1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Feeler: Sandblasted TRD Sport Wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by motionridr8, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Jul 10, 2013 at 12:29 PM
    motionridr8

motionridr8 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Merrimack, NH
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 DCSB
    5100's/886's/JBA UCAs, ICON RXT Rears, US Offroad Bumper
    I've got a set of 4 17" TRD Sport alloy wheels that I am considering having sandblasted. I'll be using one of the rims as a full sized spare, but can get the other 3 sandblasted as well. Would there be anyone interested in purchasing individual wheels that are ready for paint/plasti-dip/powdercoat? Probably would ask for $65 each, plus shipping.

2. Jul 14, 2013 at 6:57 AM
    dboz

dboz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Access Literider Tonneau, GO RHINO Dominator II side steps
    Why get them blasted? Someone might want one in factory finish. NO ONE will want one without a finish. All 4 yes, three, NO WAY.

3. Jul 14, 2013 at 7:05 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I don't know about all that. I bought a wheel with a finish and had to get strip it off myself to paint it. Getting a pre-blasted rim woulda sped up the process.

4. Jul 14, 2013 at 7:12 AM
    dboz

dboz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Access Literider Tonneau, GO RHINO Dominator II side steps

Nothing like a non factory finish wheel to fix the damaged one you would be being a single wheel for. Should match the other three real good after you rattle can or take a stab at matching powder coat colors.

5. Jul 14, 2013 at 7:16 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I needed a 5th rim for a spare. And the rattle can matched perfectly as the rest of my rims are rattle canned black too.

6. Jul 15, 2013 at 5:28 AM
    motionridr8

motionridr8 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Merrimack, NH
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 DCSB
    5100's/886's/JBA UCAs, ICON RXT Rears, US Offroad Bumper
    Yeah the 4 extra wheels I have already need to be media blasted. 1 of the 4 will be painted by me so I'll have a set of 5 painted alloys. So since I'm going to the media blaster anyways, I was considering just blasting the other 3, figuring there may be other people on TW that are looking for a 5th wheel that they could paint/powdercoat/plastidip to match their other 4 wheels. But, if there is no market or interest in them, I'll save the time and money and try to unload them as-is.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Products Discussed in

To Top