 4 channel X-A70F Amp under passenger seat. 1200 Watt Inverter Dynamat on floors and inner and outer doors HID Headlights Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Front rotors Ceramic brake pads BFG KO2 315/70 R17 Method NV Wheels Caliraised Light Bar Future Plans URD Supercharger
    SAME HERE !!!!
    Very curious if anyone else had and solved the vibration/buffeting issue, Ive about had it, thinking bout taking it off and sucking up the loss, Ive got the 52" with caliraised brackets. Love the look and light thrown, cant stand the vibration, anything over 40 MPH.
    @CaliRaisedLed
    Can we get some help here? I got a light bar I cant use and some holes in my A pillar.

16. Jun 2, 2020 at 5:46 AM
    Tertius420

Tertius420 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Annapolis Valley - Nova Scotia - Canada
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tacoma TRD OR AC
    Weathertech floor mats, CaliRaisedLED 30" bumper light bar, CaliRaisedLED Ditch Lights - yet to be installed, CaliRaisedLED 52" Light Bar - not sure if I'm going to install...
    I bought the 52" lightbar, mounting brackets, and wiring harness/button, the 30" lightbar, mounting brackets and wiring harness/button, and the ditch lights, brackets and harness/button and all of it was damaged in shipping due to poor packaging. I contacted Cali Raised and ended up getting a 15% refund which honestly left a bad taste in my mouth, but me being on the East Coast of Canada made it seem like I had no choice so I just accepted this and moved on.

I installed the wiring for them all and found that the length of the wiring harness cables from the battery to the Cali Raised relay holder were not long enough so I had to run them over the fuse box cover which kind of pissed me off but it's not a HUGE deal I guess. I installed the 30" bar and brackets with no issues but didn't have the confidence to drill the holes for the 52" bar and I needed a cover for it anyway as it's not legal in my province without it being covered. I had someone making covers for my ditch lights so I didn't get them installed as of yet either. During the making of the cover they dropped a light and it broke the plug on the end of the cable from one of the lights but I haven't had a chance as of yet to figure out what the type of plug is and get it replaced, I'm hoping to get the plug name and a replacement this week or next.

I ended up going out and testing the 30" bumper lightbar and I realized holy crap this thing is bright!! Like, honestly, with the 30" I felt like the 52" was not required at all, but I still plan to install it... assuming someone out there can confirm they were able to install it with no vibration issue?? I like the look of it but vibrations really annoy me so I'll wait and see if anyone has successfully installed this light with no vibration issue first??

All in all I really like the quality of these lights, I've driven through some deep water holes with the 30" on and have had no condensation or leaking issues at all and the damn thing has been fully submerged while on, great quality to the light itself IMHO!

Once I have everything installed (truck is at the body shop for the next two weeks and I still need to find a replacement plug for one of the ditch lights and get a cover made for the 52" lightbar) I am planning to post a Youtube video with my thoughts and a full review of the lights with footage of all of the various lights on and all of the combo's to let people see how bright they truly are.

Hope you all have a great day!

Chad

17. Jun 3, 2020 at 8:26 AM
    danielgonzzz

danielgonzzz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    Stawk as FUCK!
    Jesus lol shit luck