1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fender Flares question (hope this is a good place for this)

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by StaticFilter, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Jun 15, 2009 at 10:53 PM
    StaticFilter

StaticFilter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Cedar Hills, UT
    Vehicle:
    2008 Blue FJ Cruiser
    Lifted, N-Fab steps, Roof rack light bar, Grill guard, Volant Snorkel (not installed ye)
    I'd like to get some black fender flares for my truck, probably the bushwacker pocket style.

Will I be facing any rubbing issues with the flares if I have rubbing on my frame as it is?
    Kinda worried the flares will NOT fit with my All-Pro rear bumper... Thoughts?
    I've only been able to find the option for the Access and regular Cab of my year, do double cabs take a different flare?

2. Jun 15, 2009 at 11:49 PM
    SoCalBlack08

SoCalBlack08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner DC
    cant answer ur question but ur truck is BADASS!

3. Jun 15, 2009 at 11:59 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    I don't think so cuz the fendor flares are on the outside... I was thinking about getting them cuz i get a little rub but my buddy said that it wouldn't be much help if you want to decrease rubbing.... and yea the DCs have a different size flare... I have been looking for ones myself but they don't Have it for the ones we have yet.....

4. Jun 16, 2009 at 12:01 AM
    RZL

RZL buy 100% Kona coffee.

Member:
    Big Island
    Vehicle:
    '08 4x4 TRD O/R dub cab
    small kine
    yup. x2

5. Jun 16, 2009 at 2:23 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Bushwacker doesn't make flares for double cab short beds :thumbsup:

6. Jun 16, 2009 at 4:35 AM
    StaticFilter

StaticFilter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Cedar Hills, UT
    Vehicle:
    2008 Blue FJ Cruiser
    Lifted, N-Fab steps, Roof rack light bar, Grill guard, Volant Snorkel (not installed ye)
    Damn.

Anyone know of an available black flare for a DC Shortbed?

Oh, and thank you guys :)

7. Jun 16, 2009 at 4:49 AM
    dustin81

dustin81 DUSTOFF

Member:
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 TaCo Lifted TRD
    PRO COMP 6" Lift Stage II PRO COMP 2.75" Coilovers PRO COMP MX-6 shocks PRO COMP skid plate Bushwacker Fender Flares Smittybuilt Chrome Steps KC Chrome 6" SLIMLITES Billet Custom Grill JDM window vent visors Window Tint Flowmaster TRD CAI
    you should park next to an access cab or reg. cab and see th differences in flares... i would try calling bushwacker and ask if they have what you want or if the ones for access/reg. cab would work

8. Jun 16, 2009 at 4:56 AM
    jvand678

jvand678 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lubbock, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 Dbl CabTRD Sport 4x4 Black
    Westin Nerf bars, full window tint, redline hood struts, Icon Coilovers, Wheeler Add a Leaf 3 pack (on its way)
    Hey man,

the bushwackers can be manipulated to fit the DCSB (lots of heating, shaping, heating, trimming, heating.... to fit the rears)

As for the frame rub, they won't help at all!!! I'm running 285/65/18's on Moto Metals and still have to take it easy on hard reverse turns with 3" of lift.

Like others have said, Bushwacker is supposed to be coming out with the ones that fit our pickups but no telling how much longer it's going to take. At this point, I'd wait it out but I've had mine for about 8 mos now.

Good luck,

Joe

9. Jun 16, 2009 at 8:50 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    out of curiosity what the hell is making them not fit in the back i haven't seen one up close yet...???

Products Discussed in

To Top