1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fiberglass Fenders

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by thereverend, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Nov 8, 2014 at 6:56 PM
    thereverend

thereverend [OP] rev

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    B'ham AL
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB TRD Sport 6spd SC
    TRD SC, URD 1 size smaller SC drive pulley, Volant CAI w scoop, TacoTunes full kit, MagnaFlow muffler for flow but ran out rear to kill the drone.
    Just got a set of 'glass fenders for my '14 DC SB 4.0 SC 6SPD soon (this week) to have OME885, 5100s, All-Pro UCAs, Deaver progressive AAL.

Anyway, any tips or tricks on the installation? Really, tips on both OEM removal (like any hidden bolts) and installation (sanding, filing, etc).

Please help this newb because I think I'm doing OK so far.
    Thanks guys ya'll been a wealth of info.
    -Adam

2. Nov 8, 2014 at 7:03 PM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    Pick up a set of wheel spacers or the fiberglass fenders are going to look goofy at stock track width.

Removing the FM antenna can be a bitch. I ended up cutting mine out and now run a splitter that makes the CB antenna do double work as the FM antenna.

Sand a little, check fitment, sand a little... don't get impatient and take the grinder to them to speed things up. You'll regret it later.

Have a plan for your intake. Removing the stock fender liner is going to expose the intake tube to the open fender. Intake no likey the dirt, mud, sand, snow, etc. I ended up just cutting the tube and patching the hole in the inner fender's sheet metal. Sucks air from the engine bay.

3. Nov 8, 2014 at 7:08 PM
    TCprerunner

TCprerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yeah deffently want to see some pics of glass with 5100s

4. Nov 14, 2014 at 7:30 PM
    thereverend

thereverend [OP] rev

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    B'ham AL
    Vehicle:
    TRD SC, URD 1 size smaller SC drive pulley, Volant CAI w scoop, TacoTunes full kit, MagnaFlow muffler for flow but ran out rear to kill the drone.
    DEFINITELY need/want some pics of a 2014ish with 'glass and no long travel susp.I see your point sbout the spacers but that may just look like a band-aid. As far as the antenna issue I ordered one of 40" soft wire marine antennas http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O8SQNG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (hell, it was just $6). Think that may work? I also ordered ($6) one of those antennas that's flexible and goes on the windshield. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JKE8AOU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5. Nov 15, 2014 at 1:17 AM
    357sig

357sig Donut king

Member:
    First Name:
    dough boy
    donut shop
    Vehicle:
    Gold digger
    Yup!!

As for hidden bolts, there are two in the door jam for the fenders. The rest is the bottom of the headlights.

6. Nov 17, 2014 at 9:28 PM
    thereverend

thereverend [OP] rev

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    B'ham AL
    Vehicle:
    I've got the volamnt CAI w/dry filter that has the hoser that goes to a "ram air scoop"(if you want to call it that so I hop-e that ,ight cure that issue of where it pulls air from - i.e from the top of the core support instead of the inner fender, maybe. And I guess I hadn't thought of the long ravel issue vs oEM tucked in look. You think 2 inch spacers will,be sufficient?

7. Sep 27, 2015 at 3:59 PM
    thecoz

thecoz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Columbus Ga
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 6 speed
    K&N drop in, flowmaster 40 dumped before rear axle, 20% tint up front. 3 inch fat bobs coilover. Rear aal and zone shocks. LR UCA. 1.5 inch rear block. CBI moab 2.0 front bumper with wrap around guard. Smittybuilt 9500lb winch. URD short throw shifter.
    I know this was nearly a year ago but I am wanting to do a similar thing and have the lift but am still up in the air about spacer, what glass and what intake?? Any updates.

8. Sep 27, 2015 at 10:45 PM
    thecoz

thecoz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Columbus Ga
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 6 speed
    K&N drop in, flowmaster 40 dumped before rear axle, 20% tint up front. 3 inch fat bobs coilover. Rear aal and zone shocks. LR UCA. 1.5 inch rear block. CBI moab 2.0 front bumper with wrap around guard. Smittybuilt 9500lb winch. URD short throw shifter.
    I see the op is from Birmingham Ala and I'm not far from there so if I could check em out sometime let me know.

9. Sep 29, 2015 at 9:37 PM
    thecoz

thecoz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Columbus Ga
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 6 speed
    Also am thinking 285/75 17s unlike the common 285/70 17s

Products Discussed in

To Top