1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

feel like carTruck is pulling forward at a stop and mushy brakes

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Madchild, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Mar 26, 2009 at 10:45 AM
    Madchild

Madchild [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bloomington MN
    Slim's HID, Tonnau Cover
    My 4x4 09 LB DC only had 300 miles on it. Every time I'm at a stop with the brakes pressed. I feel like the car wants to keep moving forward. I've never owned a automatic car before but drove my dad's auto Accord multiply times and I never had to press the brakes so hard to keep the car from rear ending the vehicle in front of me.

I've done a search and it seems like a lot of people are having the same issue.

Whats the best way to resolve this problem?

Also the BRAKES ARE HORRIBLE. I can't believe they are this bad on a brand new truck. There is absolutely no feel to them at all. They are by far the worst brakes I have ever felt. Probably worst then my Honda XR50 drum brakes.

Can you take this to the dealership and have the bleed it under warranty?

2. Mar 26, 2009 at 12:36 PM
    FL Forester

FL Forester Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Tallahassee, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM Double Cab
    None yet
    Take it to the dealership for any little problem while it is under warranty. You paid for it, use it.

3. Mar 26, 2009 at 1:05 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    +1- They should look at/adjust the brakes for free. If they still doesn't satisfy you- consider some better lines, fluid, and pads (rotors if you want to go REAL crazy).

and there are some other folks around who had some luck with having additional differential oil (i think) added to cure that surge...under warranty.

4. Mar 26, 2009 at 1:21 PM
    InaKoma08

InaKoma08 INAKOMA08

Member:
    Nokesville, VA
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Access Cab
    FABTECH 6" Lift, 17x9 Moto Metal MO951, 35x12.50x17 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ, Line Of Fire, Jardine Catback,
    My truck lurches forward at times when Im stopped at a light as well. I found some website alittle while ago some guy posted about it and i think it might have been a recall. You're not the only one with these problems though. Just take it to the dealer and tell them about it. Im sure they have heard of this problem before.

- Matt

5. Mar 26, 2009 at 2:02 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic 09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff...I'm pretty sure
    East Bay, CA
    Vehicle:
    Quite possibly, someday...
    Huh...this is interesting to hear. I have this problem with my Mazda but that's because the 4 banger can't handle being stopped with the A/C on in Drive. Hopefully you get it fixed!

6. Mar 26, 2009 at 3:17 PM
    Major

Major Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2009 V-6 Tacoma Crew TRD off-road
    Husky Liners, Predator Running Boards, Undercover, TRD air filter, TRD front skid plate, TRD front brake pads, tint, TRD bed mat, Alpine Speakers and Alpine Amp, chrome grill cover
    My 09 DC felt the same way when it was brand new and as it got some miles the brakes have gotten much better. It used to feel as though you had to have a heavy foot when stopped to simply hold the vehicle in place and now it is a light pressure. Not sure if it actually got better or I just got more used to it - but in either case I have no issues after some mileage. Now at 7500 miles and it seemed to have gotten better at about the first oil change (5K). Not saying I wouldn't have the dealer check it out - but this was my experience.

To Top