1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Feeler: Air Tank Sliders

Discussion in 'Famous Fabrication' started by DWreck, Sep 7, 2012.

1. May 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM
    DWreck

DWreck [OP] Famous Fabrication Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Debadged, k&n cai, tc uca, billy 5100, led hood lights, redline hood struts, tailgate ez-down, ddm hid heads, Piaa 510 hid fogs, procomp 7089, dunlop fierce mt, cb and ham radios, hideaway strobes, ff front bumper, ff sliders, bed rack,
    Currently not able to produce. Sorry!

2. May 26, 2013 at 12:36 PM
    DoorDing

DoorDing Thank you, Nancy Roman

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    Hey! How are things? May as well get something positive out of continuing this thread. :)

3. May 26, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    MudFlap

MudFlap Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Memphis (north mississippi)
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    I have never seen this thread before but I really like the idea. But I wonder, somebody smarter than me tell me why we cant buy a regular portable type air tank from Home Depot and strap it up high somewhere under the body of the truck? Seems like a decent idea. How expensive would it be to have a custom built air tank (like 6 inch diameter by 3 feet long) and mount it right on top of the frame rail. Of course I aint looked under a 2nd gen to see how big of a tank would go but yall see what Im getting at. Just a random idea off top of my head is all.

4. May 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM
    DoorDing

DoorDing Thank you, Nancy Roman

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    If you can find the right tank size and with the right pressure rating, you can mount it. I'm sure people do just that, but you have to find the right size for your space. Another problem is that most cheaper tanks are steel, and they'll rust inside and out under the bed. Some aftermarket, purpose made tanks for OBA are aluminum, which saves weight and avoids most of the corrosion issue, but they're expensive.

A custom tank will run into the same certification issues that were discussed earlier in this thread. It's one thing if you manufacture your own tank, but once you pay someone to build one, I believe they assume some liability WRT certification standards. Some HPLV compressors use multiple tanks similar in size to the 6"x3' size you described, so it probably isn't hard to find something around that size.

To Top