1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fender plastic pitting

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by greez82, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Feb 28, 2017 at 11:05 PM
    jake slatnick

jake slatnick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jake
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Cement TRD Pro
    285/75r16 KO2's, Baja XL 80's on CBI ditch brackets, TRD intake, opticoat pro, clear bra running the bottom sides, morimoto LEDs, all white LEDs inside, mounted shovel and axe above wheel well in the bed, linex'd the bed...
    Mine has paint film. And I put film all the down the sides... But man my fenders are screwed and it's only been one trip. This is seriously concerning because it seems like nothing can be done. $50,000 tacoma after tax and this is what I get!

2. May 12, 2017 at 6:19 PM
    jake slatnick

Member:
    First Name:
    jake
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Cement TRD Pro
    285/75r16 KO2's, Baja XL 80's on CBI ditch brackets, TRD intake, opticoat pro, clear bra running the bottom sides, morimoto LEDs, all white LEDs inside, mounted shovel and axe above wheel well in the bed, linex'd the bed...
    @greez82

Just an update... My fenders got worse and worse the more I offroaded to a point that they basically looked white.

I got a basic paint polish from a local detail shop and used a polish applicator pad scrubbing the fenders to smooth them down a bit from the roughness of the pitting. Ended up applying to every fender because I have a lot of scratches from brushes etc offloading.

Then I applied the solution finish. Man that stuff is magic!!

The fenders are obviously still pitted... But really unnoticeable unless you know what you're looking for. From a few feet away they look like brand new fenders.

I ended up applying the solution finish along the bed rails as well - they were getting a little stained and scuffed from all the camping, dirt bike hauling, and just general crap I throw back there... Literally look brand new like the day I picked my taco up with 6 miles on it...

Highly highly recommend using this stuff. One of those must have products now for me that I'll apply every few months.

GPsevinSixx[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. May 12, 2017 at 7:04 PM
    GPsevinSixx

GPsevinSixx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ros Angerus
    Vehicle:
    2015twoAX2.4techPAWS
    6112/5160AALfnCNTSTRyokG015
    Thanks Jake! I'll let my buddy with a cement Pro know. He was bummed his got all pitted too.

4. May 12, 2017 at 7:07 PM
    jake slatnick

Member:
    First Name:
    jake
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Cement TRD Pro
    Ya man no problem! You can have him hit me up for more details. Tell him to clear bra the area right in front of it also to the top of the fender... I did that and so happy I did. Can already see the pitting in my clear bra which would've been my paint

GPsevinSixx[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. May 12, 2017 at 7:26 PM
    shakerhood

shakerhood Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DCSB Off Road, 6 Speed MT, P&T
    I have just been using 303 Protectant on my Fender Trim and it seems to be doing ok so far.

GPsevinSixx likes this.
  6. May 22, 2017 at 8:27 PM
    greez82

greez82 [OP] Shreddin the gnar

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2017 Quicksand DCLB TRD OR 4x4
    @jake slatnick thanks for the update. It must be from hitting trails at high speed 25mph+

jake slatnick likes this.
  7. May 22, 2017 at 8:29 PM
    jake slatnick

Member:
    First Name:
    jake
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Cement TRD Pro
    Sometimes 70+ ;)

No problem!

Products Discussed in

To Top