1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FIGHTMAN'S SPEEDWAY BLUE TACO

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds' started by Fightman80, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Oct 2, 2012 at 6:08 PM
    Chad7088

Chad7088 Old Newbie

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    19th state
    Vehicle:
    '12 Tacoma DC Sport 4x4
    4.5 RCD lift, 295/70/17 hankook dynapro ATMs wrapped around 17x9 helo HE791 wheels, avs in-channel window visors, 20% tint, gibson cat-back, afe dry filter, painted engine cover, sock monkey decals, sickspeed shift knob, wet okole seat covers, weather-tech floor mats, G4 fold-a-cover tonneau, n-fab step bars
    I think your truck looks great.....the tail lights definitely DO NOT look ghetto. They look awesome! I should do this also. What kind of bug shield is that? I'm usually not a fan of bug shields, but I like the one on your truck....looks like its low profile....fits flush with the hood. Am I right or are the pics deceiving me?

2. Oct 2, 2012 at 6:17 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco That "grill guy" Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    07' DCSB cut to pieces...
    Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad / Safari Snorkel / Illuminated 4x4 switch / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust Dump / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift
    Very nice build. SWB is my favorite color. :anonymous:
    +1 to you sir!

3. Oct 2, 2012 at 6:20 PM
    blake5995

blake5995 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Truckee, CA
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma SR5 4x4 2.7L
    very nice build.

4. Oct 2, 2012 at 6:22 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 GO VOLS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    truck looks good! i need to do the any time fog, and L.E.D’s inside also on the rear license plate.

5. Oct 2, 2012 at 6:59 PM
    Fightman80

Fightman80 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capreol Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD DCLB Speedway Blue
    Tinted Tail lights, Nerb Bars, Tonneau Cover, Vent Visors, Hood Deflector, Foglight/highbeam mod, Custom homemade grill, Carbon Fibre Interior.
    Thanks for the compliments guys! Coming from you guys.... it's an honour! :)

I'm not entirely sure... it came with the truck. I think it's a Toyota bug shield though.... pretty sure I saw it branded in the plastic or something.

I got a few extras with this truck, including a tonneau cover, step bars, and window vents! The tonneau cover was a brand new piece, and only cost me $200.00 instead of $1000.00! :)

6. Oct 2, 2012 at 8:04 PM
    tacomonazul

tacomonazul Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    SOCAL
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB LT/4LINK
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/227832-my-never-end-build.html
    My taco looked the same the first time I removed the center console :eek:, I like how that carbon fiber looks, great mod!

7. Oct 3, 2012 at 4:37 PM
    Fightman80

Member:
    Capreol Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    Tinted Tail lights, Nerb Bars, Tonneau Cover, Vent Visors, Hood Deflector, Foglight/highbeam mod, Custom homemade grill, Carbon Fibre Interior.
    Thanks man! I really like how the Carbon Fiber looks too.... but going to redo the arm rests in black leather or some other material. The Carbon Fiber was a pain to install there, and had to be adjusted a few times. As a result, it's starting to come loose on the arm rests.... :(

I'm going to try and get that done by the end of the weekend.... because it's bugging me! lol!

8. Oct 5, 2012 at 8:36 PM
    Fightman80

Member:
    Capreol Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    Well, got 2 days off, and gonna try to get some leather tomorrow morning and fix those arm rests! Wish me luck! :D

9. Oct 6, 2012 at 7:44 PM
    Fightman80

Member:
    Capreol Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    Well, got it done! Took the better part of the day, but finally finished around 9:45pm (Eastern Time) tonight!

What the carbon fiber looked like after a day.... :(

[​IMG]

Roll of vinyl I got for $5.00!

[​IMG]

Laying out the old arm rest material to cut the new stuff

[​IMG]

Traced it out:

[​IMG]

Next step was to clean off the old adhesive off the plastic panels. I used paint thinner and a rag and rubbed it all off. Kinda messy... but I wanted a bare surface to work with.

Next, I used the spray adhesive I got at the upholstery store. The can usually sells for $25.00 a can, but they had one there that was soiled on the outside, so they sold it to me for $10.00! :)

I sprayed the adhesive on the panel outside, then ran in the house to apply the vinyl. You kinda have to work quickly, and I had my wife help me lay down the vinyle and flatten it onto the panel.

After a couple of hours of dry time, I intalled all the panels back on the door panel, and called it a night!

[​IMG]

Pics of the panels installed will be coming.... ran out of daylight, and I'm just going to wait til the morning to put them in the truck.

Thanks for looking, and check back tomorrow if you're interested in seeing what it looks like installed in the truck.

10. Oct 6, 2012 at 7:52 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD OR S/C 4x4
    TRD S/C, Full OME Suspension, LR UCAs, Relentless Front Bumper, Derpwerx Fab HC Rear Bumper, 285/75/16 Revos, XD Hoss Wheels, Safari Snorkel, Infiniti FX-R HID Retrofit, Airbags in rear, Optima Yellow top, Besttop, All-Pro Skid, All-Pro HD Sliders
  11. Oct 6, 2012 at 8:00 PM
    himmie

himmie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sarah
    AZ-WI
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Visit the Build.
    Arm rests look good! One of these days, I need to do something with mine...

12. Oct 7, 2012 at 6:01 AM
    Fightman80

Member:
    Capreol Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    Thanks folks! It was definitely worth it, and isn't all that hard to do! Just a little time consuming.... ;)

13. Oct 7, 2012 at 7:08 AM
    Lazylegs

Lazylegs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Southern Maryland, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Toyota AC Sold
    Tint (35%), a must. Step bars, Bull bar, Bull lights,4x4 light mod, Flip down 10" DVD player, De badged, Color match front emblem, color matched bumpers., black out tails, Cobra cb, Flashlight mod,bed-light mod,
    Truck looks great. On a side note I think the little lady would be mad at you for working on that good lookin hard wood table. :)

14. Oct 7, 2012 at 11:11 AM
    Fightman80

Member:
    Capreol Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    HA HA! Yeah... she doesn't mind... lol!

Here's some installed pics!

Front door w/ Interior.....

[​IMG]

Back door....

[​IMG]

View of the other side!

[​IMG]

Overall, I love the new Upholstery over the all that carbon fiber.... now there's just the right amount of both! :)

15. Oct 7, 2012 at 11:17 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 GO VOLS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    looks good! i need to do my doors and center console lid.

16. Oct 10, 2012 at 7:23 AM
    Fightman80

Member:
    Capreol Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    Do it man! You'll love it!

17. Oct 10, 2012 at 5:55 PM
    Fightman80

Member:
    Capreol Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    LET THERE BE LIGHT!

[​IMG]

Got my LED panel in the mail! So much better than the other one I ordered, and cheaper!

Also, fell upon a used set of Weather Tech floor mats for $135.00! These babies retail for nearly double that!

[​IMG]

I'm gonna clean them up a little, but for the price... I couldn't pass those up!

18. Oct 10, 2012 at 6:06 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 GO VOLS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    damn what do the weather tech mats go for up that way? here they are $160 for front and back.

edit: i also have the black, and the driver one is pretty dirty need to clean it.

19. Oct 10, 2012 at 6:20 PM
    Fightman80

Member:
    Capreol Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    Like I said above......nearly double what I paid.....so $270.00 for fronts and the back piece.... Plus taxes...... :D

20. Oct 12, 2012 at 10:16 AM
    Fightman80

Member:
    Capreol Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    All Cleaned up and looking good!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To Top