1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fender Bender

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by L_Jackson, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Feb 26, 2008 at 3:07 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    That's what I don't get about the police force, the community wasn't subjected to a lawless act, it was a stinkin' fender bender, why write a ticket for minimum safe distance, just looking for a buck. :mad:

2. Feb 26, 2008 at 6:11 PM
    Big Guns

Big Guns Well-Known Member

Member:
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 4.0L Indigo Blue
    Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, Black Headlight Mod, DO Rock Sliders
    That really sucks. On a brighter note, you can ditch that lame light bar and throw on an ARB bumper :)

3. Feb 26, 2008 at 6:13 PM
    05PreRunner

05PreRunner "Living life in the FAST lane..."

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
    TRD intake, JBA "shorty" headers, URD y-pipe
    Hell yeah, the ARB Bumper looks badass!!

4. Feb 26, 2008 at 7:19 PM
    L_Jackson

L_Jackson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black Sand Pearl PreRunner Acce
    Tinted Windows, Tow Hitch, 3" Toytec Lift, American Racing Outlaw II Wheels, Cooper Discoverer 33's, Aries Bull Bar w/ (2) 5" Lights, Nerf Bars, Fog Lights as DTR Lights, Roll Bar w/ (4) 5" Lights, Sony Speakers, 2 Extra Tie Downs
    yeah, those bumpers are cool on some trucks, but i don't think it's for me. i'll stay with my kick ass / lame bull bar....

5. Feb 26, 2008 at 7:24 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    Sorry to hear about your fender bender. At least it wasn't worse. Keep the bull bar, an ARB bumper would be a waste of money.

6. Feb 26, 2008 at 11:04 PM
    PatheticJoe

PatheticJoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 TRD Sport - Access Cab
    Agreed.

7. Feb 27, 2008 at 4:19 AM
    gsxr3000

gsxr3000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport
    OME Lift Kit, TRD S/C CAI EXHAUST
    my lawyer faught a ticket i rec'd in a similar accident... apparently something about how they can't ticket you for something they didn't witness. then again, maybe my lawyer was friends with the judge.

8. May 8, 2008 at 10:12 PM
    L_Jackson

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tinted Windows, Tow Hitch, 3" Toytec Lift, American Racing Outlaw II Wheels, Cooper Discoverer 33's, Aries Bull Bar w/ (2) 5" Lights, Nerf Bars, Fog Lights as DTR Lights, Roll Bar w/ (4) 5" Lights, Sony Speakers, 2 Extra Tie Downs
    hey everyone,
    just givin you the update that my baby is fixed... finally. got a shop to do it for 300 of my deductable instead of 500. there was "$1,300" worth of damage. they had to replace both headlights! i only scratched one, but when they came in, the blinker part in the center was clear with a orange bulb, and the stock one had a amber tint with an orange bulb, so they had to get 2 new ones to match.

didn't take any pics cuz she looks new again, no diff than before i started playin bumper cars :)

9. May 8, 2008 at 10:20 PM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    cool!!

10. May 8, 2008 at 10:25 PM
    L_Jackson

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    hey concrete,

i had my court date a few days ago about the following to close ticket.... talked to the prosecutor and he said i was "following" her too close.... i said i never "followed" her.... i pulled up behind her and stopped as she was already sitting there, then ramed her! i said an accident caused by "following" too close is running 50 mph down the road, the front guy slams on the brakes and guy behind them hits 'em. i said write me a ticket for not paying attention, or driving foward and looking backwards, and i'll pay it, but this is bogus.

well, long story short, i'm having a trail by jury next month hehe
    wish me luck!

11. May 8, 2008 at 11:31 PM
    Bubba-Jet

Bubba-Jet Active Member

Member:
    Wyano PA.
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma SR5 TRD 4X4 Sport
    Removed Secondary Air Filter,Tacomaworld Sticker,Wade In-Channel wind deflectors,Fumoto 12mm.F103N Engine Oil Drain Valve,Home Cast Bed Tie-downs
    Did the same thing TWICE .
    Back in 95 was in a company F250 Ford behind a Chrysler Minivan .He left (So I thought)
    I looked back No one was coming ,I Mashed it and next thing I saw was his whole rear window coming right at my windshield .Glass changes colers when it breaks.
    Got a 99 Dodge Dakota,didnt own it 10 minutes and I had a cracked windshield. A week later Im behind a brand new Durango same thing She leaves (NAUGHT) I MASH it and the wife screams I quickly try to apply Massive braking but miss and Mash it some more.I double whacked that one and the Durango won. I had $2500 damage she had none!

12. May 9, 2008 at 4:25 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    I'll chime in and agree that the gift is no one got hurt & am glad you weren't on your bike!!! :eek:

I hit black ice this winter, skidded off the road and tagged an ice bank (snowbank & freezing rain makes a snowbank hard as a tree!) In the blink of an eye, it was cha-ching! $2200 to fix the cosmetics of the front end. Mine was a painted front bumper tho.

Yep, $500 and its as good as new. It'll work out, keep your chin up.

13. May 9, 2008 at 4:44 AM
    Charli

Charli Stealer of Souls

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '06 Black Sand 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport V6 Access Ca
    Towing pkg with Mossberg hitch cover, Toyota tube steps, 3" Toytec lift and TSB, 1" diff drop, Tacoma World sticker, sockmonkey decals
    Glad to hear that the damage is fixed! Good luck with the trial! The technical term around here is "Assured Clear Distance"...I know this because the tickets for 2 out of my three accidents said so..... All in the space of a year when I was eighteen in the same microscopic Tercel which never sustained much damaged until the third and biggest crash (not acd). Even then it only popped out the blinker light (which I duk taped back in) unlike the Delta 88 I mangled. Little tank that car was. They don't make'em like they used too....

Products Discussed in

To Top