1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FEELER: group buy on gears

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Robertocritser, Aug 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 31, 2013 at 7:14 AM
    ShouldBEasy

ShouldBEasy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Just give ECGS a call and order through their Labour Day Sale - I received NO discount on my assembled thirds (okay, they took off $30 on $3000 order) but pleasantly enough, their sale states 10% off.

So.... I will be calling ECGS today to voice my concern and displeasure of being told that 'no, we don't really have sales - pricing on thirds is what it is' and then having a significant discount pop up in my email.

2. Aug 31, 2013 at 7:35 AM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax ProKiller
    Kings, Toyos, Baja Designs, TC, SDHQ
    Dude my guy in Phx is the best, Absolute offroad, the guy knows gears like none other.

3. Aug 31, 2013 at 7:43 AM
    Btnewman

Btnewman Benjamin Newman

Member:
    First Name:
    Benjamin
    Grand Junction co
    Vehicle:
    Uh. It's beat to he//. But it's only 1 owner.
    Custom body work/damage ARB rear locker Bumpers Shocks Other parts Tires and Rims Air tank fully plumbed into truck "Golf ball mod"
    Called and left a message to try to get in on this last min. At least getting gears, nit sure bout front locker yet

4. Aug 31, 2013 at 8:43 AM
    ECGS

ECGS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    RALEIGH
    Labor Day Sale / Will honor Group buy as well on monday

LABORDAY.jpg

5. Aug 31, 2013 at 8:44 AM
    ECGS

ECGS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    RALEIGH
    Dear ECGS Customer (Past, Present, and Future):

This message is in response to all inquiries requesting a discount on Complete Axle Assemblies, and Complete 3rd members. The current Labor Day sale and all of our promotions exclude these items and is specifically stated in the advertisement and online when the code is used. We do not discount these assemblies from their advertised price. Our standard advertised price for the assemblies already includes a significant discount on the parts that we are installing. Therefore the remainder of the price is labor. We have calculated the labor rate on these assemblies to be as low as possible, for us to further discount these assemblies we would have to sell the parts under cost or cut our already low labor rate. In addition ECGS offers the Nations best warranty on these assemblies. The price of the units are specifically designed to provide the customer with the absolute best price and the best quality. The good news is you don't have to wait until a specific time to purchase or have regrets that you spent too much. Our assemblies are always advertised and sold at the very best price that we can produce them.

I personally do not like coupons and discounts. I prefer to sell all the products and services we have at a price that allows ECGS to stay solvent and yet offer the customer the best price and absolute best quality every time. In an effort to keep up with our competitors we will offer sales from time to time. These sales apply to parts only. ECGS currently has 6,000 sq. feet of warehouse space stocked with over 5,000 part numbers ready to ship. We currently have the resources to ship 30% more packages from our warehouse. We do not have the resources to increase the volume of custom assemblies. This is not to say that we can not accept orders it is merely stating it would not be wise or beneficial for us or the consumer to discount these assemblies in order to increase the volume sold. We are currently on 15-20 working day lead times for all custom axle assemblies. Our entire staff will be working Monday in order to get caught up and reduce our lead times back to our standard 7-10 day lead time. We are working to add qualified staff to our manufacturing team but in an effort to produce only the best quality. Only the best techs produce your axles! Hopefully this provides some insight on how and why we make the decision we make.

I am very proud of our team of 9 and we very much appreciate any and all orders received, we look forward to serving any future customers to the best of our abilities. Please take advantage of the 10% discount on parts offered for the labor day weekend, and please accept our apology for not being able to discount our custom built products.

Thank You,
    Chase Perry

6. Aug 31, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    ShouldBEasy

ShouldBEasy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thanks Chase, I just got your email and was going to post it here.

Apparently I can't read (at least I can't read to the end of an email...) as I got excited about 10% off and just went with it.

ECGS puts out a quality product and the remove and replace situation is certainly hard to beat. Thanks for posting here and I will attempt to improve my reading comprehension in the future!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top