1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FFS Let's all stop referencing the Magnussen Moss Act......

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016+)' started by skiploder, May 16, 2019.

1. Feb 5, 2020 at 8:01 AM
    Cudgel

Cudgel “Tonka”

Member:
    Live in: An Ocean of Plastic Trash
    Vehicle:
    2017 OR DCLB
    ICON8 Lift -285s. upTOPoverland rack.
    It is good to dream. However the internet would be a lonely place if people knew what they were talking about. Myself included.

Keep the faith, societies ebb, flow and fail.

Gunshot-6A likes this.
  2. Dec 21, 2020 at 1:54 PM
    .jake

.jake Ex-Lion Tamer

Member:
    Discharged from the Whale’s Vagina into Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    0x07E1 4x4 DCLB TRD Sport
    2" Lift on 16x8 -12 SCS Ray 10's w/ 265/75 Wildpeaks
    Dang OP, a partner for two years and still only had one suit to wear to court? That's messed up mang! Lol.

I'm fighting a battle with a local dealer that's chased out my super annoying front end clanking/squeaking noise for tens of thousands of miles, never find anything, naturally, even though any and every dip will produce it. Last time they blamed the lift. I guess they were out of ideas. I reminded them it made the sounds when it wasn't lifted. They're like, prove it. I told them to pull surveillance. After we measured dicks one more time I caved and left. Theirs was bigger. <sigh>
    This sticky was a good read. Thanks

3. Dec 21, 2020 at 3:38 PM
    daltondrose

daltondrose Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dalton
    Forest Grove, OR
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Pro Voodoo Blue, 2008 FJ MT Sand Storm / White
    • Victory 4x4 front Strike Bumper • Warn Winch Zeon 10 Synthetic • White Knuckle Offroad Rock Rails • Prinsu Full Rack System front and rear • ARB On Board Twin Air Compressor • Nitro 5:29 gears w ARB Air Lockers • 315 70/17 BFG KM3 • 17” Wheels KMC XD with Matching Spare • Decked Storage System • SnugTop Canopy with Windoors • Expedition One Rear Bumper with Dual Swing Outs • Baja Designs Rock Lights • Switch Pros SP 9100 • Victory 4x4 LED Light Bar • Front Baja Designs Driving Lights • Rear Baja Designs Flood Lights • Body Mount Chop (installed by Accessory Outfitters in Aloha, OR) • OME Rear LEAF Springs (soon Deaver Stage III w/ Archive Hammer Hanger) • Ride Rite Airbag System with Daystar airbag free floating cradle • Tailgate panel, Black Mountain Hatch • Tacoma Bed Stiffeners, Chaos Fab • Spindle Gusset, Chaos Fab • ICON 2.5 (58735c FR / 57805P RR) Suspension
    Did they install the lift?

4. Dec 21, 2020 at 6:47 PM
    .jake

.jake Ex-Lion Tamer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Nope.

5. Dec 21, 2020 at 8:06 PM
    daltondrose

daltondrose Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dalton
    Forest Grove, OR
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Pro Voodoo Blue, 2008 FJ MT Sand Storm / White
    • Victory 4x4 front Strike Bumper • Warn Winch Zeon 10 Synthetic • White Knuckle Offroad Rock Rails • Prinsu Full Rack System front and rear • ARB On Board Twin Air Compressor • Nitro 5:29 gears w ARB Air Lockers • 315 70/17 BFG KM3 • 17” Wheels KMC XD with Matching Spare • Decked Storage System • SnugTop Canopy with Windoors • Expedition One Rear Bumper with Dual Swing Outs • Baja Designs Rock Lights • Switch Pros SP 9100 • Victory 4x4 LED Light Bar • Front Baja Designs Driving Lights • Rear Baja Designs Flood Lights • Body Mount Chop (installed by Accessory Outfitters in Aloha, OR) • OME Rear LEAF Springs (soon Deaver Stage III w/ Archive Hammer Hanger) • Ride Rite Airbag System with Daystar airbag free floating cradle • Tailgate panel, Black Mountain Hatch • Tacoma Bed Stiffeners, Chaos Fab • Spindle Gusset, Chaos Fab • ICON 2.5 (58735c FR / 57805P RR) Suspension
    Damn. Sorry Buddy.

6. Dec 22, 2020 at 1:18 PM
    .jake

.jake Ex-Lion Tamer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I know. When they lost interest in looking any further and just blamed the lift I knew they played their best card. It's OK though. I'm not out of Toyota dealers in the area.

daltondrose likes this.
  7. Aug 6, 2021 at 5:06 AM
    Nirango kid

Nirango kid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gilles
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD Sport Premium in Barcelona Red
    The moral of this story is don't mod your vehicle that is still under warranty as the Dealers will use it against you when it comes to issues. Just saying wait till all the warranties are done then do all mods you want.

8. Sep 5, 2021 at 10:49 AM
    FL_TRD Sport

FL_TRD Sport Very Well Known in His Own Home

Member:
    First Name:
    Hector
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Sport MGM DCLB
    This is an EXCELLENT thread and well deserved of being a sticky. People are so quick to play the "I'll get my lawyer involved" card when things don't go their way without realizing the reality of the situation. Anyone with a reasonable amount of business experience will just say "sorry you feel that way but if that's what you feel you have to do, go ahead". Then people are shocked when they actually do go to a lawyer and he/she asks them for a $5k retainer to get the case started.

Everyone needs to remember that when you tune your truck, lift it, or do any other modification not specifically authorized and performed by Toyota, you are doing so at your own risk when your truck is under warranty.

skiploder [OP] likes this.
  9. Sep 15, 2021 at 10:49 AM
    JoeCOVA

JoeCOVA IG @MightyJoeFlannel

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD OR
    35" Trepadors w/ OMF Beadlocks, Kings, OBA, 5.29s etc
    You can file a civil suit on your own for a small fee. That alone would cause some motivation.

You’d be surprised how much you can do on your own without a lawyer, you really only need one when it goes to formal litigation but even corporations don’t want that. That’s why so many settle.

I really just depends, I’ve thrown out M-M and it’s motivated the dealer so for every bad experience there is a good one.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    Inferno! likes this.
  10. Sep 15, 2021 at 11:19 PM
    FL_TRD Sport

FL_TRD Sport Very Well Known in His Own Home

Member:
    First Name:
    Hector
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Sport MGM DCLB
    Unfortunately any claim for relief under Mag-Moss would be filed in Federal court where there is no small claims. The initial filing fee is $400 (depending on district), assuming you know how to write the complaint and cover sheet and are familiar with the rules of Federal civil procedure and procedures for the particular district where you are filing. It's not something that's easy to do yourself like small claims court.

11. Oct 14, 2021 at 8:03 AM
    Inferno!

Inferno! Well-Known Member

Member:
    El Dorado Hills
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR Inferno 2/1 Lift 285/70/16 Grapplers
    Supercharger, sway bars, lift, leather, tires, etc.
    MM act lawsuit threat (printed out and showed the dealer) got me a new transmission after the warrantee company refused me for a week. To say that the MM act has no value is a mistake.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    JoeCOVA likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top