1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ffirg's 02 DC Build

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds (1995-2004)' started by ffirg, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Jul 17, 2020 at 8:12 AM
    ffirg

ffirg [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma SR5 TRD 4X4
    $$$
    Wheel bearings were changed last summer when I did LBJs, axle seals, CVS, etc so I’m sure those aren’t the issue.

I changed rotors/pads a little over a year ago and noticed the top or bottom of one pad was wearing unevenly on my driver side. I go through rotors every year to 2 years it seems. I’m wondering if I do have a caliper starting time seize causing that rotor to heat up just enough to warp on me

2. Nov 28, 2020 at 11:48 PM
    ffirg

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma SR5 TRD 4X4
    $$$
    Well I ended up replacing rotors and pads in August after tearing apart and cleaning everything with no luck. The noise has not came back. Nothing looked out of the ordinary and I felt silly changing pads that had a ton of life left.

This time I went with OEM pads and rotors and I’m hoping these rotors last a lot longer than the EBC and Brembo rotors I had been using. The OEM ones are noticeably heavier in hand so hopefully that helps.

I also just ordered new headlight housings and a mini H1 kit from the retrofit source. So that will give me a fun winter project.

PcBuilder14 likes this.
  3. Mar 11, 2021 at 11:36 AM
    ffirg

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma SR5 TRD 4X4
    $$$
    Well I added a member to the family last weekend...still have the Toyota but may be selling it this summer. Still not sure about that yet. So far I’m loving the power and space in this thing but I still prefer driving around town in the tacoma.

7A539977-4452-43E3-BF84-72A725208BDA.jpg

4. Sep 19, 2021 at 10:14 PM
    ffirg

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma SR5 TRD 4X4
    $$$
    Well the day finally came. I sold the Tacoma last week. She was such a great truck but I was starting to get nervous about the amount of rust on the frame. And I don’t have room for two vehicles nor do I want to insure two. I may end up regretting it but hey, I can always get into a used one again in the future.

This site has been such a huge help over the years so I’ll miss it. The F150 forums just aren’t the same…

Dalandser likes this.
To Top