1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ffirg's 02 DC Build

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds' started by ffirg, Jun 1, 2013.

1. ffirg

ffirg [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma SR5 TRD 4X4
    Deckplate mod, grey wire mod, Moromoto Mini H1 projectors, 20'' Blitzpro LED bar, two 6'' Blitzpro LED bars, ultra gauge, rhino lined bed, LED dome light in camper shell, and more to come...
    Yeah I feel a little unstable. Better than stock, but still tippy. But I'm talking about those clover leaf on ramp things or corners on highways. So only when I'm going 50+. It's solid other than that.

2. m3bassman

m3bassman Professional Web Wheeler

Member:
    First Name:
    Captain Jack Sparrow
    On the seven seas!
    Canopy is part of it i bet. thats a big difference between us at this point. I just accept that i gotta go slow in my truck and thats fine by me. my driving style im sure plays a role. Too bad your not closer to go for a ride and compare. i think it would be interesting to see.

regardless, the ride is much better without the swaybar. if you can train yourself to slow down or learn to trust the feeling, i would take it off. you get used to it and adjust your driving.

3. ffirg

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma SR5 TRD 4X4
    Deckplate mod, grey wire mod, Moromoto Mini H1 projectors, 20'' Blitzpro LED bar, two 6'' Blitzpro LED bars, ultra gauge, rhino lined bed, LED dome light in camper shell, and more to come...
    Yeah I'm sure the shell has a little to do with it. And I have a lot of stuff in the truck all the time. There is one hill going up a mountain pass that starts at sea level and takes a 180 degree turn the opposite direction that immediately starts up a section of highway that is all uphill for about 5-10 miles. I have to keep up my speed/momentum around that corner or I'll be chugging along at 45 the rest of the way haha. That's the main section of road I'd worry about without the swaybar. I have to take that corner going 65-70 mph, and by the time I'm at the crest of the hill I'll be at 55 if I'm lucky. That is assuming I have a pretty heavy load in the bed or a trailer.

And yeah it'd be neat to compare rides. You've got some extra weight with the sliders but I'm a DC with a shell and an overweight/height driver haha, so it should even itself out.

4. m3bassman

Member:
    First Name:
    Captain Jack Sparrow
    On the seven seas!
    sliders dont weight that much.

5. ffirg

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma SR5 TRD 4X4
    Well I wouldn't know...:pout:

6. ffirg

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma SR5 TRD 4X4
    I went over a speed bump today and heard an extremely loud cracking noise from the front passenger side. Not sure what that could be but I scraped out some loose rocks/dried mud from my lower control arm. I hope that helps but we'll see. I've seen some people have issues with their UCA hitting the coil, but I don't think that's it. I don't see any indication that's the case anyway.

7. m3bassman

Member:
    First Name:
    Captain Jack Sparrow
    On the seven seas!
    on the old spacer lift my spindle would hit the coil. it would be a loud clunk on down travel. havent had that happen once with the new stuff.

8. ffirg

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma SR5 TRD 4X4
    errr, I meant spindle not UCA. My bad. But yeah it happened only right as the suspension was cycling back down. I hope that's not the case. I suppose new UCA would fix that but I don't really want to spend that money at this point. I just spent a pretty penny on a new toy. I don't know if any of you guys fish, but this thing is an amazing reel!

[​IMG]

9. m3bassman

Member:
    First Name:
    Captain Jack Sparrow
    On the seven seas!
    i prefer the lower profile ones but thats more for bass anyways. what you plan to bring in with that? im guessing big ol salmon?

10. ffirg

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma SR5 TRD 4X4
    You got it. And the occasional sea monster.

[​IMG]

:spy:

11. m3bassman

Member:
    First Name:
    Captain Jack Sparrow
    On the seven seas!
    so jealous. not even fair.

12. ffirg

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma SR5 TRD 4X4
    Make a road trip up here and we'll make it happen. Monte's somewhere around here right now as well lol.

13. m3bassman

Member:
    First Name:
    Captain Jack Sparrow
    On the seven seas!
    one day ill get there. PCH up to the aclan is a dream of mine.

14. ffirg

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma SR5 TRD 4X4
    I want to do the alcan as well. I've been toying with the idea of attempting to get a month off in the fall and drive down to the states and explore a bit. Visit family and friends and camp/fish along the way. The only problem is I probably wouldn't have a job when I got back lol. And I'd want a RTT before I made a trip like that.

15. Box Rocket

Box Rocket Neighborhood Know-it-all

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Syracuse, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD DoubleCab
    lift, tires, armor and stuff
    that fish made me poop a little.

16. DirtyDTaco

DirtyDTaco Talk slow, shoot fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    '00 XtraCab 4x4 3.4L V6 5-Speed, 240K miles
    Polk 6.5" Coaxial Door Speakers, Pioneer DEH-X6500BT Head Unit, Black Bed-Lined Badges, 15% Tint, JL Audio 10" BassWedge, Alpine 500w Mono Amp
    x2
    wtf is that thing and why are you holding it?? You sir, have more balls than me.

17. m3bassman

Member:
    First Name:
    Captain Jack Sparrow
    On the seven seas!
    Why he has gloves on?

18. DirtyDTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    Polk 6.5" Coaxial Door Speakers, Pioneer DEH-X6500BT Head Unit, Black Bed-Lined Badges, 15% Tint, JL Audio 10" BassWedge, Alpine 500w Mono Amp
    Gloves won't keep it from eating your face off

19. ffirg

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma SR5 TRD 4X4
    Haha it's a Ling Cod. I wish I had a better picture of its mouth all the way open. It could swallow my head whole. And my head is pretty fat.

20. DirtyDTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    Im pretty sure if I caught that thing I would crap on myself haha. We don't have anything like that in Mississippi luckily haha. Alligator Gar thats about it

To Top