1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Feeler: Camburg 4" Lift Spindles

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Cortland, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 9, 2011 at 11:19 AM
    Cortland

Cortland [OP] THIS IS AMERICA!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cortland
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Clifford aka Big Red
    Camburg 4" Spindles, 5100's All Around, All-Pro 1.5" Leaf Pack, All-Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit, Avid Sliders, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Wicked Flow 18" Muffler
    Sorry I have been MIA lately, my family has been in town visiting and my brother is having surgery today so I haven't been able to keep up with this thread.

I completely understand, plus I do not really fee comfortable being the one handling the entire thing. The only major role I wanted in this was getting the ball rolling.

I agree.

I understand why they are doing it they way they are doing it, it is because they want to guarantee that they have 10 committed buyers. But I also understand everyone else's concern as well.

That is exactly why Camburg wants a lump sum, they want to know that everyone is truly committed.

2. Mar 9, 2011 at 1:43 PM
    BlueSteel

BlueSteel Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey Doublecab TRD Sport Debadged
    Camburg 4" Spindles, Icon CB 2.5 adjustables front and rear, Total Chaos Upper/Lower CAs, Alcan 5" Rear Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, 5" SS Brakelines, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 18" KMC Monsters, Grill Craft Black Mesh Upper, Predator Running Boards, All Pro Rear Bumper and Hitch, Wet Okole Covers, Toyota Roof Rack, Limo Tint, TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Weathertech Mats, Redline Hood Struts, Red Top Odyssey battery, BDF Light Bar, Foglight anytime Mod, Lo Pro QT Truxedo Tonneau cover, Rocky Mount Bike Pegs.
    So, with this being said can't we call Camburg and give them our TW name and payment and they ship out once the 10 payments are received?...that is about the easiest approach I can come up with. To be honest we are only really saving $50 to go through all this trouble. If it were 25% off w/10 people I would understand all the confusion and wait patiently, but seems a little pointless for $50 savings when we already get 10% as TW members.

3. Mar 9, 2011 at 1:50 PM
    BlueSteel

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    Camburg 4" Spindles, Icon CB 2.5 adjustables front and rear, Total Chaos Upper/Lower CAs, Alcan 5" Rear Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, 5" SS Brakelines, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 18" KMC Monsters, Grill Craft Black Mesh Upper, Predator Running Boards, All Pro Rear Bumper and Hitch, Wet Okole Covers, Toyota Roof Rack, Limo Tint, TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Weathertech Mats, Redline Hood Struts, Red Top Odyssey battery, BDF Light Bar, Foglight anytime Mod, Lo Pro QT Truxedo Tonneau cover, Rocky Mount Bike Pegs.
    I am starting to think that I want to go with the same setup. 295/70R18 (34x11.50) Trail Grapplers would look nice. I would like a 305, but you sacrifice some height to go wider with that size because most average out to like a 32.8 X 12.50.

4. Mar 9, 2011 at 2:36 PM
    SanMarcosTacoma

SanMarcosTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    San Marcos
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prerunner TRD Sport DC LB
    Camburg spindles with 5100's set at 1.75, Allpro expedition rear springs, fuel mojave wheels with nitto trail grappler 305/55R20 tires
    Hey Bluesteel, you were saying that the all pro expeditions are backordered, did all pro charge your credit card when you ordered or they waiting till they ship? I need to order some but hate it when companys charge you long before they ship your stuff. Also are you doing axle shims or carrier bearing drop or both? Thanks

5. Mar 9, 2011 at 2:51 PM
    BlueSteel

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    Yeah the Expeditions are backordered until the end of the month, but they did not charge me yet until they come in.

I am currently running the axel shims and a carrier bearing drop with the Toytec 3". I don't really see much of a difference with the shims and axle wrap than I did before driving around without it...about the same as before. I originally forgot to install the shim with the kit. I installed the carrier bearing drop with the kit though and don't have any vibration issues. It only took me about 5-10 mins to install it...super easy.

I can see the carrier bearing drop helping out with the added height from the leafs and spindles, but should be good without the shims on the rear with the new leaf pack.

6. Mar 9, 2011 at 2:57 PM
    SanMarcosTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    San Marcos
    Vehicle:
    Camburg spindles with 5100's set at 1.75, Allpro expedition rear springs, fuel mojave wheels with nitto trail grappler 305/55R20 tires
    Cool...thanks man

7. Mar 9, 2011 at 3:00 PM
    luk3

luk3 I <3 the mall

Member:
    First Name:
    luke
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Vehicle:
    stanky taco
    Camburg spindles, All Pro leaf pack
    Why do we need to do shims or carrier bearing drop for the rear? I'm looking at the same leafs.

One a second note, lets see everyones trucks before the spindles and when we get them post the after....

8. Mar 9, 2011 at 3:16 PM
    BlueSteel

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    The shims and carrier bearing drop bracket were to help out with the added height from lifting the truck with stock leafs and an installed AAL. If you are going with a new leaf pack you can ditch the shims.

According to All Pro's website:

Their leaf springs are listed as followed

* A higher number of thinner leafs provides a smoother, progressive spring rate compared to fewer, thicker leaves
    * Double "military" wrap provides extra strength for the main leaf
    * "Torque Leaf", an extra half-leaf at the top of the spring pack, increases anti-wrap properties without hindering travel or ride quality

A carrier bearing drop kit should help out because of the height on the rear. The driveshaft is put at a more steep angle and it creates stress on the factory U-joints causing vibrations and or shudder.

9. Mar 9, 2011 at 7:27 PM
    2009 taco

2009 taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    juan
    lompton, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 sport
    jba headers, outlaw flowmaster, 3 inch pipes, k and n cold air intake, throttle body spacer, halo headlights, HIDs, deaver springs, kings all the way round, Built right UCAs, camburg spindles, Satoshi bumper and main grill, sliders
    Good luck with the group buy. I have been waiting for over three weeks to get my spindles. I call camburg and get no answer and no call back.:pout:

10. Mar 9, 2011 at 7:34 PM
    SanMarcosTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    San Marcos
    Vehicle:
    Total chaos spindle group buy? Anyone?

11. Mar 9, 2011 at 7:46 PM
    kinkrider101

kinkrider101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    santa barbara
    Vehicle:
    2007 cummins/2007 tacoma
    wheels and tires
  12. Mar 9, 2011 at 7:51 PM
    SanMarcosTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    San Marcos
    Vehicle:
  13. Mar 9, 2011 at 8:08 PM
    jwhaley

jwhaley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD offroad
    sport hood, billet grille, removed yellow plastic from head lights, painted door handles/tailgate handle/mirrors, Camburg 4" Spindles, 3" leaf pack, 5100's all around, plasti dip emblems, 18" Dick Cepek DC2 with 285/60 Nitto Terra Grapplers, blue and white led's on the interior, custom TRD decal, TRD exhaust
    you cant keep the factory sway bar with those...

14. Mar 10, 2011 at 1:12 PM
    luk3

luk3 I <3 the mall

Member:
    First Name:
    luke
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Vehicle:
    stanky taco
    Ok good news!!!
    So all I need all of your first and last names so I can forward them to Jeff to say your in the spindles group buy. So since most people don't want their full names on the internet just send me a private message of your first and last name. After I get your names we can place our order and get our spindles!!!

15. Mar 10, 2011 at 1:24 PM
    swervin22

swervin22 "Obviously, You're not a Golfer..."

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonas
    Chesapeake
    Vehicle:
    2004 Radiant Red Access Cab Off Road
    Good deal, I'm glad they are willing to help us out! The original way just sounded terrible. PM sent.....

16. Mar 10, 2011 at 1:42 PM
    SanMarcosTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    San Marcos
    Vehicle:
    Great news! PM sent! Thanks!

17. Mar 10, 2011 at 2:02 PM
    jwhaley

jwhaley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD offroad
    sport hood, billet grille, removed yellow plastic from head lights, painted door handles/tailgate handle/mirrors, Camburg 4" Spindles, 3" leaf pack, 5100's all around, plasti dip emblems, 18" Dick Cepek DC2 with 285/60 Nitto Terra Grapplers, blue and white led's on the interior, custom TRD decal, TRD exhaust
    PM sent! Thanks!!!!!

18. Mar 10, 2011 at 2:09 PM
    BlueSteel

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    PM Sent! Oh, on a different note here are some pics of TacoTron's ride with the 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler's...pretty sick looking! It looks like it will be a little close with just a 5" lift and no new front bumper.

TacoTron1.jpg
    TacoTron2.jpg
    TacoTron3.jpg
    TacoTron4.jpg

19. Mar 10, 2011 at 2:17 PM
    BlueSteel

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    If I can't fit the 295/70/18 Trail Grappler I might look into getting an oversized 33 X12.50 R18. Any Ideas?...I would like to get around a 33.5" or so, but keeping the same width.

20. Mar 10, 2011 at 2:28 PM
    luk3

luk3 I <3 the mall

Member:
    First Name:
    luke
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Vehicle:
    stanky taco
    What is your front lift going to total out to with the spindles? I'm liking Tacotrons!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top