1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Feeler: 05+ Steering Rack & Pinion

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by rzimm001, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Apr 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Long-Travel
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
    I might have a newly refurbished steering rack and pinion from A1 Cardone in my posession soon and was wondering if anybody was interested in having a spare on hand. It is a direct O.E.M replacement. I know the long travel guys could certainly stand to have a spare on stand by. They sell for $389.00 + tax through an autoshop.

I'd be looking to get $200.

Hit me with a reply or P.M. if this is something you'd be interested in. I live in Socal (Murrieta/Temecula)

2. Apr 16, 2012 at 10:49 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
  3. Apr 17, 2012 at 6:53 PM
    hard2kill

hard2kill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    06 4door trd sport white 6spd
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    How much shipped to 12534 ny? I may need this

4. Apr 17, 2012 at 7:18 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    Not sure of the exact weight, but shipping a roughly 30lb rack to NY would probably be somewhere around $50. Just guessing. If that's still worth it to you I'll get an exact figure.

5. Apr 17, 2012 at 7:23 PM
    hard2kill

hard2kill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    06 4door trd sport white 6spd
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    I'll know if I need it thur or fri... Something is up with my steering it's got rough spots every half turn...gonna put it on lift soon an get back to you buddy but yes I'm interested lol

6. Apr 17, 2012 at 8:11 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    Hmm, ya that's not good. Those racks are self bleeding so if you have fluid in the reservoir and your ball joints aren't destroyed you might have a damaged rack. Best to put it on a lift though as you already mentioned.

7. Apr 17, 2012 at 10:35 PM
    TACODOC1

TACODOC1 AmericanAdventurist.com

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4WD V6 SR5 TRD Offroad
    See TACODOC.com!
    PM sent

To Top